Page 89 of 166 FirstFirst ... 397985868788899091929399139 ... LastLast
Results 1,321 to 1,335 of 2482
  1. #1321
    Amazing Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    59

    Default

    To those who have seen it, is it worth watching at all, then?

    Because hearing everything I was hyped for being cut has me wondering whether I should bother at all now

  2. #1322
    Boba milk tea enthusiast Zainu's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Envirodome 14-B
    Posts
    155

    Default

    I came into the thread wondering the same thing. Lana said her Jubilee was used as comedic relief in the film, and honestly, the reviews aren't looking so good. If its just a short cameo, and a lot of Jennifer Lawrence monologues, then I can skip it. So fellow firecrackers, yay or nay?

    X: Ah, okay. Reading back several pages, I see that she doesn't appear much after all Well, saves me a movie ticket.
    Last edited by Zainu; 05-21-2016 at 12:12 PM.

  3. #1323
    Mugga, please. xhx23x's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    3,514

    Default

    While I do think it's worth checking out if you're an X-Fan, if your interest was primarily Jubilee and not much else, it's better to wait.

    I do wonder if we'll get a reason for the cut. They're was apparently a version of the movie with the scenes intact, Singer kept talking about the mall scene, both Lana and James confirmed she would use her powers and she's being used in the promotional stuff if the latest commercial is to go by. The only reason I can think of is time, but I'm sure even a condensed version of it could have fit somewhere.

    Hopefully a Jubilee cut will come out eventually.

  4. #1324
    Where is my Surge?! Moondoggie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,052

    Default

    If you are watching for Jubilee just save your money and hope they restore the scenes in the home release. I don't want most of her scenes to end up as deleted scenes again. I think as long as Jennifer Lawrence is under contract and I'm sure they will sign her up for more there won't be any room for any female characters to have more significant parts. Jean got more but even some of her scenes were probably cut along with Jubilee to make room for more boring speeches.
    In protest against Marvel's constant ignoring of Surge.

  5. #1325
    Amazing Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    59

    Default

    Thanks for that.

    I'm fine with an X-men fic sans Jubilee (even knowing that all her scenes ended up getting shat on in classic studio favor of more screen time for the big name lead), I just don't want to waste my money on the new equiv another X-men 3 - the Last Stand, and thus in anyway support such a garbage movie.

    This of course all after the success of Deadpool, so the Execs at Fox think simply adding blood, guts, swearing, and boobs for an R rating = instant success

    But if it's still a good superhero movie at the end of the movie, then I might have to see it on the big screen (as to let me start writing 80s Era fanfiction, and ship me some Kurt and Jubilee).

  6. #1326
    Astonishing Member DurararaFTW's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    4,334

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Verthril View Post
    Thanks for that.

    I'm fine with an X-men fic sans Jubilee (even knowing that all her scenes ended up getting shat on in classic studio favor of more screen time for the big name lead), I just don't want to waste my money on the new equiv another X-men 3 - the Last Stand, and thus in anyway support such a garbage movie.

    This of course all after the success of Deadpool, so the Execs at Fox think simply adding blood, guts, swearing, and boobs for an R rating = instant success

    But if it's still a good superhero movie at the end of the movie, then I might have to see it on the big screen (as to let me start writing 80s Era fanfiction, and ship me some Kurt and Jubilee).
    I dunno about good but this is still more fun then Last Stand, and still has some Jubilee in it.

  7. #1327
    Amazing Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    59

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DurararaFTW View Post
    I dunno about good but this is still more fun then Last Stand, and still has some Jubilee in it.
    So, go in with low expectations and something to spike one's drink with is what you're saying?

    Cripes, I'm back on the fence over whether I'm gonna waste my money watching this just so I can get me some Fanfic on, or if I'll wait until Netflix gets it like 2 weeks after it's avail for a digital rental.

    ......and Marvel has X-men '92 on a monthly schedule now, too! For flub sake, us Jubilee fans just can't win!

    Oh, and as far as other obvious statements go, the sky is blue, and grass is green.

  8. #1328
    Amazing Member Avantre's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    60

    Default

    Well, just saw it and she got to say a couple of lines and she was in the foreground of a few shots so it's easily her biggest win in an X-Men movie. I'm guessing they removed most of the mall scene (they kept a scene of them walking out of a cinema) because it probably slowed the movie down or something. It was an okay movie - not as good as the two before it, but not actually bad like Last Stand was. If you're just there for Jubilee, wait to see if there's a Director's cut. If you're there for the wider X-Men, may as well go and see it.

  9. #1329
    Astonishing Member DurararaFTW's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    4,334

    Default

    You know, I was really hoping this was gonna spurn on writers to make Jubilee a mutant again to better line up with the movies, just like Marvel does with everything else. No reason for it now.

  10. #1330
    Post Editing OCD Confuzzled's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Swingin' Above Ya
    Posts
    9,858

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DurararaFTW View Post
    You know, I was really hoping this was gonna spurn on writers to make Jubilee a mutant again to better line up with the movies, just like Marvel does with everything else. No reason for it now.
    There's always the sequel. She's at least established as a secondary character now, so there are chances she may get a chance to finally shine in the future. In the original trilogy, she was just wallpaper.
    Last edited by Confuzzled; 05-22-2016 at 11:42 AM.

