Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789101112 LastLast

Black Bolt #9 is an honorary Absorbing Man & Titania comic featuring Creel's funeral, and it's pretty great with some surprise guest stars showing up and paying tribute to ol' Crusher.

Quote Originally Posted by areacode212 View Post
    Black Bolt #9 is an honorary Absorbing Man & Titania comic featuring Creel's funeral, and it's pretty great with some surprise guest stars showing up and paying tribute to ol' Crusher.
    Who attends? Their wedding was packed. There should be more villain weddings. Hydro-Man and Sadie should make it official.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    Who attends? Their wedding was packed. There should be more villain weddings. Hydro-Man and Sadie should make it official.
    If I recall right, Captain America and Thor (Odinson) both showed up to pay their respects to Absorbing Man and had some pretty heartwarming words about how even if he spent much of his life as a "villain," he still deserved their respect for doing the right thing in his final moments and saving those children. Some of the Wrecking Crew objected to them being there, but Titania shut that down pretty quickly because she realized Cap and Thor (Odinson) were sincere in wanting to pay their respects. That was a pretty sweet moment, I thought.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

the Wrecking Crew showed up. there must have been a free bar.

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

It was moving. I really got to sympathize with Titania. I like how Ahmed wrote her. Yep, Odinson and Steve were there.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by areacode212 View Post
    though there was a panel from the beginning of Jeff Parker's Thunderbolts where she & a bunch of other female inmates are catcalling Luke Cage on the Raft.
    Despite the fact Luke was already married with a kid!

BANNED

Exclamation Absorbing Man Returns In New Agents of SHIELD Episode

Incredible Member

ha

it's kinda funny how mcu is a corporate goon and very loyal to talbot.

been interested to see if hes on the prowl.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Cmbmool View Post
    If there were ever two characters that deserved a shot...even on a mini-series level, it would be these two.
    As long as the comicbook character Titania is sporting her original look which includes a mask.

Spectacular Member

Honestly I think it could work if done right. With Creel's recent selfless actions in BB and the semi noble streak Titania has shown on occasion I think these two are worthy of receiving a series.

What I think would really work for them is if they were recruited by SHIELD as part of a 'last sanction' type unit (original Stormwatch style), offered pardons in exchange for dealing with threats that other Supergroups were too busy to deal with. I could see them enjoying the steady paychecks and earning legitimate respect for doing what they like to do best, beating the crap out of people.

My roster for such a group would be.

Creel
    Titania
    Shocker (get's the respect he's wanted for so long)
    Blizzard (his growth during his T-bolts run shamefully ignored)
    Prowler (already heroic, under used and brings decent stealth skills)
    Living Laser (powerful and smart as hell, been used as a joke villain for far too long)
    Taskmaster (because, hey it's freaking Taskmaster)

A team with varied powersets, experience and willing to get their hands dirty when the need arises.

Quote Originally Posted by roni190 View Post
    Honestly I think it could work if done right. With Creel's recent selfless actions in BB and the semi noble streak Titania has shown on occasion I think these two are worthy of receiving a series.

What I think would really work for them is if they were recruited by SHIELD as part of a 'last sanction' type unit (original Stormwatch style), offered pardons in exchange for dealing with threats that other Supergroups were too busy to deal with. I could see them enjoying the steady paychecks and earning legitimate respect for doing what they like to do best, beating the crap out of people.

My roster for such a group would be.

Creel
    Titania
    Shocker (get's the respect he's wanted for so long)
    Blizzard (his growth during his T-bolts run shamefully ignored)
    Prowler (already heroic, under used and brings decent stealth skills)
    Living Laser (powerful and smart as hell, been used as a joke villain for far too long)
    Taskmaster (because, hey it's freaking Taskmaster)

A team with varied powersets, experience and willing to get their hands dirty when the need arises.
    I like that idea, and I'm guessing Prowler would be the designated leader since he would be seen as the most reliable on account of being a hero for far longer than he was a villain. Taskmaster could be second-in-command or Number Two, as it were, for the sake of keeping Prowler's heroic tendencies in check should they get in the way of the mission. I could see Prowler and Shocker trading jabs about their respective relationships with Spider-Man, with Shocker maybe calling Prowler "Spider-Man's sidekick" and Prowler maybe retorting that Shocker could've done a lot more with his life and brains than just knock over banks, but ultimately developing a kind of kinship, in the sense of "there but for the grace of God, go I." Oh, and the two of them could also bond with Blizzard and Living Laser when it comes to being intelligent and capable characters who are always underestimated and not taken seriously, whether by heroes or other villains. As for where Absorbing Man and Titania fit in, they would ironically become the heart of the team, their love for each other something simultaneously envied and admired by the other members, and Absorbing Man's increasing heroic qualities would also be a wildcard factor in missions, as while Taskmaster might account for Prowler wanting to do the heroic thing, Absorbing Man acting on his heroic impulses would throw Taskmaster for a real loop.

BANNED

Hell, yeah !!!!!!!!!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Thomas View Post
    Reading the replies convinced me that I would definitely give this a shot. They've been given a little more time than other villains through the years, so people know
    who they are. I remember seeing their wedding in one of my comics, but I don't remember which one. All the Masters Of Evil were there and a bunch of good guys who
    were chasing them also stayed and let them go. I wish I remembered where that was. Who knows, though. If they can do a Rocket Raccoon book, why not this at some
    point?
    Yes, why not indeed!

Titania is on the cover of WEAPON H #s 9 & 11 (using her newer costume from BLACK BOLT), and Pak has hinted that she will be on the book for a while:

Thanks for the update. More Titania is always a good thing.