Quote Originally Posted by OWL45 View Post
I agree with you 100%. The character, stories, and world building for him have come a long way. How quickly people forget it wasn't that long ago people were buying Nightwing out of habit complaining they weren't doing anything with the character at all, depicted him as being incompetent, and always having Batman come in at the end to save the day in which the finale of his Batman run Bruce came back and beat Hurt which undermined his run as Batman IMO. I'm glad Grayson, Robin Wars, and Batman and Robin Eternal depict him making difficult decisions and problem solving as Dick Grayson not defined by what Bruce would do or be mad at. I think the character has been pinned in to a degree because of how Batman trained him but Dick has different experiences and training for example his time with Spyral for example and that should be allowed to effect the character and how he handles things.
Good summation. Dick Grayson needs to be re-established as the center of the DC Universe, no matter what he's wearing (or not wearing). He should be able to do anything from Black-Ops to LEADING the Justice League, as much at home on Paradise Island with Wonder Woman as he is in the Batcave. The ONLY character in the DC Universe that all the other characters LIKE and will interact with.