Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by areacode212 View Post

Skeeter has hung out with some of the Grapplers before: there's an issue of A+X where Beast & Wonder Man fight Absorbing Man, then bro out with him at a karaoke bar. Creel gets Titania on the phone and Wonder Man asks him to tell her to bring some friends. We then see them at the bar, and the friends that Mary brought along....are Letha and Poundcakes, but no Davida. Makes it seem like the writer mixed up the 2 Titanias, but interesting to take at face value
    that's possible. my personal head canon is that the Grapplers already did confront Mary about the 'Titania' name. Davida and Skeeter fought it out; with the latter coming out on top. so some of the Grapplers are friendly with Skeeter/respectful of her win. but Davida can't get over it. so she sat the evening out. it happens in real life that there are people in interconnected groups of friends who simply don't get along.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Wasp just got a major, major buff in Marvel Puzzle Quest, so I've been thinking about this issue a lot as I kick ass with her in PvP.

Yeah, now that Davida/Lascivious is alive again, I've been looking for the 2 Titanias to meet. Maybe have the Grapplers try to take out Titania so that Lascivious could "take her name back". Or have Songbird involved somehow, since she's been on a few teams with Skeeter and was even at the Creel/Titania wedding with Angar.

Skeeter has hung out with some of the Grapplers before: there's an issue of A+X where Beast & Wonder Man fight Absorbing Man, then bro out with him at a karaoke bar. Creel gets Titania on the phone and Wonder Man asks him to tell her to bring some friends. We then see them at the bar, and the friends that Mary brought along....are Letha and Poundcakes, but no Davida. Makes it seem like the writer mixed up the 2 Titanias, but interesting to take at face value

Here's the page:

That was funny. And good luck with Wasp in Puzzle Quest.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Incredible Member Sensational C's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    I'm not a huge fan of divorce. but she really needs to ditch Creel. they aren't stronger together, imo.
    I'm curious, may you elaborate why you think separating them is best for Titania? While Absorbing Man is a lugnut and and can be quite evil at times, he almost always had a certain respect for Titania and had her best interest in mind since the original Secret Wars, besides the one point Titania become so obsessed with She-Hulk Mary gave up everything to become stronger. Plus, I really don't want them to split up for the irony that two villains have a more stable, healthier relationship than most hero couples.

I'd definitely read a book about these two. They're a great couple. Have Thunderball as a supporting character; he's fun too.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sensational C View Post
    I'm curious, may you elaborate why you think separating them is best for Titania? While Absorbing Man is a lugnut and and can be quite evil at times, he almost always had a certain respect for Titania and had her best interest in mind since the original Secret Wars, besides the one point Titania become so obsessed with She-Hulk Mary gave up everything to become stronger. Plus, I really don't want them to split up for the irony that two villains have a more stable, healthier relationship than most hero couples.
    I appreciate that irony, too. It's very hilarious.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Sensational C View Post
    I changed my mind on it. I was reacting to the events of the Illuminati series; where it seemed like Skeeter was looking to move on/better her situation. but since that series was pretty much ignored, I'm fine with them being the Al and Peg Bundy of the villain set. I do think that their relationship is unhealthy; in the sense that they reinforce each others worst traits. if she was secure in the relationship, why is she still hung up on She-Hulk? it's weird.

Fantastic Member

Titania was so out of character in her appearance in Thor If that was the case, how come she never surrendered for She Hulk ir other female superheroes?
    Last edited by Alpha Male; 03-14-2017 at 08:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha Male View Post
    Titania was so out of character in her appearance in Thor If that was the case, how come she never surrendered for She Hulk ir other female superheroes?
    because none of the others had their worthiness determined by a magical object?

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    I do think that their relationship is unhealthy; in the sense that they reinforce each others worst traits. if she was secure in the relationship, why is she still hung up on She-Hulk? it's weird.
    I sorta chop that up to both of them being unintelligent, they want to help each other but they go about in the wrong way, not as healthy as I thought before. Like when Absorbing Man asked Thunderstrike to ask She-Hulk to fight Titania for one last match so Titania won't be so obsessed with her but he should have just encouraged her by being second place ain't bad or for her to be happy with the immense strength she does possess.
    Sadly, I think its just a chase of everyone forgetting character development, Dan Slott had a 2 or 3 part story where Titiania's origin was exploded, had her "I finally killed She-Hulk but why do I feel so empty moment" and later called Jen to be her lawyer, presumably to bury the hatchet but even as soon as the Peter David run Titania was right back in her familiar spot. Although this is mostly likely because Titania is She-Hulk's main bad guy from a handful rouges gallery.

BANNED

To me it is indeed the case of everyone forgetting character development.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Marvel Forever View Post
    I love Titania as a member of the Frightful Four, but I have vowed to boycott Marvel until the Fantastic Four return. I doubt that I will break that vow.
    I wish marvel television would introduce the MCU Frightful Four as antagonists for the MCU Defenders on NetFlix.

Fantastic Member

Wasp just got a major, major buff in Marvel Puzzle Quest, so I've been thinking about this issue a lot as I kick ass with her in PvP.

Yeah, now that Davida/Lascivious is alive again, I've been looking for the 2 Titanias to meet. Maybe have the Grapplers try to take out Titania so that Lascivious could "take her name back". Or have Songbird involved somehow, since she's been on a few teams with Skeeter and was even at the Creel/Titania wedding with Angar.

Here's the page:

Can I just say thank you for posting this?

This should justbe the Absorbing Man/Titania Appreciation Thread.

I hear Crusher is in space prison right now though and Mary isn't with him.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Zeeguy91 View Post
    I'd need more of a hook. I mean, they're both pretty obscure villains.
    Yeah, you can't just have a series where they fight heroes and commit random crimes, they can just guest star in another character's book for that.

These two do not have enough juice to sustain an ongoing series, but a mini series could work, but you need something more substantive then their usual commit crimes and fight heroes stories.

Give them a real goal, one more meaningful then whether they rob a bank or not and put an antagonist in their way. Have super heroes guest star, but do not make a battle with Spider-Man the climax of the mini. Maybe they are on the wrong side in a conflict between different super villain factions. Give them a real interest character focused story line and maybe better define what these characters are about.

That's what DC did with Rogues revenge, where the Rogues try to avenge the death of Bart Allen. They didn't just rob banks when they got their own mini.

Quote Originally Posted by NK1988 View Post
    Can I just say thank you for posting this?

This should justbe the Absorbing Man/Titania Appreciation Thread.

I hear Crusher is in space prison right now though and Mary isn't with him.
    That's up there in Carl/Mary moments. I would probably place it 3rd/4th favorite scene of them.
    Unfortunately Absorbing Man and Titania are separated time and again like in Axis and the current Black Bolt series, my guess is that Titania will hopefully be part of the escape plan, but like the image above shows they can't help but be together.

BANNED

I like that they can't help but be together.