Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Bosch View Post
    God, what did they do to Teddy?

Is anyone enjoying this series? I gave it two issues and really tried, but I can't help but feel like every character on the team I like could've been way better served in another title.
    This is a future version. The normal Teddy is still the usual Teddy.

Yeah, I got that. Still not digging it, though. It's tough to imagine a future so dark that Teddy would think the whole Frazetta thing was a good look.

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Nope.

Billy is the villain.

The rest are attacking him --after he beheaded Thor.
    And he's so bad ass he doesn't even need to face them. "yeah they're behind me but I don't care." or rather; "yeah! They're! Behind Me! And I Don't! Care!"

Sandovals work seems to be one long exclamation mark to me. It's not a style I'm keen on. I think my thirteen year old self would have loved it though. So if he has his fans (and I'm sure most of them are older than thirteen) that's fine by me. I like Bachalo, but he's a deal breaker for many readers, so I can relate to those whom love Sandoval's stuff.

Yeah, I got that. Still not digging it, though. It's tough to imagine a future so dark that Teddy would think the whole Frazetta thing was a good look.
    This is a future where Billy went evil. That would drive Teddy to a pretty dark place.

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Or she died from cancer long before these events transpire
    I was going more joking on the meta level of how Thor's even vanished from what was his book and isn't appearing anywhere else at the moment.

God, future!Teddy looks like he's had a rough xx years.

Is anyone enjoying this series? I gave it two issues and really tried, but I feel like every character on the team I like could've been way better served in another title.
    I don't mind this series. Wasn't a fan of the space king story since I found it boring, but it's not bad. Main thing I'm not a fan of is the art drawing Wiccan like he's been roiding it up during the 8 months. Why draw him like that? Not only has he never been drawn super muscular by anyone in the past, why does he need to be when he's the team Mage rather than a brawler?

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    I was going more joking on the meta level of how Thor's even vanished from what was his book and isn't appearing anywhere else at the moment.

I don't mind this series. Wasn't a fan of the space king story since I found it boring, but it's not bad. Main thing I'm not a fan of is the art drawing Wiccan like he's been roiding it up during the 8 months. Why draw him like that? Not only has he never been drawn super muscular by anyone in the past, why does he need to be when he's the team Mage rather than a brawler?
    Mages could use some decent fighting skills, and then they won't get taken out first. It's a foolish idea to have so much cosmic/mystical power and yet be knocked out in one not-necessarily-superhuman blow.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Mages could use some decent fighting skills, and then they won't get taken out first. It's a foolish idea to have so much cosmic/mystical power and yet be knocked out in one not-necessarily-superhuman blow.
    Yea but even then that doesn't seem to be the case with him as he's been seen using magic exclusively and even if he was trying to go for getting fit to beef up, he looks ridiculous. Cap is a peak human and he doesn't even look as buff as they're drawing Wiccan. I honestly have no idea what the artist was thinking.

Wiccan was never a stick. New Avengers makes him look like a roided out kangaroo cosplaying as a bad 90s anime character. There are ways Sandoval could've reinterpreted him without rendering him nigh unrecognizable.

Mighty Member

This was a point of emphasis in Dr. Strange some time back. Bear in mind he's a doctor in his 40's and not physically active. He literally got into a physical conditioning program and it saved his life in one of his mystical battles whereas not being in shape would have cost him his life.

Wiccan was never a stick. New Avengers makes him look like a roided out kangaroo cosplaying as a bad 90s anime character. There are ways Sandoval could've reinterpreted him without rendering him nigh unrecognizable.
    This. I mean look at literally any rendering of Wiccan since his conception. His physic remains consistent among them all. This goes above and beyond and for no apparent reason which is more noticeable when everyone else is rendered normally. There's a reason this rendering is so jarring.

Quote Originally Posted by Magnito View Post
    This is a future where Billy went evil. That would drive Teddy to a pretty dark place.
    I think this is billy possessed by Moridlin or at least some part of him. You could see an image of the evil alien wizard in his eyes at the end of issue 4

Incredible Member Chimeratengun's Avatar

Teddy got married, nice wish he'd lose the whole "Hulk" image by then but what ya gonna do. Poor Thor he's never going to catch a break in Marvel is he?

Quote Originally Posted by Jaquar View Post
    Teddy got married, nice wish he'd lose the whole "Hulk" image by then but what ya gonna do. Poor Thor he's never going to catch a break in Marvel is he?
    Yea it's weird. He's got literally nothing to do with the Hulk yet keeps up that Hulk look. Only once did they have him associated with what he actually is by having him become Captain Marvel in one future.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    Yea it's weird. He's got literally nothing to do with the Hulk yet keeps up that Hulk look. Only once did they have him associated with what he actually is by having him become Captain Marvel in one future.
    I don't have a problem with it. I always took it to mean he was going green because he's half-Skrull, not because he's shape-shifting to look like Banner. And even if he is, he's a fanboy, and his backstory flashbacks in Children's Crusade (I think?) make it easy to assume that Hulk's shtick appeals to him because of his insecurities.
    Last edited by Bosch; 01-15-2016 at 07:27 PM.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

On a slightly different note, good to finally know who that woman in the Ms. Marvel costume is. Curious as to why she'd pick that costume, if she's the daughter of a vastly different Marvel . . . unless Carol Danvers is her mother, which would be an interesting twist.
    The spider is always on the hunt.