Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Default Why did a Mcdonald's in my city just close?

I am a New Yorker, plain and simple, and there has been a McDonald's I've been going to with one of its more recent moments dating as far as back as four years ago in January in W 34 St and 7 Avenue of Manhattan and only last Saturday did I learn that they just closed this past New Year's Eve when me and my friend had went up to the remains of the place with a notice on the door, saying that they were closing permanently. What upsetted me the most is that they did not give a reason why they closed.

My friend was also pretty pissed off having to vocally assert that "You don't close a McDonald's" and when I was shocked to learn that a McDonald's in my most convenient area next to a program I frequently attend just closed, my first reaction was "Those bastards. How could they?". We both had a craving for McDonald's, especially their new All-Day Breakfast Menu. Now without a McDonald's near the end of the newly constructed end of 7 train station, I felt struck down in a state of disappointment and defeat and didn't know where else to go to get a Mcdonald's or any great fast food fix for a night once every week.

McDonald's is like the biggest fast food chain in the entire world and one of America's industrial and corporate landmarks, how is it possible for even just one McDonald's, especially in the United States, much less fucking New York City itself of all places, to permanently close down like that?

You live in NYC and eat that crap at McD's, when there is so much better food available?
    Good riddance.
    Probably rent cost.

didn't know McD had such passionate fans
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    **** son , when they remodeled my McDonald's I was out there every day with a sign and yelling ..."I WANT ...RONALD MCDONALD'S !" Some looked at me weird , but those fuckers don't know what fast food is about.

"The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

He's NOT lovin' it that they closed...
    My mom thinks I'm cool.

BANNED

Go for 7 Eleven.

Maybe it'll just relaunch as the All New All Different McDonald's except Grimace will probably be orange
    DC: Aquaman, Batman, Harley Quinn, Wonder Woman

Marvel: Ms. Marvel, Punisher, Daredevil

Image: Outcast, Bitch Planet, The Autumnlands, Black Magick, The Goddamned

Indies: Black, Insexts, Animosity, Alters, Mighty Morphin Power Rangers, Red Sonja

BANNED

I blame Michelle Obama. McDonald's should sue her. The nerve of that woman, encouraging Americans to eat healthy.

Because you touch your self at night....(that's a joke)

Especially in a NYC person. McDonalds has been doing very badly lately. Other "fast food" places have been encroaching on their number 1 spot quickly. People are eating better.

Ol' Doogie, Circa 2005 GindyPosts's Avatar

Uhhh... 'cuz people wanna eat healthier?

The true answer might be in the fact that the franchise wasn't making enough money, and in New York, there's dozens of McDonalds in a small area that, even with tourism and people that wanna eat something cheaply, it was a weak sister in a cutthroat operation. Besides, as far as I'm concerned, McDonalds is slowly becoming irrelevant due to the fact that while most fast food outlets (Hardee's for people who want hand-made food, White Castle for slider enthusiasts, and Jack in the Box for the stoned and wasted) have decided to adopt a niche, McDonalds still wants to be this kid-friendly, cosmopolitan, corporate slice of middle class Americana that has their tendrils reaching every aspect of daily life, and they had to scale back on a lot of things as a result and update other things (they are now having bright, vibrant bags and cups now). Realistically, there is a possibility that McDonalds might be a thing of the past in a few decades. This isn't a "sins of Ray Kroc haunting the present" type of stuff, but rather an unwittingness or an inability to adapt to a changing world.

Many of the McDonalds managers and Franchise Owners have complained that the ALL DAY BREAKFAST MENU is killing them. They are loosing money right and left because, logistically it is too hard to run, in the time and space provided, and with their employees. There have been several news articles about it, including the Franchise Owners getting together and having meetings.This may be why your favorite restaurant went under or closed.

Astonishing Member WillieMorgan's Avatar

Surely there's another one within easy walking range. I know Manhattan's a big place but it must be littered with branches of McDonalds.

Count your chickens that you don't live in rural England!

Quote Originally Posted by WillieMorgan View Post
    Surely there's another one within easy walking range. I know Manhattan's a big place but it must be littered with branches of McDonalds.

Count your chickens that you don't live in rural England!
    Wimpys it is.

BANNED

Just go to the big one at Times Square. It's super convenient, never crowded, and friendly, determined people try to sell you magazines by the restrooms.

I mean, geez, there are at least 50 McDonalds in Manhattan alone. You can easily go to another one. The Taco Bell near my house burned down. I live in a podunk town so that means no more Taco Bell. Don't see me crying.