Page 78 of 166 FirstFirst ... 286874757677787980818288128 ... LastLast
Results 1,156 to 1,170 of 2482
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by datugu View Post
    in my case I was more surprised when she had her 18th birthday... I was like "they finally let her become an adult!!!"... even though now as a vampire she is indeed the eternal teen...

Not only that... we can see characters that used to have around Jubes age that now are adults and Jubes is still a kid!!!

And yes... many people didn't like she adopted Shogo, many different reasons, but one is that many people still see her as a 13 - 16 years old kid... and that is why almost always people don't like see her with a boyfriend... it will be almost impossible for her have an adult boyfriend because for everybody is like a kid dating a old man... and will creep many...

But that is only a % of the people, many people have their reasons to hate Shogo, hate the idea of a boyfriend or the idea that she is actually an adult...
    Was there a negative reaction? I thought there was mainly a positive reaction. The negative reactions I remember seeing were more along the lines of "how are they going to deal with this kid in the long term?" Well, I thought it was a positive. It seemed in keeping with Jubilee's connection to the theme of family. But I'm actually strangely drawn to the more domestic happenings in comics lately. I'm also intrigued by Jessica Drew's impending parenthood. I may be mellowing in my old age.

And we can see that in SW... the two versions of Jubes are kids...
    I'm not reading Secret Wars. It's just too much. I can't keep up with big, event-driven superhero comics anymore. Too much other stuff is going on.

I think that is now time to develop Jubes as an adult... hard when you talk about the adoptive child of many X-men or the eternal little sister of many other characters...
    I think one issue is that they never really had a proper coming-of-age arc for her. I mean, Banshee called them all "adults" as her and the other Gen Xers all left the Massachusetts Academy, but I don't think we ever got a feel for any of the Gen X characters' maturation.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by AdamFTF View Post
    I think one issue is that they never really had a proper coming-of-age arc for her. I mean, Banshee called them all "adults" as her and the other Gen Xers all left the Massachusetts Academy, but I don't think we ever got a feel for any of the Gen X characters' maturation.
    I don't kow that I agree with this. I felt their initial arc, Pahalnx Covenant was their coming of age arc.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Complexed View Post
    I don't kow that I agree with this. I felt their initial arc, Pahalnx Covenant was their coming of age arc.
    Perhaps. (10 char)

Quote Originally Posted by ChildOfTheAtom View Post
    I loved the fact that Lana Condor was cast as Jubilee. Singer being a huge TAS fan I think cast her in part due to the fact she was adopted by an American family at a young age. Like Jubes in episode one at the foster home. I wonder what video game Jubilation will play at the arcade. Hopefully we get a scene with the "stupid jerk arcade manager"
    Is the first time they have the character correct and she look like Jubes... so I hope her luck and I really want to see the movie!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Complexed View Post
    I kind of love the X-Rejects she has teamed-up with the X-Men'92. I'd totally read a series that featured almost a new set of Morlock mutants who are hiding from the Terrigen Cloud underground. Could possibly be combined with the Utopians Bendis set up.
    I really want to see this team!!!

Was there a negative reaction? I thought there was mainly a positive reaction. The negative reactions I remember seeing were more along the lines of "how are they going to deal with this kid in the long term?" Well, I thought it was a positive. It seemed in keeping with Jubilee's connection to the theme of family. But I'm actually strangely drawn to the more domestic happenings in comics lately. I'm also intrigued by Jessica Drew's impending parenthood. I may be mellowing in my old age.
    The same with me... I love the kid and hope to see him again after SW... and yes... I want to see more parenthood in superheroes, Jessica Drew is a good example of a good direction...

I also like that Shougo is not a mutant or don't have powers (as we can see his future self in Age of the Atom) but he is intelligent and looking his armor maybe Tony Stark student (funny if we see what Jubes used to think about him when she was in New Warriors)

In my case Marvel let us know that she was no more a kid when she had her 18 birthday... some writers had a more mature view of her, but generally, almost anyone write her as a kid...

I think Shougo is a good thing for her... yes, we don't know how can heroes cope with a baby... but I loved how the other mutants were nannies... specially Beast...

And I really wanted to see other heroes as nannies (I know she will ask them to help her)... I also love that she is not trying to do everything alone, she asking help to her "family", she is learning how to take care of him and let the rest of the heroes be part of it... hope they continue with this story line... maybe with heroes that are not mutants!!!
    Last edited by datugu; 09-01-2015 at 05:16 PM.

