Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hilden B. Lade View Post
    I'd like to see Batman go plaid!
    there was one where he dress in zebra stripes will that do

Is the suit on on the cover to Batman #50 the new one?

CYw5cKhWwAAHG4L.jpg

The belt and gauntlets look different, but it's hard to tell if the awful bat knee pads have changed.
    As of now:
    All-Star Batman, Batman, Doom Patrol, The Flash, The Fix, The Flintstones, Green Valley, Hadrian's Wall, The Hellblazer, Moonshine, New Super-Man, Suicide Squad, Superman, 'Tec, Unfollow

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheNewFiftyForum View Post
    Something tells me that's not it. Just a stylized version of the current suit I think. The theoretical supposed changes there look too little to even have a news story on the matter.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

CBR got me like.. Maxpower00044's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheNewFiftyForum View Post

CYw5cKhWwAAHG4L.jpg

The belt and gauntlets look different, but it's hard to tell if the awful bat knee pads have changed.

This art was out before Capullo announced that he was trying to get his batsuit okay'd so I doubt it is.

I thought the Arkham Knight suit was pretty good. Rocksteady has a really good bunch of costume re-designers.

BANNED

Always preferred the oval, nice.

So we finally have the yellow oval back. Awesome .

Looking forward to seeing the rest of the suit.

Batman #51 solicitation reads like a final issue.

Isn't Greg's last #50 iirc?

I thought that "oval" is just the Bat signal above the gotham skyline? I mean it could be back, but we can't be sure based on that picture. Also Capullo's batsuit design was just recently approved, doubt he had the time to incorporate it in the cover. Think he left it obscure on purpose in case his design gets approved.

Either way I still think its just the signal, not the symbol.
    Last edited by bat1987; 01-20-2016 at 03:10 AM.

Astonishing Member

Batman's back with a new suit.

Captain America's back with a new suit.

What is it with these two that they continue to have these parallel storylines?

A yellow oval seems like a weird thing to add right after a new Batman movie where he doesn't have one. Not a fan of the yellow oval, doesn't translate well to live action either. The BvS suit was perfect IMO.

Spectacular Member jdmorris1124's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NightwingIvI View Post
    A yellow oval seems like a weird thing to add right after a new Batman movie where he doesn't have one. Not a fan of the yellow oval, doesn't translate well to live action either. The BvS suit was perfect IMO.
    I don't think the yellow oval is "back". In that picture it's just the Bat symbol in Gotham's sky.

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

The solicit pic doesn't concretely say the oval is back. It could be, it could very well not be. That could just be the Bat signal in the sky. We just don't know.

Back to speculating what the new suit might look like, because we still have no idea.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Quote Originally Posted by bat1987 View Post
    I thought that "oval" is just the Bat signal above the gotham skyline? I mean it could be back, but we can't be sure based on that picture. Also Capullo's batsuit design was just recently approved, doubt he had the time to incorporate it in the cover. Think he left it obscure on purpose in case his design gets approved.

Either way I still think its just the signal, not the symbol.
    Yeah, it could certainly be just for the cover... or, like you said, it could be a bit of a tease of what he wanted to do, before the new suit was officially approved by DC. We'll just have to wait and see.

Quote Originally Posted by NightwingIvI View Post
    The movies and the comics don't match up though -- Bruce is really young in the current comic continuity, while the BvS movie is taking inspiration from DKR and making Bruce much older. I agree, that the yellow-oval would look out-of-place on Batfleck's chest, but I think it would be appropriate for Snyder/Cap's Bruce, for his Batman Rebirth.