Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Looked really over stuffed. Lots of spectacle, but I just wasn't wowed by any of it because there was so much of it... if that makes sense.

the female looks odd but very attractive to me.

I'm interested.
    TRUTH, JUSTICE, HOPE
    That is, the heritage of the Kryptonian Warrior: Kal-El, son of Jor-El
    You like Gameboy and NDS? - My channel
    Looks like I'll have to move past gameplay footage

I can't wait.
    "Hey, maybe I'll get lucky. Maybe one o' those terrorists'll blow Bats away.
    Nah, never happen.
    Ah, well.. I can dream, can't I...?"- Guy Gardner.

"Corruptus In Extremis"

"I have always imagined that Paradise will be a kind of library." Jorge Luis Borges

Love Valerian. Besson is a fan and channeled much f that into The Fifth Element (and Moebius) and I loved that film. Of course, Jean-Claude Mezieres 9along with Moebius) was a conceptual designer of Fifth Element. The visuals have the feel of the Mezieres' art; I hope he captures Pierre Christin's writing.

Funny how this evolved. besson read Valerian in his youth, hires Mezieres to do conceptual work on a project, based on teenage stories, inspired by Valerian, Moebius and others. Besson then goes off to do Leon, leaving Mezieres to go back and do a new Valerian album, which includes a floating taxi and some other elements, which then turn up in the revised Fifth Element script (including changing the hero from a worker in a robot factory to a cab driver). Then, Besson adapts Valerian into film.

I hope it's a success and inspires people to pick up the Cinebook collections, and we continue to get the rest of the series, in English. Love to see Besson adapt Heroes of the Equinox, one of my favorite albums.

Extraordinary Member t hedge coke's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Joker View Post
    Looked really over stuffed. Lots of spectacle, but I just wasn't wowed by any of it because there was so much of it... if that makes sense.
    That would be Valerian, though, wouldn't it? Stuffed to the gills and, hey, that dude's got gills! plus a kitchen sink or two.
    Patsy Walker on TV! Patsy Walker in new comics! Patsy Walker in your brain! And Jessica Jones is the new Nancy! (Oh, and read the Comics Cube.)