Page 62 of 166 FirstFirst ... 125258596061626364656672112162 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by jubilees_bf View Post
    Attachment 21483

New picture of Jubilee!! This movie is going to be amazing!

I know Jubilee won't have as much time as the main cast: Prof X, Magneto, Beast, Mystique, Cyclops, Jean, Storm, Moira, and Apocalypse... But how do you think her role will compare to other x characters from past films? I'm guessing comparable to Pyro (x2,) Blink, Kitty or Quicksilver (DOFP,) or Angel (male or female from both movies.)

I'm guessing since she has a set built presumably for her recruitment (the mall scenes,) and is with Jean, Nightcrawler, and Cyclops... She will get some dialogue and a sense of minor development at least... A few power scenes, maybe a visit to the mansion with Xavier, and maybe participate in a battle. Thoughts?
    I'm cautiously optimistic. She may have a role like First Class' Banshee or Havok in this. Mostly there in the movie throughout, if still clearly a third-tier character.

I think that's kind of expected considering what big stars are in the movie. Those are the people that everyone going to see the movie really wants to see. I'm mostly just happy that she'll get more than a token cameo where she's not even referred to by name.

Quote Originally Posted by Jubilee View Post

After Secret Wars, I'm hoping for:
    -Vampire and mutant abilities
    -No de-aging
    -No Shogo
    -A new, actually interesting, costume
    -Appearances in more than just one book
    -Ventures outside of the X-Verse
    -Actual character development

Fingers crossed!

I wish the same... even thoigh I don't have any issue with Shougo... but I really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really want to see her as a vampire and mutant...

Is funny how Marvel has a lot of good characters and really loved but they only work with a few number... the only moment I hated Jubes was in the comic with her name (when she was living with her aunt Hope, that after that sadly she disappeared)... but she is and will always being my favorite character.

I saw her for the first time in the 90's cartoon, in my country there were o comics or only Superman and Batman comics (we knew Marvel because the cartoons)... Since I love her and a love the mutants (I even knew her before Captain America)...

I want a writer who really loves her take her under his/her wing and begin to do something great with her, the last good comic I saw her was when she went to the forest with Logan and Shogo and before that was when she was in Paris with Laura, Gambit and Logan...

I have great hopes for her in Secret Wars... I want the writers not only write about her, that they also stop always changing her eyes colors...

What do you guys think of AOA Jubilee's look so far?
    Faves: Ororo Munroe♥ Maxima Of Almerac♥ Donna Troy♥ Mari Jiwe McCabe♥ Jean Grey♥ Cyclops♥ Monet♥ Wanda Maximoff♥ Jubilee♥
    CHECKMATE
    GA: "She moves fast"..
    F:"Compared to who?"
    GA:"Hold her!"
    F:"Does it look like I'm not trying!?"

♡♡♡

Secretly in the Shadows Starleafgirl's Avatar

Attachment 21483

Very '80s! Though I think Jubilee looks better with a pixie cut than long hair. Other than that, lookin' good!

Quote Originally Posted by America / Bucky / Russia View Post
    Nice touch with the badges! It's great to finally see a Jubilee who looks like Jubilee. I'm looking at you, X2.

Attachment 21485

I liked her look in the first X-Men movie. I saw part of it the other day and Jubilee is actually in it, she just doesn't say anything.

Quote Originally Posted by malachi_munroex View Post
    What do you guys think of AOA Jubilee's look so far?
    Are you talking about new pictures or in the past?

If you're talking about new pictures... share!

Oh, wait, you mean the movie, not comics, lol.

See above parts of this post for my opinion. ;P
    Prεtty Pεnny
    I have no speech. No name. I live in the action of death. The blood-cry, the penetrating wound. I am destruction.... http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7.../penance-1.jpg
    <----------------------------------->

Keep the snark to a minimum. ~ The CBR Community Behavior Rules

"What? I can't promise that!" ~ Starleafgirl

Original Join Date: 10-31-2007

sorry I cant say Apoc movie Jubilee looks good. Only because thats exactly what my hair looked like circa 87 and gaaah Im getting bad 80's flashbacks, lol!

nah jk- she looks great!

