Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fairyprincess View Post
    It would be nice if this was the basis for the reboot......

Right? Let's all start praying to Hera.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Poison View Post
    In an earlier post in another thread I was hesitant to say I'd want this title for a reboot because we still don't know how it all turns out. That was before I knew DC may be rebooting in the summer. If I had to vote right now I'd say, yes, give it to De Liz.
    “You see…the rest of them are soldiers. But [Wonder Woman] is an artist.”

I only support the made of clay origin.

Incredible Member

I got this issue today. And I am absolutely loving this book already!

I agree, using this as the basis for a reboot would be a great way to revive the comic WW and setup nicely to tie to the movie.

All-New Member

I was dreading reading this, but so far it's pretty damn fantastic. I might even dare say that it could end up being better than the George Perez version - and I can't believe I'm actually saying that since that to me was the quintessential version of Wonder Woman. I absolutely love that it explores Diana's childhood, as being an outsider and misfit. The idea of immortal and mortal Amazons is brilliant and makes so much sense. The fact that Diana is mortal not only makes her more relatable but makes her journey and struggle much more satisfying. The one thing that I thought rang false with Perez's version was the idea of Diana being chosen by the Gods and given God-like powers. Why did she even bother learning how to fight? And what was the point of the tournament if there was already an Amazon among them that was as powerful as the Gods themselves?

I was wondering if anyone could tell me what's different about this story that keeps it out of current continuity?

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by brandnewfan View Post
    I was wondering if anyone could tell me what's different about this story that keeps it out of current continuity?

For starters, Diana isn't the daughter of Zeus, the Amazons are more civilized, Etta Candy is Caucasian with strawberry blonde hair, and Steve Trevor has had a more active role in Diana's life so far.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

Amazing Member

For starters, Diana isn't the daughter of Zeus, the Amazons are more civilized, Etta Candy is Caucasian with strawberry blonde hair, and Steve Trevor has had a more active role in Diana's life so far.
    And the WWII setting.