I have to admit I always wanted Chamber/Jubes relationship

lol.jpg

And I hope this is not a joke:

Pleaaaasssseeeee.JPG

And here I forgot how to breath when I saw this:

Oh My God.jpg

Look like they heard our pleas... hope this mean this will continue and maybe we will have Generation X 92!!!

Ultimate Member

I'm not reading Secret Wars. It's just too much. I can't keep up with big, event-driven superhero comics anymore. Too much other stuff is going on.

Yeah, Kitty started off as the "little sister" character amongst the X-Men (and also the "surrogate daughter of Wolverine as well). However Marvel eventually let her grow up and take on a more leadership-type of role. Jubilee filled a similar function later on, but Marvel didn't seem to have much of a set plan for her afterwards. So when new character came along to fill that particular role, Jubilee got stuck in this weird sort of limbo where Marvel sort of didn't know what to do with her.

Secretly in the Shadows Starleafgirl's Avatar

I have to admit I always wanted Chamber/Jubes relationship

lol.jpg
    I thought that was a cute moment for all the Jono/Jubes shippers out there!

Just wait til she meets Synch though, haha.

Anyway, I hope Generation X does return with X-Men '92 and that Penance is a part of the cast. ...But I'll understand if they want to change up the roster a bit for this version. ^_^;;
    Prεtty Pεnny
    I have no speech. No name. I live in the action of death. The blood-cry, the penetrating wound. I am destruction.... http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7.../penance-1.jpg
    <----------------------------------->

Keep the snark to a minimum. ~ The CBR Community Behavior Rules

"What? I can't promise that!" ~ Starleafgirl

Original Join Date: 10-31-2007

From http://community.comicbookresources....on-X-Men/page4

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post
    NUMBER 2

With a total of 265 points and nine #1 votes, the highest ranking Generation X member.....

Attachment 26597

JUBILEE
    So much love for Jubes XD

This make me happy!!!

Secretly in the Shadows Starleafgirl's Avatar

From http://community.comicbookresources....on-X-Men/page4

So much love for Jubes XD

This make me happy!!!
    Awesome!

The fact that she was the highest ranking Generation X member on this poll follows the same results as other forum-wide polls in the past did, too. ^_^
    Prεtty Pεnny
    I have no speech. No name. I live in the action of death. The blood-cry, the penetrating wound. I am destruction.... http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7.../penance-1.jpg
    <----------------------------------->

Keep the snark to a minimum. ~ The CBR Community Behavior Rules

"What? I can't promise that!" ~ Starleafgirl

Original Join Date: 10-31-2007

Has she appeared in anything lately? I lost track of her several months ago. I think the last time I picked up an issue with her in it was her and Wolverine going camping.

Amazing Member

For the Secret Wars, we've had AU versions of Jubilee in X-men '92 (akin to the X-men Cartoon), and The Runaways.

Post Secret Wars, it seems as if she didn't make the cut despite being in two books. So....I doth do believe Marvel will be out any subscriptions from me as everything else seems meh as far as my interests go.

is jubes bisexual in SW runaways ?

Quote Originally Posted by gambitxremy View Post
    is jubes bisexual in SW runaways ?
    Yep... I hated the comic #4... they rushed things and some stuff was predictable, I don't have issues she being bi (I'm bi myself), what I hated is how they handled the story in comic #4... from #1 to #3 the story was going really well

Sanna and Jubes makes a cute pair though

BANNED

Yeah 4 was just kinda wtf needed another issue to resolve the plot

Yep... I hated the comic #4... they rushed things and some stuff was predictable, I don't have issues she being bi (I'm bi myself), what I hated is how they handled the story in comic #4... from #1 to #3 the story was going really well

Sanna and Jubes makes a cute pair though
    I guess that's what happens when you get a limited number of issues to make a plot with. They built it over three issues then the last was "Oh crap we need to resolve all of this in one issue" Shame really the characters were kind of cool would have liked it to go on longer. And I really like that character design for Jubilee it suits her rebel attitude. I think the whole Sanna thing was obvious from the start it's the old cliche of we pick on the people we are attracted to for their attention.

We'll probably never see these characters and this Jubilee again after everything which is a shame. I was getting used to hot rebel with piercings bisexual who does whatever the hell she wants. Really need to put some sort of Jubes and Sanna commission on my list they sort of have a fun dynamic that lends itself to fan art with Sanna being so strong and butch and jubes is this petite little thing. I could probably work out something amusing.