Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

The streamlined version of the new 52 suit Capullo draws works great for me and is prolly my favorite batsuit. It's also more or less how he looks in Dawn of Justice and in the new animated movies. So not really sure how I feel about this. I just hope he doesn't go AK or Injustice route, because those might work for the games they are in but they are way too busy. So I hope it's streamlined and not too off model.
    That being said in Capullo I trust, and I hope we get a figure of this new suit in DCC's designer series somewhere down the line .

Incredible Member

I don't mind as long as its not a robot, or like...Azbat's '90s armour. I'm not a fan of robots.

BANNED

Something between these two looks would be cool with me. But I'd also be cool with seeing some blue come back into the suit.

CBR got me like.. Maxpower00044's Avatar

Capullo makes Lee's design actually look good, so, I have no doubt he's gonna kill it. I also don't think it's going to have any drastic changes. Probably (hopefully), just a lot less lines. Get rid of those three dumb lines by the bat symbol, please. I hope this redesign is company wide.

Fantastic Member

I have high expectations from Capullo. He's such a monster (in the best possible way! ). I expect the new suit to be close to the classic, grey suit with black cowl and cape. I believe he will go with the black bat symbol, not the yellow oval. I believe there will be a few details over the suit, but I hope it will not by as busy as the new52 suit by Lee.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxpower00044 View Post
    Capullo makes Lee's design actually look good, so, I have no doubt he's gonna kill it. I also don't think it's going to have any drastic changes. Probably (hopefully), just a lot less lines. Get rid of those three dumb lines by the bat symbol, please. I hope this redesign is company wide.
    Something I hadn't thought about until now -- whatever the new design is, I hope it looks decent when other artists (besides Capullo) are drawing it.

As we've seen with many of the New52 designs -- some artists make the costumes look good... while others simply don't.

pygophile and podophile Dr. Cheesesteak's Avatar

I remember he posted this before the New 52 was announced and ppl were complaining about the Bat Belt. And Capullo said something along the lines of "I'll get it right when I get paid!" Little did we know what he was suggesting at the time... I have faith in him.

Comics were definitely happier, breezier and more confident in their own strengths before Hollywood and the Internet turned the business of writing superhero stories into the production of low budget storyboards or, worse, into conformist, fruitless attempts to impress or entertain a small group of people who appear to hate comics and their creators. -- Grant Morrison, 2008

trade-waiting - Ice Cream Man, Monstress

backlog - Blade of the Immortal, Mignolaverse, Promethea, X-Cutioner's Song

Does this mean he'll stop making Bruce perpetually look like he's stoned?

Quote Originally Posted by rpi View Post
    Does this mean he'll stop making Bruce perpetually look like he's stoned?
    Awwwwwww....

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Cheesesteak View Post
    I remember he posted this before the New 52 was announced and ppl were complaining about the Bat Belt. And Capullo said something along the lines of "I'll get it right when I get paid!" Little did we know what he was suggesting at the time... I have faith in him.

Isn't that supposed to be Dick Grayson as Batman? In which case the belt is accurate.

I wonder when are we gonna see the new suit? Issue 50? Or he gets back in his old suit, only to change to the new one, like he did last time. Then we'll prolly see it in issue 51, which is, if I understood correctly, final Capullo issue before the break.

Mutant Bat on Speed Force Fuzzy Barbarian's Avatar

Hey, as long as it's not heavy armour. I love the Arkham games, but AK's looked like they designdd it to show off the engine and have as much moving parts as possible. It grows on you, and has plot relevance, but it and the Injustice suit ONLY work in games, since having 3D models does make the business more acceptable.

I'm expecting some kind of BvS tie-in. Maybe the TDKR symbol? Or the duck tape? With how sleek the thing is, it might come back more gruff looking, which would suit the TDKR symbol.

Ooh, ooh, as a random idea, what if the cape is split or something, so when Bruce glides, it's like Terry or Batwing's wings? But that seemz like a Cass thing...

Whatever it is, hopefully it's versatile enough that it can be in series with different tones.
    Favourite characters: Wally West, Dick Grayson, Cassandra Cain, Cyclops, Jay Garrick, Jamie Madrox, Stargirl, Bucky Barnes, Magik, Jon Kent, Kate Bishop, Booster Gold

Regular pulls:
    Adventureman, Cable, Fire Power, Green Lantern, Hellions, New Mutants, Thor, Vampire: The Masquerade, Venom, X-Factor, X-Men

Trade-waiting: Animosity, Black Panther, Captain America, Catwoman, Conan, Daredevil, DCeased, Detective Comics, Hawkman, Immortal Hulk, Redneck, Saga, Skyward, Snotgirl, X-Force

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

I kind of like this look:

Perhaps slightly less of the gold but I like incorporating that into the mix.
    Last edited by thwhtGuardian; 01-17-2016 at 07:12 PM.

I've given up hope for the yellow oval to come back for any extended period, but, yeah. Yellow oval please.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

where they filmed that one movie and half of that other one

I'd like to see Batman go plaid!

pygophile and podophile Dr. Cheesesteak's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bat1987 View Post
    Isn't that supposed to be Dick Grayson as Batman? In which case the belt is accurate.

I wonder when are we gonna see the new suit? Issue 50? Or he gets back in his old suit, only to change to the new one, like he did last time. Then we'll prolly see it in issue 51, which is, if I understood correctly, final Capullo issue before the break.
    I believe the assumption was that it's Bruce since 1. it's post Dickbats and 2. he's yolked as F
    Comics were definitely happier, breezier and more confident in their own strengths before Hollywood and the Internet turned the business of writing superhero stories into the production of low budget storyboards or, worse, into conformist, fruitless attempts to impress or entertain a small group of people who appear to hate comics and their creators. -- Grant Morrison, 2008

trade-waiting - Ice Cream Man, Monstress

backlog - Blade of the Immortal, Mignolaverse, Promethea, X-Cutioner's Song