Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

This can't add itself to my pull list fast enough!
    While Poe certainly didn't have the biggest part in The Force Awakens he was pretty sympathetic in the scenes he was in and I loved the bromance between him and Finn.
    Don't think I have to say much about the creative team here. It's a trend that you find Marvels big, good and popular writers on these books and Soule and Noto are certainly among them.
    "This is me being reasonable"

Shut up and take my money!!!!
    Current Pull: Lazarus, The Realm, Seven to Eternity, Aquaman, Flash, Justice League Dark, Justice League Odyssey, Sideways, Black Panther, Captain America, Daredevil, Death of the Inhumans.

Future Pull: Killmonger.

Mighty Member

Haha... Charles Soul is one sneaky dude

Ultimate Member

I hope that we see more of the other X-Wing pilots in his squadron (who were fun in the film despite minimal screentime) get bigger roles in this (because an ongoing comic would have more time than a 2-2 1/2 hour film with many more important characters).

Also, this new FO villain intrigues me. So Kylo Ren won't be the main threat, but I still think/hope that he'll pop up from time to time.
    Last edited by Punisher007; 01-14-2016 at 02:23 PM.

Nice I'm getting this.

BANNED

Oh man. I've been steering clear of the Marvel Star Wars books because I have so much on my pull list, but I might have to start picking these up in tpbs.

Marvel must be exercising a lot of editorial control to make these books canon. Surely there's only so much they can do without stepping on the new trilogy?

Astonishing Member RobinFan4880's Avatar

Poe Dameron written by Soule?

No question I am buying this!!!!!

Astonishing Member RobinFan4880's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cloudman View Post
    Oh man. I've been steering clear of the Marvel Star Wars books because I have so much on my pull list, but I might have to start picking these up in tpbs.

Marvel must be exercising a lot of editorial control to make these books canon. Surely there's only so much they can do without stepping on the new trilogy?
    That's why there has only been 1 comic set past the original trilogy and even that was just a year after Endor.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Metaltron View Post
    Good choice, Poe was always gonna be easier to tell stories with than Ray or Finn, and this era is going to be extremely sought after by fans of Force Awakens, so I think Marvel will do well with this series.
    Very true since Poe is IN his Early 30's and used to be in republic navy before joining up with Leia so it just makes since for him to have his own series detailing what he was up to back in the day. Also Finn and Rey are ANH Luke age so them having a series so soon makes no sense because really they haven't even begun to live life yet.

Astonishing Member PretenderNX01's Avatar

It'll be interesting to see how much of Oscar Isaac's portrayal they can capture. The character isn't in the movie much but Oscar sold what he had on his own charm otherwise he's just an x-wing pilot that fans like to pair with Finn

Soule doing 3 Star Wars books and 3 Marvel books. Jezzus.

Noto drawing Poe 😍

Well I guess I will have to put this on the pull list, and here I thought I was going to get rid of a book with Kanan ending. Loved Soule's Lando series, for me it was up there with the Vader series as best of the new Marvel SW books, followed closely by the main SW book.

Quote Originally Posted by RobinFan4880 View Post
    That's why there has only been 1 comic set past the original trilogy and even that was just a year after Endor.
    They're trying to prevent another Walrus Jabba situation, I bet.

Quote Originally Posted by RobinFan4880 View Post
    Marvel meets with the people at Lucasfilm who are in charge of Star Wars story canon all the time. The Marvel comics ARE cannon but believe me that a lot of e-mails and phone calls must be exchanged all the time about what they can and can't do because Disney may want to adapt something into an animated series or a stand alone movie that takes place after Return of the Jedi but before The Force Awakens. I remember reading not to long ago that there is a plan in place where Disney would end Star Wars: Rebels after a set number of seasons and that the next animated series would take place at some point in the 30 plus year gap of Return of the Jedi and The Force Awakens.

I kind of hoped Marvel would have done a comics adaptation of the prequel trilogy and The Force Awakens since the original trilogy had adaptations. It kind of makes having Star Wars done completely in comics with the new stuff all the more cooler I guess for one big long comic book story telling medium.