Page 69 of 166 FirstFirst ... 195965666768697071727379119 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,035 of 2482
    The Best There Is berserkerclaw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Beezzi View Post
    I have no idea who that is...
    Lol she is a character from the TV show Glee. She was a bi cheerleader
    X-Men Forever

You guys have to give it to me though - if I didn't have knee jerk reactions over Jube's future and Marvel being well Marvel - this thread would a whole lot quieter...;-p
    lol I just don't post much because most of what I want to say is negative and I don't want to be a killjoy. I really wanted to go off on the Runaways because I can't stand seeing Jubilee as a high school student again. It really kills any hopes that she'll finally escape the teen mascot routine after Secret Wars.

Quote Originally Posted by Seth Rollins View Post
    lol I just don't post much because most of what I want to say is negative and I don't want to be a killjoy. I really wanted to go off on the Runaways because I can't stand seeing Jubilee as a high school student again. It really kills any hopes that she'll finally escape the teen mascot routine after Secret Wars.
    That's not fair - if no one else ever rages - I looked like the crazy cat lady yelling at the youngsters from my porch...How do you guys think the Storm thread got to a million pages...

I'm hoping the Runaways give her some 'big' book exposure, but I get what you mean with 'teen' mascot thing. I'm hoping we get the older 616 Jubes after SW. Last thing we need is for her to join the school wallpaper (if there is a school).

Quote Originally Posted by berserkerclaw View Post
    Lol she is a character from the TV show Glee. She was a bi cheerleader
    You kids and your groovey, hip-cats shows.;-)

I'd say Jubes would fit the bi bit, but totally not the cheerleader bit. Jubes eats cheerleaders for breakfast....;p

You kids and your groovey, hip-cats shows.;-)

I'd say Jubes would fit the bi bit, but totally not the cheerleader bit. Jubes eats cheerleaders for breakfast....;p
    If she's a bisexual vampire, that could have multiple meanings.

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelC View Post
    If she's a bisexual vampire, that could have multiple meanings.
    What!? Really....it could? I totally didn't realise....oops...;-)
    Last edited by Beezzi; 06-05-2015 at 04:02 PM.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by HeWhoSlapsAll View Post
    I really don't see how Jubes can be seen as playing for both teams.
    I was only saying that I've seen plenty of people who wanted her with Laura so I put that in there for some...notice I only said that many here seemed to be at least open to the idea of her being bi...but lately she seemed to like that kiss that she got from one of the female students recently so it's up to the next writer to use her I guess, and vampires have a history of going both ways...

Long-time Jubester Fan jubilees_bf's Avatar

To get ready for X-Men: Apocalypse... I did a large edit to Jubilee's page on the X-Men Movie Wiki.
    I updated her power description, detailed further upon her involvement in the past X, X2, and X3 films... updated her relationships/friends, and also added several bits of trivia.

http://xmenmovies.wikia.com/wiki/Jubilee#X-Men

Quote Originally Posted by jubilees_bf View Post
    To get ready for X-Men: Apocalypse... I did a large edit to Jubilee's page on the X-Men Movie Wiki.
    I updated her power description, detailed further upon her involvement in the past X, X2, and X3 films... updated her relationships/friends, and also added several bits of trivia.

Awesome!

Thanks for all the work.

Quote Originally Posted by Seth Rollins View Post
    Gambit/Laura was a mixed bag. Sometimes it was good, other times it didn't feel natural. Gambit was often too one-dimensional and too... motherly. Still, it was a bit step up from what Gambit was like in Legacy at the time. It didn't feel nearly as forced as Liu's terrible Gambit/Cece pairing. That felt like Liu was scraping the bottom of the barrel after the editors vetoed Liu's other choices (Black Widow) for Gambit's romantic interest.

The Jubilee/Laura moment felt forced because Laura could have cut literally any non-sensual place on her body to achieve what she wanted to with Jubilee. I won't complain too much about it though because Liu did give me a couple of subtle Gambit/Jubilee pandering panels as well.
    I know... I know... I love this pair... I love their annoying siblings relationship (even though I always wanted something more)

Secretly in the Shadows Starleafgirl's Avatar

Nope, this is a totally new team made up of the most gifted youngsters from all over Battleworld.

(Jubes sells books and she's pretty well known in the mainstream. They're hoping she'll pull her fan base with her - which she of course will. )
    +

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    And yet there's STILL no sign of her BFF in this damn event. :-P
    She's on the cover of Inferno #4, right between Bishop and Mystique, but that's it so far. The artist probably included her on his own, but we can still hope that she'll appear in the book. ;D

#tinybitofsnark

Quote Originally Posted by jubilees_bf View Post

Great job. Guess you'll enjoy redoing the entire thing when the actual movie comes out, too. ^.^ Can't wait to see Jubilee in it!

