Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 LastLast
    Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    sad. but given the magical nature of Crusher's powers, it's probably survivable. wouldn't be the first character to be dispersed. but hopefully, they would get around to showing Skeeter's reaction.
    I would hope so, too. Through the good times and the bad, they were each other's constants. Funny enough, now I can see Titania going into a bit of a spiral from sheer grief over Creel's death, and Jen/(She-)Hulk actually comforting her, knowing very much how that kind of loss, grief, and heartache feels after Bruce Banner's death.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    I would hope so, too. Through the good times and the bad, they were each other's constants. Funny enough, now I can see Titania going into a bit of a spiral from sheer grief over Creel's death, and Jen/(She-)Hulk actually comforting her, knowing very much how that kind of loss, grief, and heartache feels after Bruce Banner's death.
    has Titania even had another love interest; in the entirety of her life? the flashbacks to her origin make her seem kind of hopeless.

has Titania even had another love interest; in the entirety of her life? the flashbacks to her origin make her seem kind of hopeless.
    Not that I'm aware of, though there has been some suggestion in-universe that Titania is subconsciously attracted to She-Hulk and that's been the real reason for her fixation on beating her. Then again, by that logic, I could ship her with Spider-Man, and considering that they were awfully similar pre-superpowers, both physically weak and bullied by their peers, and they even reacted similarly to gaining powers, believing they could use them to show up everyone that ever laughed at and picked on them. Of course, unlike Spider-Man, Titania never had an incident that inspired her to change her ways and so she became a relatively petty super-criminal. Also complicating things is that when their first encounter led to her utter humiliation at his hands, it led to her having a long-lasting fear of him, though she did get over it later, if only for Creel's sake.

Incredible Member Sensational C's Avatar

As Huntsman Spider refereed to, Samson suggested Titania's fixation on She-Hulk to be part sexual but he mostly did that to physch her out while fighting her. The only other I could possibly see Titania being romantically interested in would be her bff Volcana. Besides being her long time friend Titania called her babe once.

Quote Originally Posted by Sensational C View Post
    As Huntsman Spider refereed to, Samson suggested Titania's fixation on She-Hulk to be part sexual but he mostly did that to physch her out while fighting her. The only other I could possibly see Titania being romantically interested in would be her bff Volcana. Besides being her long time friend Titania called her babe once.
    Thanks for reminding me of Volcana. That's a character I haven't seen in a while, at least not since her appearances in the original Secret Wars or even in the X-Men/Spider-Man novel trilogy Time's Arrow. Maybe it could be her who consoles Titania after Titania finds out about Creel's death.

Thanks for reminding me of Volcana. That's a character I haven't seen in a while, at least not since her appearances in the original Secret Wars or even in the X-Men/Spider-Man novel trilogy Time's Arrow. Maybe it could be her who consoles Titania after Titania finds out about Creel's death.
    She appeared in the Charles Soule She-Hulk book... in the final issue, I think? I would love to see those characters together more. Also, I do not often do this but yeah... I would ship She-Hulk/Titania!

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

I didn't read the last issue Soule's She Hulk but I did look into the issue with Titania on the cover. I hate a comic that lures you with a nicely done cover then the interior art is crap. Kevin Wada did all the covers IIRC but the interior art by Javier Pulido ....ugh. Jen looked more like a guy cosplaying as She Hulk. Here's Marsha and Mary teaming up against her in issue #11. Marsha is very OOC to me. She had never been this aggressive but maybe since she and Owen split, she turned bitter

You're welcome. I, too, imagine that's where Mary will go first after the anger of her loss.

Quote Originally Posted by Valamist View Post
    She appeared in the Charles Soule She-Hulk book... in the final issue, I think? I would love to see those characters together more. Also, I do not often do this but yeah... I would ship She-Hulk/Titania!
    I would like to see those two together more too as their friendship was one of few good things in their respective early lives. She-Hulk/Titania is not too out there for me, I mean Titania is one of the few Shulkie supporting characters that does show up in multiple She-Hulk runs. It would be interesting to see that work as morally they are polar opposite of Jen's compassion driving her to help others while Mary's memories of neglect drives her to cement her dominance over others. I could imagine Titania asking She-Hulk to do ... maybe I shouldn't finish this sentence.
    Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    I didn't read the last issue Soule's She Hulk but I did look into the issue with Titania on the cover. I hate a comic that lures you with a nicely done cover then the interior art is crap. Kevin Wada did all the covers IIRC but the interior art by Javier Pulido ....ugh. Jen looked more like a guy cosplaying as She Hulk. Here's Marsha and Mary teaming up against her in issue #11. Marsha is very OOC to me. She had never been this aggressive but maybe since she and Owen split, she turned bitter

