Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member

Default Would you read an Absorbing Man and Titania comic?

Two crooks.

Two surprisingly powerful characters that would be seriously scary if they thought bigger.

Fortunately they do not.

in spite of this, their rocky relationship seems to be more stable then 80% of relationships in marvel.

with that in mind would you read a limited series of the two.

it could be one part jerry springer, one part bonnie and clyde, one part true romance (1993).

and it`s pretty easy to setup a story.

Hook: After the fear story arc, Crusher and Skeeter are on the run from the government and most superheroes. They decide to do a diversion and get some cash by pulling off a bank robbery in some small town.

Line: They find in one safety deposit box a small cube they think would be worth some serious swag.

Sinker: The item is a cosmic cube. Now they are on the run from pretty much everybody, from aim, to hydra, as well as the normal heroes. They are considering it more trouble then it`s worth, and want to sell it to the highest bidder...hijinx ensure.
    Last edited by shades of eternity; 05-14-2014 at 11:07 AM.

Astonishing Member FanboyStranger's Avatar

It depends on the creative team. If someone like Fred Van Lente or John Arcudi were writing the book, absolutely.

What I love about Creel is that he's arguably one of the most powerful people in the Marvel Universe, but he's so smalltime that he spends his time robbing banks and the like. I hope they never change that about him.

BANNED

Creel & Titania are best when written by Tom DeFalco. He actually gave their relationship some depth.

BANNED

I could see myself reading a monthly ongoing featuring Crusher & Titania going straight and turning their talents to doing good much to the chagrin of villains and heroes alike.

Hell, I wouldn't mind them finding redemption and then membership with the Mighty Avengers.

I'd definitely read it, especially with the right creative team.

Incredible Member

I even came up with a title: Couples in Crime.

and would could potentially make it fun is the dynamic.

Creel is the hardened criminal, but he's also the one who wanted to start over.

Titania is the wild cannon, so Creel goes along and does the best he can.

Creel would try to bail her out of their crazy schemes, but honestly, he's not really good at that...he's better at smashing things...and it only goes downhill from there. .

BANNED

If there were ever two characters that deserved a shot...even on a mini-series level, it would be these two.

BANNED

Reading the replies convinced me that I would definitely give this a shot. They've been given a little more time than other villains through the years, so people know
    who they are. I remember seeing their wedding in one of my comics, but I don't remember which one. All the Masters Of Evil were there and a bunch of good guys who
    were chasing them also stayed and let them go. I wish I remembered where that was. Who knows, though. If they can do a Rocket Raccoon book, why not this at some
    point?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by shades of eternity View Post
    I even came up with a title: Couples in Crime.

and would could potentially make it fun is the dynamic.

Creel is the hardened criminal, but he's also the one who wanted to start over.

Titania is the wild cannon, so Creel goes along and does the best he can.

Creel would try to bail her out of their crazy schemes, but honestly, he's not really good at that...he's better at smashing things...and it only goes downhill from there. .
    Hah. This is AWESOMELY good for a set up.

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Y'know, I gotta give credit to Creel and Mary for staying married through so many ups and downs, I don't know of any married supervillain couple who've lasted. So how do you motivate them to turn from a life of crime to a (relatively) law-abiding lifestyle? Titania has lived under the shadow of She-Hulk's head-to-head domination practically since her creation. She's gotta find some other goal in life than besting her nemesis.

Oh, and the wedding was in an Avengers Unplugged issue, and the one who spied on it and alerted the Avengers… was none other than She-Hulk.

Absolutely! Back in the 90s, I used to want a Super Villain Team-Up book that regularly featured Absorbing Man & Titania, Molecule Man & Volcana and the Wrecking Crew. It would mostly feature other small timers like Grey Gargoyle, Klaw and the like.

I just realized recently that I am actually getting that book now in Superior Foes of Spider-Man... just with different characters.

But, yes, I want to see a book starring the two of them.

Incredible Member Chimeratengun's Avatar

Hell yeah I buy a copy of does two.

BANNED

Default Why doesn't Marvel try to make a colleciton or a Mini-series based upon Absorbing man and Titania ?

Given their unique history and background, it's very rare of a super villain couple that has their share of ups and downs. So why doesn't anyone at Marvel try to showcase it a bit more either via mini-series or a collection of stories spotlighting this unique couple ?

I mean it would be nice to see some unique favorable Super villain action in a unique positive way. Wouldn't you agree ?

I wonder if there are actually enough Absorbing Man and Titania stories to fill a collection, including their meeting in Secret Wars ?

It's kind of funny that, with all the dissolved marriages in the MU, a marriage between two Supervillains is one of the few that's still left standing .

Titania seems to be the main character in the new Illuminati series that started last month. It looks like it could be good.