==========

Jubilee Runaways info:
    http://marvel.com/cards/121/the_art_...sketchbook/all

Jubilee

“Again, pushing her in a different direction; in the [Marvel Universe], she’s the bubbly spitfire. She still has that, but she’s definitely emo. Jubilee’s a leader [of the Night Witches] so, you know, if you are a leader, you’ve gotta look cool.”
    ==========

Jubilee & Generation X get mentions in this slideshow:
    http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/06/...men-apocalypse

I guess IGN is excited about Jubilee finally coming to the movies in a significant way, too. ^_^
    Prεtty Pεnny
    I have no speech. No name. I live in the action of death. The blood-cry, the penetrating wound. I am destruction.... http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7.../penance-1.jpg
    <----------------------------------->

Keep the snark to a minimum. ~ The CBR Community Behavior Rules

"What? I can't promise that!" ~ Starleafgirl

Original Join Date: 10-31-2007

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    I was only saying that I've seen plenty of people who wanted her with Laura so I put that in there for some...notice I only said that many here seemed to be at least open to the idea of her being bi...but lately she seemed to like that kiss that she got from one of the female students recently so it's up to the next writer to use her I guess, and vampires have a history of going both ways...
    I'm a bi myself, and I don't have issues she being bi... but I don't want her with X, the are more like sisters!!!

And the way she reacted with that kiss was great, many people will react negatively to something like that (no matter the sexual preference of the person), but I loved her reaction. She has show to be open-minded, bi, not sure, but that she accept the people for what they are show how great she is!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Starleafgirl View Post

She's on the cover of Inferno #4, right between Bishop and Mystique, but that's it so far. The artist probably included her on his own, but we can still hope that she'll appear in the book. ;D

#tinybitofsnark
    OK, good point! I never liked that remark M made about Jubes treating her/Penny like a pet. I never saw their earlier friendship like that. They seemed to like hanging out together - like that time by the pool.

Penny gets no respect!

Thanks for this!

So we know we'll be getting a darker version of Jubes.

Quote Originally Posted by datugu View Post
    I'm a bi myself, and I don't have issues she being bi... but I don't want her with X, the are more like sisters!!!

And the way she reacted with that kiss was great, many people will react negatively to something like that (no matter the sexual preference of the person), but I loved her reaction. She has show to be open-minded, bi, not sure, but that she accept the people for what they are show how great she is!!!
    Agreed - great Jubes reaction. Tiny moments like that make me proud to be a Firecracker.
    Last edited by Beezzi; 06-09-2015 at 10:22 AM.

Secretly in the Shadows Starleafgirl's Avatar

OK, good point! I never liked that remark M made about Jubes treating her/Penny like a pet. I never saw their earlier friendship like that. They seemed to like hanging out together - like that time by the pool.

Penny gets no respect!
    Agreed; the writer that made that comment was so dumb. *pause* And I'm ~pretty sure~ it was Larry Hama... boy would I be embarrassed if it was Brian Wood or Jay Faerber! ;P And Chamber gave Penny apple slices first, so... *shakes head* It just really never made much sense to me, other than Monet making stuff up to hurt Jubilee and maybe just being angry about the fact that she wasn't in control of the Penance body when she was trapped in it (or some other fan theory like that).

Fortunately, post-M/post-Twins/etc. Penny a.k.a. the real Penny considered Jubilee a friend & Jubes still felt that way, too, as shown for example when she came to her aid in Generation X Annual 1999.

Thanks for this!

So we know we'll be getting a darker version of Jubes.
    You're welcome and yep!

Agreed - great Jubes reaction. Tiny moments like that make me proud to be a Firecracker.
    Agreed, she handled it very well!
    Prεtty Pεnny
    I have no speech. No name. I live in the action of death. The blood-cry, the penetrating wound. I am destruction.... http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7.../penance-1.jpg
    <----------------------------------->

Keep the snark to a minimum. ~ The CBR Community Behavior Rules

"What? I can't promise that!" ~ Starleafgirl

Original Join Date: 10-31-2007

Agreed; the writer that made that comment was so dumb. *pause* And I'm ~pretty sure~ it was Larry Hama... boy would I be embarrassed if it was Brian Wood or Jay Faerber! ;P And Chamber gave Penny apple slices first, so... *shakes head* It just really never made much sense to me, other than Monet making stuff up to hurt Jubilee and maybe just being angry about the fact that she wasn't in control of the Penance body when she was trapped in it (or some other fan theory like that).
    Well... Prepare to be embarrassed, then, as the Pet quote was from Jay Faerber's debut issue, Gen X 48.