Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Capullo Designing New Bat-Suit -- Hopes? Fears?

So, apparently Capullo has submitted a new Bat-suit design to DC, and it's been accepted.

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2016/01/...-by-dc-comics/
    http://www.bleedingcool.com/2016/01/...ok-for-batman/

I personally have been missing the yellow-oval and the blue cape/cowl, gloves & boots, but I have no idea which direction this new suit will be going.

What do you expect the new suit to look like? Minor changes or a drastic re-invention?

BANNED

I'm more interested in what it can do and what it'll represent. I hope it's not a new suit for the sake of a new suit and that's pretty much what I feel about the New-52 suit. It should stick to the accepted pattern visually but it should feel like an actual upgrade too. Nothing drastic or Iron Man lite,he doesn't even need new weapons,just little more stuff like gliding cape for instance.

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

I'm happy with the suit as it is. The only thing that would improve it for me would be the Batman Begins logo (but that's egoistic and childish). I trust in Capullo's creative decisions and it could be nice to see the return of older elements (more batlike ears, purple gloves or blue/gray colors)

I was always a fan of the simplistic Batman Inc design, so I wouldn't mind if it were something similar

batman_inc_02.jpg
    Batgirl - ...BOP - Batman - 'Tec - Nightwing - Supergirl - Titans - Wonder Woman

BANNED

I was just thinking how good the suit in Batman Eternal looked: simple and functional, with gauntlets and knee pads.

I thought the suit he had for Gordon while out of the mech armor, the simple and sleek black and yellow, looks awesome too. I have full faith in whatever Capullo comes up with at this point.

Astonishing Member

I'm curious. I like Greg's design sense. He seems to know when to do something slightly wild (Superheavy, Zero Year) and when to do something more traditional. I'm not sure what to expect, but do expect that I'll like it. I bet he does away with some of the piping and heavier gauntlet elements, though. He's been streamlining Bruce's look since the New 52 dropped, shifting a seam here, a mesh bit there, taking the best of Jim Lee's redesign and cleaning up the rest. I suspect something rather akin, albeit better, to Romita's Superman streamlining. But I also think there will be one rather dramatically different piece of the overall design that gets us talking, whether it be more straps, or knee high boots and elbow gloves, or something weird, something we really don't think we want but that somehow he actually kind of pulls off. A lot of times I think Cap's gonna go a little too 90s on us and then I see his take and it's fairly balanced and more well-thought than I expect.

I am pretty sure it'll leak way in advance of the issue dropping, naturally!
    Last edited by K. Jones; 01-14-2016 at 12:27 PM.
    Retro315 no more. Anonymity is so 2005.
    retrowarbird.blogspot.com

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by ABH-1979 View Post
    So, apparently Capullo has submitted a new Bat-suit design to DC, and it's been accepted.

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2016/01/...-by-dc-comics/
    http://www.bleedingcool.com/2016/01/...ok-for-batman/

I personally have been missing the yellow-oval and the blue cape/cowl, gloves & boots, but I have no idea which direction this new suit will be going.

What do you expect the new suit to look like? Minor changes or a drastic re-invention?
    if scott had anything to do with it drastic reinvention we'll be doing good if batman doesn't end up wearing pink like rainbow batman in the 1950s

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Whatever it is, I hope it's not colorful. Batman plays better when his suit is dark. He fights at night and needs to blend in.
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

BANNED

Capullo's a top-notch artist, I think it'll look great.

Mind you, it's usually really hard to **** up designing a Batman costume.

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Hopes: Little/no armor. Trunks back (yes, I said it, my hope can be unrealistic). Maybe Inc-like suit, but tweaked so no cup. Blue I might like to return. Continue with little/no bulky belt.

Fears: More/too much armor (biggest fear). Too radical all around. DC rigidly enforces this new look and nitpicks about sticking to it.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Quote Originally Posted by BatGlamorous View Post
    I was always a fan of the simplistic Batman Inc design, so I wouldn't mind if it were something similar

batman_inc_02.jpg
    Yeah, I'm also a fan of that suit. If Cap takes any cues from that, I'd be pretty happy.

Quote Originally Posted by K. Jones View Post
    I'm curious. I like Greg's design sense. He seems to know when to do something slightly wild (Superheavy, Zero Year) and when to do something more traditional. I'm not sure what to expect, but do expect that I'll like it. I bet he does away with some of the piping and heavier gauntlet elements, though. He's been streamlining Bruce's look since the New 52 dropped, shifting a seam here, a mesh bit there, taking the best of Jim Lee's redesign and cleaning up the rest. I suspect something rather akin, albeit better, to Romita's Superman streamlining. But I also think there will be one rather dramatically different piece of the overall design that gets us talking, whether it be more straps, or knee high boots and elbow gloves, or something weird, something we really don't think we want but that somehow he actually kind of pulls off. A lot of times I think Cap's gonna go a little too 90s on us and then I see his take and it's fairly balanced and more well-thought than I expect.

I am pretty sure it'll leak way in advance of the issue dropping, naturally!
    I'd be cool with knee-high boots, especially since I hate those little grey knee-pads with the bat-ears he currently has. It just looks so out of place -- making them black and part of the boot would have been better, but I'd rather just see them removed.

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    Hopes: Little/no armor. Trunks back (yes, I said it, my hope can be unrealistic). Maybe Inc-like suit, but tweaked so no cup. Blue I might like to return. Continue with little/no bulky belt.

Fears: More/too much armor (biggest fear). Too radical all around. DC rigidly enforces this new look and nitpicks about sticking to it.
    I'd actually prefer the belt to get a bit bulkier again, compared to what we have now. It's just so dinky.

Fantastic Member

worst fear bat nipples

Quote Originally Posted by hero talk View Post
    worst fear bat nipples
    We have a winner.

"In this design, I really wanted to hearken back to the golden age of Batmen, when he was truly on top of the world. I'm speaking, of course, of the universally beloved epic Batman and Robin by Joel Schumaker. We even put a specific pocket in the suit for the Bat-creditcard."
    Last edited by dropkickjake; 01-14-2016 at 05:54 PM.

I like the current suit.

Fear? Busy clunky mess like his Arkham Knight costume.

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

There's really good stuff in the Arkham games but Batman himself unfortunately looks horrible: Too many muscles and armor and weird eyes.