Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789101112 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by RAY DILLON View Post
    See the news about potentially a YOUNG DIANA cast in the movie:

Attachment 34662

Wow!
    Apparently boxer Ann Wolfe is rumored to play Phillipus/Alcippe too. Seems like there definitely is a TLoWW influence!

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    Congratulations on your Eisner nomination, Ms. De Liz! Well deserved.
    Yes, congratulations!
    “You see…the rest of them are soldiers. But [Wonder Woman] is an artist.”

I only support the made of clay origin.

BANNED

Apparently boxer Ann Wolfe is rumored to play Phillipus/Alcippe too. Seems like there definitely is a TLoWW influence!

I wonder if DC greenlit the legendofww because it was on the line with the movie, DC should market the book much better.

Congrats the team on the eisner nomination!

Quote Originally Posted by Tayswift View Post
    I wonder if DC greenlit the legendofww because it was on the line with the movie, DC should market the book much better.

Congrats the team on the eisner nomination!
    I can say our book was definitely not based on the movie or in line with the movie at the time that we pitched and started production (several years ago). We do see similarities popping up now, but like you we are seeing this stuff as it comes out. We hope that it's because they took inspiration from our book, but we don't have confirmation of that. That definitely looks like our Alcippe and Young Diana though, huh?

And thank you very much for the congratulations on the Eisner nomination! We're blown away. And it's looking like that could help us get volume 2 green-lit. We were told there's some movement on that, just waiting for the word.

BANNED

I can say our book was definitely not based on the movie or in line with the movie at the time that we pitched and started production (several years ago). We do see similarities popping up now, but like you we are seeing this stuff as it comes out. We hope that it's because they took inspiration from our book, but we don't have confirmation of that. That definitely looks like our Alcippe and Young Diana though, huh?
    That really looks like them

when I first saw mennalipe and antiope, it really took my mid back to legendofww. Most of ww comics we don't really see them often (the comics I read simone, rucka and azzarello).

I didn't knew legendofww was years in production, i assumed it started getting made like last year, when the script of the movie was already done.
    Now I can see it being more than coincidence. Now maybe I'm more excited for the movie haha

And it's looking like that could help us get volume 2 green-lit. We were told there's some movement on that, just waiting for the word.
    I'm crossing my fingers. I want more.

Amazing Member

A volume two possibility is definitely great news!!! What would be even better is a DeLiz/Dillon monthly WW comic!

Hey, everyone, the next chapter (8.3) is going to be delayed by 2 weeks. Totally my fault. Super sorry about that. After that it will be back to weekly and in the meantime we'll have some neat previews. Can you ever forgive me?

Congratulations on your Eisner nomination, Ms. De Liz! Well deserved.
    YAY Thanks everyone!! Apparently it's the first Wonder Woman series to ever get a nomination, so grateful Diana gets this on her 75th anniversary! This whole project was always about Wonder Woman and raising her up, so if this wins, it would be just a great thing for her history.

That really looks like them

when I first saw mennalipe and antiope, it really took my mid back to legendofww. Most of ww comics we don't really see them often (the comics I read simone, rucka and azzarello).

I didn't knew legendofww was years in production, i assumed it started getting made like last year, when the script of the movie was already done.
    Now I can see it being more than coincidence. Now maybe I'm more excited for the movie haha

I pitched LoWW (under working title Wonder Woman: Origins) back in early 2013, so it was all planned out by then. At the time this book was to be the only other WW book out there aside from the main. There wasn't currently anything else with Etta, Steve, World War timelines, or focus on young Diana and her formative years. So I see a lot of similarities all over the place since that time on books/series/otherwise. It's all of course speculation and not confirmed, but I'm glad IF anything did lend to other versions. Etta and Steve in particular should be mainstays forever, dangit! And if that is truly Phillipus or other Amazons in the movie who train young Diana...that's just how it should be!

A volume two possibility is definitely great news!!! What would be even better is a DeLiz/Dillon monthly WW comic!
    I hope it works out! I got Vol. 2 all set to go (along with stories for Aquaman, Amazons, etc... fi. There would be more villains in this one as Diana gets settled into her role. I would love to know what and who you guys would like to see in the possible next arc.
    Last edited by Renae De Liz; 04-21-2016 at 12:21 AM. Reason: Typos, what I get for trying to post while holding a baby

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

Hey, everyone, the next chapter (8.3) is going to be delayed by 2 weeks. Totally my fault. Super sorry about that. After that it will be back to weekly and in the meantime we'll have some neat previews. Can you ever forgive me?

2 weeks of no The Legend of Wonder Woman? I'll be having withdrawals for sure!
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Renae De Liz View Post
    YAY Thanks everyone!! Apparently it's the first Wonder Woman series to ever get a nomination, so grateful Diana gets this on her 75th anniversary! This whole project was always about Wonder Woman and raising her up, so if this wins, it would be just a great thing for her history.

I pitched LoWW (under working title Wonder Woman: Origins) back in early 2013, so it was all planned out by then. At the time this book was to be the only other WW book out there aside from the main. There wasn't currently anything else with Etta, Steve, World War timelines, or focus on young Diana and her formative years. So I see a lot of similarities all over the place since that time on books/series/otherwise. It's all of course speculation and not confirmed, but I'm glad IF anything did lend to other versions. Etta and Steve in particular should be mainstays forever, dangit! And if that is truly Phillipus or other Amazons in the movie who train young Diana...that's just how it should be!

I hope it work out! I got Vol. 2 all set to go (along with stories for Aquaman, Amazons, etc... fi. There would be more villains in this one as Diana gets settled into her role. I would love to know what and who you guys who like to see in the possible next arc.

My wish list of villains for your next possible arc:

Cheetah(Priscilla Rich)
    Giganta(w/growing powers)
    Dr. Poison
    Queen Clea
    Baron Blitzkrieg
    Osira
    Gudra the Valkyrie
    Angle Man
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

No Legend of WW tomorrow? Well, that's a bummer.

I'd like to see the Baroness and Cheetah in Book Two.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Renae De Liz View Post
    I hope it work out! I got Vol. 2 all set to go (along with stories for Aquaman, Amazons, etc... fi. There would be more villains in this one as Diana gets settled into her role. I would love to know what and who you guys who like to see in the possible next arc.
    Some more revamped old school villains like the Duke of Deception would be lovely. Especially Cheetah (Priscilla) and the Baroness.

Hera would be nice. She is the archetype of the classic female villain (envious Evil Queen/in the New 52, even Wicked Stepmother). So it would be nice to have some layers and complexity for such an influential figure in mythology and storytelling, maybe in the vein of Cersei (from Game of Thrones). I know people are tiring of the Olympians but I don't think DC hasn't utilized Hera very well yet, not even in the Azarello run (though Cliff Chiang's redesign was exceptional and fitting).