Long-time Jubester Fan jubilees_bf's Avatar

http://www.comicbookresources.com/ar...-hoop-earrings

new set photo from Bryan Singer's official page of Jubilee and Jean at the mall

Ultimate Member

Bryan Singer supposedly binge-watched all of X-Men: TAS before making the first film. So that may be were his fondness for Jubilee comes from. She was originally going to be part of the "future team" in DOFP (there's concept art and everything).

Right. Singer also produced/directed X-Men and X-Men 2.
    There is a rumor that he wanted Natalie Portman to play Jubilee in the film I heard somewhere, but she turned it down (which I'm glad since she isn't Asian, although I love her.) He liked her enough to be in the first movie in a 'visible' cameo. Her speaking lines were deleted (because they didn't add to the film, and were merely classroom scenes of her talking to Kitty, Storm, and Rogue.) Out of all of the X-Men he could choose from, he had her in the first movie at least. Same for the second film... so much so, that there was an autographed trading card of Jubilee and her actress, Kea Wong. The actress was part of the primary credits, too. However, Singer cut out her most prominent scene, in which she used her powers in the museum. It would have made sense to keep it in the film, because she is seen again and referred to by name. It would have given a face to the kidnapped children for the audience to empathize with. But, for some reason, it was cut.
    Again, he wanted to make up for it in DOFP by including her in the future scenes. He cut her, maybe realizing it wouldn't be a big enough showcase for a character that he and fans both like and recognize.

So, I feel that he is making up for it in this new film. Jubilee's mall scene likely won't be cut, due to the other actors involved and the time spent to create the location and details. It also adds much of an 80s feel to the film, setting the timeline for the audience. Also, this is the second official picture of her he has shown, with only the first week of filming... and has also shown several photos of the mall location and arcade.
    I'm hopeful that she will have a supporting role in this film, much similar to Pyro, Havok, Banshee, Angel (male and female,) and probably bigger than Blink.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/ar...-hoop-earrings

new set photo from Bryan Singer's official page of Jubilee and Jean at the mall
    I have to admit she really look a long haired version of Jubes!!!

right, and she has had long hair in a lot of the comics... even later on in the Animated Series. Generation X, New Warriors, Wolverine and Jubilee miniseries... all of them had her with long hair.

I've missed so much. Time to catch up a bit!

Quote Originally Posted by Jubilee View Post
    Sometimes I feel like I'm the only person on the internet that still fights for Jubilee. It's really paid off, as I've managed to cement her a future spot on the Marvel Heroes roster by constantly voicing my support for her. Now there are a bunch of Jube fans on the forums over there and every time there's a character poll, she's almost always in the top 5. I believe she was 3rd in the most recent 'Most Wanted Character' poll.

The fans of other characters are so loud, so we totally should be too. Even if we find the odds stacked against us sometimes.
    I'm at least glad that this thread exists, since most of us are usually on the same page with our opinions.

After Secret Wars, I'm hoping for:
    -Vampire and mutant abilities
    -No de-aging
    -No Shogo
    -A new, actually interesting, costume
    -Appearances in more than just one book
    -Ventures outside of the X-Verse
    -Actual character development

Fingers crossed!
    Awww. I just don't post on the Marvel Heroes boards. I lurk. I take it you are either JubilationLee or JubileeRulz there? The only post I've ever made was to subtly beg TheDink to do Jubilee's "Modern Classic" look when she's added to the game. I would've helped you out, but I don't have much time for forums these days. I was thinking about suggesting some Uniques and flavor text to them though.

I agree with much of your list. It would be a complete disservice to fans if she is de-aged again. I think the majority of us are ready to see her get the Kitty-esque transition into adulthood. Obviously her personality shouldn't change much, but it's time to stop lumping her in with whatever the young X-Men team around is. It made me a little sick to see Rockslide get a role in the Wolverine and Jubilee mini while her best buds Chamber, Paige and Gambit were nowhere to be found.

Yes to being a mutant and vampire. Maybe some kind of hybrid that needs blood to fuel both sets of powers? Not sure. Something unique, but nothing to make her overpowered like having her mutant powers and vampire powers potentially could. She still needs to suck blood from across a room Legacy of Kain style while she can.

