Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default Dick Grayson Assumes a New Role in "Robin War" #2

The war between the Robins and the Talons came to a head in the finale for this Robin-themed event, which forced Grayson to make a difficult decision.

Full article here.

BANNED

Ugh! Just bring back Nightwing.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cyberpunk Ronin View Post
    Nah, this is better. Although I'm a little surprised to see you so in favour of DC abandoning the new direction.

A company should never stop trying to make something work. No one likes a quitter.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Claude View Post
    Nah, this is better. Although I'm a little surprised to see you so in favour of DC abandoning the new direction.

Wow, that's cute. You pull up a post from ages ago. Someone must have lots of time on their hands.

Incredible Member

It'll be interesting, happy that it won't be bleeding through into Grayson though.
    Last edited by HellHere; 01-13-2016 at 06:53 PM.

Astonishing Member

Wow, that's cute. You pull up a post from ages ago. Someone must have lots of time on their hands.
    Ah! One of those responses that has a few words in, and attempts at an insult, but not an actual reply. Someone must not have a lot of time at all on their hands if they can only dart off one of those!

I wonder when the main "Grayson" title will catch up with this - right now it seems a bit of a curveball, given what's going on in it now.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by HellHere View Post
    It'll be interesting, happy it's not bleeing through into Grayson though.
    I think it's awesome and Tom King just did an interview with Newsarama saying eventually it will bleed into Grayson and the ramifications are so huge it's got him, Scott Snyder, and Geoff Johns planning together for what's coming next.

Incredible Member

Yeah, I was just going from Seeley's twitter feed. I don't find the CoO massively compelling so...

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Claude View Post
    Ah! One of those responses that has a few words in, and attempts at an insult, but not an actual reply. Someone must not have a lot of time at all on their hands if they can only dart off one of those!

I wonder when the main "Grayson" title will catch up with this - right now it seems a bit of a curveball, given what's going on in it now.

But you were the one that responding to me in a disrespectful and snarky way. Somehow, I'm wrong? Okay. love how my block list is going to get bigger. Thank you.

I won't apologize for wanting Dick back as Nightwing. It's what I grew up on, that's what I want to read about. I'm glad people like Grayson, good for them. But I don't have to.
    Last edited by Starchild; 01-13-2016 at 07:06 PM.

Cool it, guys.

I grew up with Dick being Robin with Batman and Teen Titans and than with just the Titans and than Nightwing with the Titans and than
    Nightwing alone and than Agent 37 ......... but through it all he was always Dick Grayson.

I enjoyed Richards changes and growth over the decades, Keeps him fresh.
    Last edited by My Two Cents; 01-13-2016 at 07:15 PM.

Astonishing Member

But you were the one that responding to me in a disrespectful and snarky way. Somehow, I'm wrong? Okay. love how my block list is going to get bigger. Thank you.
    I just thought it was - genuinely - pretty funny that it was the direct opposite of what you'd said in reply to me a few weeks ago. Complete with comment about fans on forums wanting their say-so on company decisions. But please yourself.

ETA: Just saw Joybeans' post. Apologies.

Tom King talks a bit more about these Owl developments here:
    http://www.newsarama.com/27525-robin...-spoilers.html

I freakin' hear that.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hulk Jones View Post
    I freakin' hear that.
    He is still Nightwing but if you mean those old generic stories I pray not. This is the best Dick Grayson has had it since his run as Batman but with that he was just serving as a replacement. Nightwing/Dick Grayson fans have never had it this good. As far as the them making the Nightwing name connect more with the Owl it honestly makes sense.

They have referenced Nightwing multiple times in Grayson and Robin War essentially set the groundwork for a return to that mantle. The Nightwing who resides in Bludhaven or as a solo hero in another city because Batman will always be top dog in Gotham has very little story potential and really had gone from a mantle he took himself in honor of everyone who had influenced him to being retconned as he was fired and constantly trying to escape Batman shadow. The Bludhaven Nightwing is also where his connection to the Titans started to get ignored or even at sometimes looked down upon and I honestly believe the reason the Titans franchise has been dying and Nightwing was easy to be changed to Grayson is because of that. Grayson is perfect balance because he can move in and out of Gotham freely and has a world that can constantly be built upon and not come into conflict with Batman. All hints point towards a Nightwing: Rebirth but in a position where he is not trying to compare to Batman but extend the mission.
    Last edited by DGraysonWorldsGreatestSpy; 01-14-2016 at 10:37 AM.