I thought Volcana was meaner there too and also chopped it up to being a supervillain leaves you little to improve yourself with in that already uphill struggle. Some old villains like Black Widow and Emma Frost who do turn it around but there are some like Sandman that either though choice or circumstance stay down on their path, making Marsha more corrupted than her previous appearances.

BANNED

Has it been depicted in a marvel comic that the comicbook character Titania learned about what happened to the comicbook character Absorbing Man?

Niffleheim

She is going to learn about Carl in Black Bolt #8 and feature in the rest of the second arc of the book.
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

Astonishing Member

I read illuminati (hoods group) for Titania

Creels not a draw for me but ill read anything with her in, one of my favourite villains

Quote Originally Posted by kilderkin View Post
    I read illuminati (hoods group) for Titania

Creels not a draw for me but ill read anything with her in, one of my favourite villains
    Same here.

In that origin story, she basically goes from being kind of a lonely teenager, directly into Secret Wars where she gets her powers & meets Creel, and they've been more or less together ever since. Even during their brief breakups, I don't think she's ever been shown with anyone else, though there was a panel from the beginning of Jeff Parker's Thunderbolts where she & a bunch of other female inmates are catcalling Luke Cage on the Raft.

Quote Originally Posted by Sensational C View Post
    I thought Volcana was meaner there too and also chopped it up to being a supervillain leaves you little to improve yourself with in that already uphill struggle. Some old villains like Black Widow and Emma Frost who do turn it around but there are some like Sandman that either though choice or circumstance stay down on their path, making Marsha more corrupted than her previous appearances.
    I really hate how OOC Volcana was in that story, especially since it's one of her very, very few appearances that take place in the current day, as opposed to Secret Wars flashbacks. Honestly I'm just choosing to ignore it.

Haven't read Black Bolt #8 yet, but I'm looking forward to seeing Titania in it; hopefully she shows up in the book in the future.

How does everyone like the redesign for Titania from Black Bolt #8, or as she called them her new fighting duds? I apologize for the quality of my phone camera as the top of picture gets pixaly.

Titania Dec'17.jpg

Besides the T earrings (although I can totally see her wearing those in a non combat situation) and maybe it needs a bit more gold colors I really like it. If feels like a update to her costume rather than something different with some of the themes costume from the Illuminati series she had. Although in the Illuminati's costume defense she was trying to get away from the supervilian stuff so her costume was more mundane to reflect that.

Can't wait for the next issue to see Titania take on the weakened Black Bolt, Lockjaw, and Blinky and how she deals with the bad news.

It's OK--a little busy color-wise and with the lines & stuff (maybe it's just that panel), but I'm glad they went back to a variation of her classic costume. I may get a better feel for it next issue. I actually like the "T" earrings, and the hood could be a nice touch (need to see it at a different angle), and yeah I'd like to see the gold belt back too. I am definitely happy that they went away from the hairbun from Illuminati, but I kind of wish they had kept the maskless look.

I would have liked to have seen this version of her costume in an actual comic. It keeps the overall design of the classic costume, but jazzes it up with the metal pieces, some texture on the belt, and adding the scarf/cape thing.
    1798442-the_worthy___titania__before__by_marko_djurdjevic.jpg

I read Black Bolt #1-6 and #8 (I'll go back to #7 later). Had some great Crusher Creel moments, especially a self-sacrifice from him in main Marvel continuity (we've seen it in at least two AUs--House of M and Universe X). Also, it was nice to see Titania's sickness referenced, I think for the first time since it actually happened. Does anyone know if she will appear in more than just the next issue? I would be very happy to see her hang with Bolt & Blinky for a while.
    Last edited by areacode212; 12-19-2017 at 05:49 PM.