I'm cool with no Shogo. Everything about him was ill-conceived. I never bought Jubilee caring so much for some random kid that she needs to adopt him rather than just finding him a good home. I really didn't buy her insisting on bringing the kid on a mission either. I certainly didn't care for Wood's borderline racism ("Shogo is Asian so people wouldn't question if the kid is really Jubilee's or not"). Having lived in Japan, I rolled my eyes at the thought of a Japanese-Bulgarian kid looking anything like a Chinese American girl.

I'm not too interested in her interacting outside of the X-verse much as I'm biased and only really an X-fan. Though I could totally see her being BFFs with Nico Minoru. Maybe if Nico joins an X-team for a little more exposure...

Quote Originally Posted by DurararaFTW View Post
    I like her being fully autonomous superhero, worthy of respect. But I dunno about her age. She should be years younger then Kitty and Rogue, who should be years younger then Spider-Man, who ain't allowed to get past 30.
    I would put her at ~20 to keep her as the youngest of the core X-Men, but clearly not to be associated with the younger characters. Then people like Rogue, Gambit, Cannonball and Kitty would be in the 23-26 range while Scott and the like are around 28-31. Though, we shouldn't get too caught up in exact ages in this medium. Comic characters age a different rates so all that really matters is if Jubilee is an adult or not.

Not digging the hair. Jubilee just usually isn't Jubilee to me without the short hair. It's almost as iconic as the shades and jacket. Long-haired Jubilees usually feel like artists pushing their preferences on her in an effort to make her not Jubilee. Particularly Paco Medina's long hair, big boobs and tall "Jubilee" from New Warriors and X-Men Vol. 3. There are a few exceptions (Noto can make anything look good), but this isn't one of them. That hair would look better on Mom Jeans. I'm not digging the baggy diaper shorts either. Yeah, they are true to the 80s, but... well I got nothing.

---------------
    Re: Shipping

I guess this is where I throw away any credibility I might have because I'm right and you are all blind. My OTP is Gambit and Jubilee. Like my favorite potential pairing in all fiction. They are perfect together. I can go into more detail if anybody likes and I have a defense for any argument against the pairing. Though writing this post has made me somewhat interested in the idea of Jubilee x Nico.

Quote Originally Posted by Seth Rollins View Post
    Re: Shipping

I guess this is where I throw away any credibility I might have because I'm right and you are all blind. My OTP is Gambit and Jubilee. Like my favorite potential pairing in all fiction. They are perfect together. I can go into more detail if anybody likes and I have a defense for any argument against the pairing. Though writing this post has made me somewhat interested in the idea of Jubilee x Nico.
    Jubes and Gumbo? A classic combo...Now that takes me back!

I would recommend Two Pair by L.M Griffin and Time Changes and We with Time(?) By Muir. (I have these scuttled away on my hard drive trove of Jubes fics going back to 1995...Hey, don't judge me! )

Also this: Jubilee and Gambit on WolverineandJubilee.com

(Also, there's some talented, recognisable faces from this forum on that list. ;o) )

As for Jubes' look? It's a great real world interpretation of her comic style. And she's had long hair before for brief periods like Jubesbf said. I'm just happy the gloves are no where to be seen...I'll defend Jubes' rather 'unique' fashion sense with my last breath, but those big gloves were a step too far even for me.;-)
    Last edited by Beezzi; 04-30-2015 at 04:59 PM.

You know the score, Beezzi! Two Pair is the story that sold me on them as a couple. I'm also fond of the Forever-verse by Nemain and the story "Jubilation" that's part of the Mutant High movie-verse series.

They are so cute:

As for her hair. I know she's had long hair in the comics, but wouldn'the you say she's more well known as having short hair? Short hair with some crazy spikes? Even that fan edit of Lana Condor that was floating around after the announcement was shopped to have short hair. Agreed about the dish washing gloves though. lol

Oh, and I don't want to sound like I'm criticizing Lana. I don't blame her for keeping her long, beautiful hair. I just would have really appreciated her going the extra mile even if she just wore a wig. And yes I realize the irony of posting a pic of Jubilee with long hair. XD
    Last edited by Seth Rollins; 04-30-2015 at 08:43 PM.

I for one, do not care whether she has long or short hair, her look already has as much fidelity to the comics the movie franchise has ever managed. More important is how her powers are conceived. In X2, they looked more like Surge's then anything else.