Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

I would give it a try.
    The Gypsies had no home. The Doors had no bass.

Does our reality determine our fiction or does our fiction determine our reality?

Whenever the question comes up about who some mysterious person is or who is behind something the answer will always be Frank Stallone.

"This isn't a locking the barn doors after the horses ran way situation this is a burn the barn down after the horses ran away situation."

Astonishing Member Ken Ashcroft's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post
    There's this Kevin Costner movie: "A Perfect World", where an escaped convict bonds with the 8 year old kid he kidnapped.

I could see that working with Creel.
    Someone please remind why Creel has a iron ball and chain? The striped pants I can believe but did they really chain criminals with a ball and chain back in the 1960s?

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post
    There's this Kevin Costner movie: "A Perfect World", where an escaped convict bonds with the 8 year old kid he kidnapped.

I could see that working with Creel.
    didn't they already do that with Sandman?

BANNED

Talking Happy Birthday Mike Zeck!!!

Thanks for co-creating 616 Marsha Rosenberg aka VOLCANA and Mary "Skeeter" MacPherran aka TITANIA!
    http://talesfromthekryptonian.blogsp...mike-zeck.html

Incredible Member

I came to a weird conclusion about bankers.

he's gone from a stalwart members of society, to the people whom almost destroyed the economy with wreckless gambling, forclosed on property they didn't even own, and got bailed out by the government.

Hell one notable bank just got caught making accounts for customers and charging huge fees.

If Absorbing Man and Titania hit their main office to steal their cash, anybody whom was affected would probably cheer.

Amazing Member

Why does that Titania origin story from years 'n' years ago read so much better, now, than the Thor encounter? ("I ain't fightin' no woman Thor cus reasons, hyuk hyuk hyuk!")

And yeah, I'd read a Creel and Skeeter title.

Incredible Member Marvel Forever's Avatar

I love Titania as a member of the Frightful Four, but I have vowed to boycott Marvel until the Fantastic Four return. I doubt that I will break that vow.

BANNED

Wish that Skeeter and Creel were part of an al new Frightful Four who can only be stopped by the Fantastic Four featured in a 2 issue Fantastic Four 55th Anniversary 1961-2016 limited series!
    Last edited by 616MarvelYear is LeapYear; 10-16-2016 at 04:46 PM.

Incredible Member

Honestly given I enjoyed them both during their short run on Illuminati I would actually enjoy a series centered around these two following their escapades with the Hood.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Ashcroft View Post
    Someone please remind why Creel has a iron ball and chain? The striped pants I can believe but did they really chain criminals with a ball and chain back in the 1960s?
    It was often depicted that criminals are chained up with a ball-and-chain in the 60s. Plus they actually really did that, but the ball was never as cartoonishly large as the one in comics. It was just meant to make sure they couldn't run, not not being able to move at all.

Character-wise, I assumed Creel kept the iron ball because if he gets jumped, he has iron as a material to absorb in a jiff.

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Quote Originally Posted by Draegwolf View Post
    Honestly given I enjoyed them both during their short run on Illuminati I would actually enjoy a series centered around these two following their escapades with the Hood.
    This has a Bonny and Clyde feel to it.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

BANNED

I am all for Creel and Skeeter destroying the Illuminati.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 616MarvelYear is LeapYear View Post
    I am all for Creel and Skeeter destroying the Illuminati.
    They totally should. At least the Hood's Illuminati, given that Hood set Titania up and ruined her chances at going straight, which were already pretty damn precarious, to get her to work for him in the first place. Given how very difficult it is to get another chance to be treated as a respectable citizen or human being after having done time in prison in real life, I've got little but contempt for the Hood for screwing her over like that.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

BANNED

To me, Titania's origin story from years 'n' years ago reads so much better, than the nowadays ("I ain't fightin' no woman Thor cus reasons, hyuk hyuk hyuk!").
    To me the comicbook character Titania was soooo out of character

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Byakko View Post
    It was often depicted that criminals are chained up with a ball-and-chain in the 60s. Plus they actually really did that, but the ball was never as cartoonishly large as the one in comics. It was just meant to make sure they couldn't run, not not being able to move at all.

Character-wise, I assumed Creel kept the iron ball because if he gets jumped, he has iron as a material to absorb in a jiff.
    That makes a lot of sense!