Cheetah(Priscilla Rich)
    Giganta(w/growing powers)
    Dr. Poison
    Queen Clea
    Baron Blitzkrieg
    Osira
    Gudra the Valkyrie
    Angle Man
    Great list! Well, two (possibly three) of those are certain if I do another arc. One other is certain if I do an Amazon title.

I've noticed a lot of Sorceress type villains in WW's lineup (Circe, etc). If you guys had to pick just one of them, who would be the best? Who are villains you find overdone or overused?

Thanks to all of you for the input! I look forward to putting it to good use.

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Renae De Liz View Post
    Great list! Well, two (possibly three) of those are certain if I do another arc. One other is certain if I do an Amazon title.

I've noticed a lot of Sorceress type villains in WW's lineup (Circe, etc). If you guys had to pick just one of them, who would be the best? Who are villains you find overdone or overused?

Wow! Thank you for the compliment. I think it's great that you have your own passionate vision for the book yet are willing to take a few requests from fans. I think that is the key to a book's success.

As for my answer to your questions:

1.) My favorite sorceress villain for Wonder Woman is the Queen of Fables. I love her fairytale like origin and powers.

2.) As for which villains have been overused, I'd say recently, it's been the Olympians as sadly, they've basically been the only villains have have been pitted against Diana in the last 4 years. Whether it's the Ares, Hades, Artemis aka Moon, or Strife, