Page 8 of 166 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121858108 ... LastLast

So is anyone interested in the "other" jubilee, her malevolent personality? The Xarus loyal part.

Quote Originally Posted by Beezzi View Post
    Shogo following in his mother's footsteps and watching his "grandfather's" back. 100th Anniversary X-Men Special #1 Variant.

Attachment 5303
    Cool artwork, Why don't forge ever make power armor for himself?

Quote Originally Posted by Likewater View Post
    Cool artwork, Why don't forge ever make power armor for himself?
    Because you never get high on your own armor supply?

Seriously it's a good question...you'd think that's the first thing Forge would do.

Btw I hope this image means Shogo is staying around after Woodsey leaves. Fingers crossed.

Whats Jubilee's best look?

Jubilee.jpg

Short hair?

1392046-jubilee_01_large.jpg

Jubilee Medium hair

JUBILEE_wondra_costume_2_050811.jpg

or jubilee long hair?

BANNED

Jubilee.jpg

Short hair?

Jubilee Medium hair

or jubilee long hair?
    I think she looks best with the short hair. Especially the sorta punk/rocker 'do in that first pic,

Jubilee.jpg

Short hair?

Jubilee Medium hair

or jubilee long hair?
    Totally the short hair. It makes her stand out among the long, flowing lock set. And I agree with, Ambaryerno, it has to be the punk/rocker style.

Ultimate Member

Jubilee.jpg

Short hair?

Jubilee Medium hair

or jubilee long hair?
    My favorite is her short-haired look at the top. It just looks really good on her.

Always short hair for Jubes!

I have a question. I know Jubes and Illyana had somewhat of a friendship when Magik contracted the Legacy Virus. Did they really have much to do with each other after that?

Quote Originally Posted by blinkingblah View Post
    Always short hair for Jubes!

I have a question. I know Jubes and Illyana had somewhat of a friendship when Magik contracted the Legacy Virus. Did they really have much to do with each other after that?
    After Yana' passed away I don't think so...which is sad since Uncanny X-Men #303 is one of the most poignant comics ever written about death in the Marvel Universe. I would've liked to have seen them at least interact in BOTA, since they were in the same room. Maybe a 'Hey, do you remember that time we bonded over fairy tales and Bamf?'

Yana, it looks like is only allowed to have one good friend and that's Kitty.

After Yana' passed away I don't think so...which is sad since Uncanny X-Men #303 is one of the most poignant comics ever written about death in the Marvel Universe. I would've liked to have seen them at least interact in BOTA, since they were in the same room. Maybe a 'Hey, do you remember that time we bonded over fairy tales and Bamf?'

Yana, it looks like is only allowed to have one good friend and that's Kitty.
    Probably one of the most profound death's ever. That is an issue that actually made me want to cry. I love when Jubilee does the narrative of any comic for some reason.
    Now that I am thinking about it. How cool would a Jubilee solo be? Writers seem to always generally do a good job with her. Why the heck not?!?!

Well she had this:128663-18650-110036-1-jubilee.jpg

But they could do better. It wasn't terrible, had some high points.

A new solo now would be great, there's so much going on in her life - a writer would have loads to work with......We can only dream...

Never read that. I remember the pic though. What happened in her solo?

Quote Originally Posted by blinkingblah View Post
    Never read that. I remember the pic though. What happened in her solo?
    Spoilers:

Off the top of my head:

Jubilee goes back to SoCal to live with her long lost Aunt Hope.
    She does all the normal teen tropes: Making friends with the geek girl no one likes, riding her new scooter, crushing on the popular guy in school, rubbing her principal the wrong way, and becoming a student councilor.
    She meets this wannabe gangster mutant teen (with a heart of cold) named Shane Shooter, and they fight the mob(?) and go to a dance together.
    Jubilee doesn't know it, but Aunt Hope and her butler Brad/Bret are assassins/ninjas who both worked for the hand/criminal organisation at one time. When Hope found out about Jubes she wanted to get out of the business, but the Hand wouldn't let her.
    On the night of the dance, Shane nearly kisses Jubes, but the mood is ruined when Wolvie shows up to check on Jubes. It's lucky he does though, because Aunt Hope, the butler and whole bunch of pushy ninja burst in and a fight ensues. Hope sacrifices herself for everyone, the house blows up, and Jubes returns with Wolveroonie to X-Men. (And Shooter must be disappointed that he couldn't get his groove on.)
    Oh and Aunt Hope was really a Cyborg/robot

(This is the massively edited version)

The series was obviously aimed at young teen girls and it did have some great moments, but the whole trope-ridden, teen, stereotype vibe it had killed it.
    Last edited by Beezzi; 07-05-2014 at 09:33 PM.

Spoilers:

Off the top of my head:

Jubilee goes back to SoCal to live with her long lost Aunt Hope.
    She does all the normal teen tropes: Making friends with the geek girl no one likes, riding her new scooter, crushing on the popular guy in school, rubbing her principal the wrong way, and becoming a student councilor.
    She meets this wannabe gangster mutant teen (with a heart of cold) named Shane Shooter, and they fight the mob(?) and go to a dance together.
    Jubilee doesn't know it, but Aunt Hope and her butler Brad/Bret are assassins/ninjas who both worked for the hand/criminal organisation at one time. When Hope found out about Jubes she wanted to get out of the business, but the Hand wouldn't let her.
    On the night of the dance, Shane nearly kisses Jubes, but the mood is ruined when Wolvie shows up to check on Jubes. It's lucky he does though, because Aunt Hope, the butler and whole bunch of pushy ninja burst in and a fight ensues. Hope sacrifices herself for everyone, the house blows up, and Jubes returns with Wolveroonie to X-Men.
    Oh and Aunt Hope was really a Cyborg/robot

(This is the massively editted version)

The series was obviously aimed at young teen girls and it did have some great moments, but the whole trope-ridden, teen, stereotype vibe it had killed it.
    Blech!! That sounds horrid. A solo of her now would be amazing! I don't know why they try to focus so much on the misfit teen thing with her! I mean yeah it's a part of her personality but the key word there is a PART.

Blech!! That sounds horrid
    Doesn't sound any worse than Jubilee being a depowered mutant turned vampire with an adopted child.

Of course either is better than when she reinvented herself as Wondra.