Page 7 of 166 FirstFirst ... 345678910111757107 ... LastLast

So Jubilee, Camarilla or Sabat?

Toreador or Assamite?

Depends on the version. Wood's version is a really crappy Gangrel who never bought anything but Protean and has 2's in all her stats for some reason.

Other versions tend to be fairly high-end, with loads of Potence and Celerity, as well as high willpower and courage.

Wood's Jubilee is Strength 2, Dexterity 2, Stamina 1, Protean 5, so a Gangrel neonate.

Immonen Jubilee is Strength 5, Dexterity 4, Stamina 5, Potence 5, Fortitude 5, Celerity 5, Protean 5, so either a Brujah Elder or a Gangrel Elder.
    Last edited by MichaelC; 06-27-2014 at 11:17 AM.

Secretly in the Shadows Starleafgirl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Likewater View Post
    So Jubilee, Camarilla or Sabat?

Toreador or Assamite?
    I blanked on this for a moment, wondering why you were using a bunch of words I didn't understand, then I remembered: Vampire: The Masquerade!

Lol. Could be fun to throw her into that universe, sure. ;P

She's a heroic vampire, but she's also sort of a rebel... However, she seeks to maintain as much of her humanity as possible, so I'd definitely go with Camarilla for her. I'd say she'd probably really be an Anarch, though.

As for clan...
    http://whitewolf.wikia.com/wiki/Clan_(VTM)

I don't know. Is she particularly artistic as the Toreador are?

I'd say she's Brujah. Quick to anger, passionate, activist, an unruly rebel.

Tremere is among the youngest of the clans and has no true clan weakness, so maybe that could be her, as well.

What do you think?

EDIT: Oh, nice, MichaelC came to the same conclusion, lol. I just saw it now.
    Prεtty Pεnny
    I have no speech. No name. I live in the action of death. The blood-cry, the penetrating wound. I am destruction.... http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7.../penance-1.jpg
    <----------------------------------->

Keep the snark to a minimum. ~ The CBR Community Behavior Rules

"What? I can't promise that!" ~ Starleafgirl

Original Join Date: 10-31-2007

I'd go Brujah for classic Jubes. The girl was a total free spirit and rebel.

And maybe Tremere for Woodsey's slightly less cynical version of Jubes.
    Last edited by Beezzi; 06-27-2014 at 11:19 AM.

Great news for all Firecracker fans.

In the wee hours of this morning, Jubilation Lee survived many intense hours of voting to go on and WIN the Clare-mazon Survivor threat.

She beat all 38 of her fellow ladies, including the likes of - Kitty Pryde, Rogue, Psylocke and Siryn.

Shogo can be very proud of his mom today, who won with all her allocated points still in hand. Jubilee started with 20 and ended on 20, voted down less times than any of the other X-ladies, this proves that the SoCal orphan girl is loved by many.

Congrats Jubilee.
    Last edited by Beezzi; 06-27-2014 at 10:13 PM.

All-New Member

^Nice one. Back in the day, Jubilee won the x-men blue (cyclops' side of schism) survivor too, although that one came down to the wire. This one looks like a comprehensive thrashing, so I congratulate all those involved in bringing it about.

To celebrate, more Vampire Jubilee being awesome. This time: Bruce Lee kicks and sentinel domination.

Bonus points to the sentinel domination, since it came straight after the combined force of Colossus, Storm and Warmachine struggle to beat a single sentinel.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Beezzi View Post
    Great news for all Firecracker fans.

In the wee hours of this morning, Jubilation Lee survived many intense hours of voting to go on and WIN the Clare-mazon Survivor threat.

She beat all 38 of her fellow ladies, including the likes of - Kitty Pryde, Rogue, Psylocke and Siryn.

Shogo can be very proud of his mom today, who won with all her allocated points still in hand. Jubilee started with 20 and ended on 20, voted down less times than any of the other X-ladies, this proves that the SoCal orphan girl is loved by many.

Congrats Jubilee.
    Indeed. I'm so glad that she won!

All-New Member

Phil Noto be perpetrating awesome again...

Quote Originally Posted by Herring View Post

Firstly this is awesome. Love Noto's work, everything he does is so full of life.

And I have a Jubes question for everyone to ponder:

For most of the 80's and middle 90's, Jubilee had blue eyes (some official Marvel bios back then even listed her eye colour as blue), later on though Marvel changed her eye colour to brown. In some of the current XX-Men issues her eyes can change colour between panels...red...brown...blue.

Fan culture side-note: Back in ye olden days there was a massive debate/split in the fan fic community over this point. Many writers/fans felt it was racist to portray an Asian character, who was a role model to young girls, with blue eyes.

So if Jubilee was to somehow kick the vampire habit. Which would you prefer: blue or brown? And do you think there's anything wrong with colorist and artists, still today portraying her with baby blues?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Herring View Post

Ahahaha. This is funny.

Quote Originally Posted by Beezzi View Post
    For most of the 80's and middle 90's, Jubilee had blue eyes (some official Marvel bios back then even listed her eye colour as blue), later on though Marvel changed her eye colour to brown. In some of the current XX-Men issues her eyes can change colour between panels...red...brown...blue.

Fan culture side-note: Back in ye olden days there was a massive debate/split in the fan fic community over this point. Many writers/fans felt it was racist to portray an Asian character, who was a role model to young girls, with blue eyes.

So if Jubilee was to somehow kick the vampire habit. Which would you prefer: blue or brown? And do you think there's anything wrong with colorist and artists, still today portraying her with baby blues?
    I think in a Great X-pectations the columnists mentioned a girl can experiment with colored contacts. But I just has the head cannon that her eyes simply appeared blue as a defense against being blinded by her own powers, like Spock's 3rd set of eyelids.

Does Phil Noto use chalk or watercolors?

Marvel never changed her eye colour to brown, they always were.
    The blue eyes are a colouring error that was common with almost every character in the 80s/90s (Jean and Rogue spring to mind here). And the whole thing about contacts was an artist response to being called out for shoddy colouring in Generation X.

I really hate the blue eyes. It's an inaccurate detail, like making Storm's eyes brown; it just shouldn't happen. To me, it just shows a lazy artist who couldn't be bothered to look up a character's details. It's worse for Jubes because she's appeared so seldomly (compared to other X-Men) that when a number of her appearances feature this error, people seem to think it's accurate. Plus, she always seems to be drawn very Caucasion looking in these depictions.. It's disappointing.

I wish Marvel would hire some better art editors to prevent these type of errors from being published.. sigh

Quote Originally Posted by Jubilee View Post
    Marvel never changed her eye colour to brown, they always were.
    The blue eyes are a colouring error that was common with almost every character in the 80s/90s (Jean and Rogue spring to mind here). And the whole thing about contacts was an artist response to being called out for shoddy colouring in Generation X.

I really hate the blue eyes. It's an inaccurate detail, like making Storm's eyes brown; it just shouldn't happen. To me, it just shows a lazy artist who couldn't be bothered to look up a character's details. It's worse for Jubes because she's appeared so seldomly (compared to other X-Men) that when a number of her appearances feature this error, people seem to think it's accurate. Plus, she always seems to be drawn very Caucasion looking in these depictions.. It's disappointing.

I wish Marvel would hire some better art editors to prevent these type of errors from being published.. sigh

I understand your anger miss lee, but aren't your eyes Ruby? Crimson? Scarlet? now.

Shogo following in his mother's footsteps and watching his "grandfather's" back. 100th Anniversary X-Men Special #1 Variant.

shogo.jpg