  11. #1331
    Astonishing Member DurararaFTW's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    4,334

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    There's always the sequel. She's at least established as a secondary character now, so there are chances she may get a chance to finally shine in the future. In the original trilogy, she was just wallpaper.
    Aren't they going to the 90s next to (I have to assume because there's absolutely no other reason to do it) introduce young Rogue, iceman, Colossus and whatnot? And doesn't Kinberg want to shoot them into space next? She might appear in the movie but I'm not at all confident Jubilee will get a ticket on the spaceship.

  12. #1332
    Long-time Jubester Fan jubilees_bf's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Detroit Area
    Posts
    443

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DurararaFTW View Post
    Aren't they going to the 90s next to (I have to assume because there's absolutely no other reason to do it) introduce young Rogue, iceman, Colossus and whatnot? And doesn't Kinberg want to shoot them into space next? She might appear in the movie but I'm not at all confident Jubilee will get a ticket on the spaceship.
    I just managed to see X-Men: Apocalypse.
    Jubilee, although some of her big scenes were cut (arcade, powers, escaping from mall security, befriending Kurt, and hanging with Jean...) she still has more screentime than X1-X3 combined... And speaks about the same or a tiny bit more dialogue than her deleted scenes from X1 and dialogue from X2 in this one movie. She has several close up shots as well. She isn't a major character, but it's obvious her parts were cut as well as the mall stuff, and also shows at least she is close friends with Nightcrawler.

    Here is a spoiler run-down of Jubilee's scenes that weren't cut-
    spoilers:
    When Cyclops and Havok arrive at the mansion, Jubilee is shown with a few close ups in Xavier's classroom.
    Nightcrawler and Jubilee walk in the mansion halls, with close ups on each as he says he is new to America. They enter a room and Jubilee introduces Nightcrawler to Scott. She is shown smiling a bit.
    The four teens exit the theater in the mall. Jubilee and Scott are the focus as she has two sentences explaining why she feels Empire is the best Star Wars film.
    The four teens return to the mansion in a car, and Jubilee can be seen several times as they drive up to the destroyed mansion.
    Jubilee heads over to the group of students and teachers... But gets knocked out with everyone else when Stryker attacks. She is shown up close standing up and then looking at the helicopter flying by.
    At the end of the movie, Jubilee and Nightcrawler are standing together, with them in the center of the frame, as they watch the mansion being rebuilt.
    end of spoilers

  13. #1333
    Fantastic Member datugu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    452

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jubilees_bf View Post
    I just managed to see X-Men: Apocalypse.
    Jubilee, although some of her big scenes were cut (arcade, powers, escaping from mall security, befriending Kurt, and hanging with Jean...) she still has more screentime than X1-X3 combined... And speaks about the same or a tiny bit more dialogue than her deleted scenes from X1 and dialogue from X2 in this one movie. She has several close up shots as well. She isn't a major character, but it's obvious her parts were cut as well as the mall stuff, and also shows at least she is close friends with Nightcrawler.

    Here is a spoiler run-down of Jubilee's scenes that weren't cut-
    spoilers:
    When Cyclops and Havok arrive at the mansion, Jubilee is shown with a few close ups in Xavier's classroom.
    Nightcrawler and Jubilee walk in the mansion halls, with close ups on each as he says he is new to America. They enter a room and Jubilee introduces Nightcrawler to Scott. She is shown smiling a bit.
    The four teens exit the theater in the mall. Jubilee and Scott are the focus as she has two sentences explaining why she feels Empire is the best Star Wars film.
    The four teens return to the mansion in a car, and Jubilee can be seen several times as they drive up to the destroyed mansion.
    Jubilee heads over to the group of students and teachers... But gets knocked out with everyone else when Stryker attacks. She is shown up close standing up and then looking at the helicopter flying by.
    At the end of the movie, Jubilee and Nightcrawler are standing together, with them in the center of the frame, as they watch the mansion being rebuilt.
    end of spoilers

    Thanks!!! I will wait to the DvD or Blue-Ray as I always do with with all the X-Men movies!!!

  14. #1334
    Post Editing OCD Confuzzled's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Swingin' Above Ya
    Posts
    9,858

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by datugu View Post
    Thanks!!! I will wait to the DvD or Blue-Ray as I always do with with all the X-Men movies!!!
    You were interested in just Jubilee? Btw my two fave Jubilation moments from the film: spoilers:
    In the first scene where she is shown in Xavier's class, he asks the class a question and Jubes is the first to raise her hand, Hermione Granger style. I found that amusing. Then there's a cool slow mo shot of her flipping her hair and sitting in the back seat of the car with Jean when the kids return from the mall, as the Quicksilver sequence begins and "Sweet Dreams" by Eurythmics starts to play.
    end of spoilers

  15. #1335
    Jubilant Member Dementia5's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Canadia
    Posts
    3,179

    Default

    I desperately hope the powers that be undo this grievous wrong by offering a director's "Jube Cut" on the DVD release. Preferably something where she actually gets to finally show off her powers. Maybe she can fry Bryan Singer's eyeballs or something.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Yer bonkers and you need a sandwich.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •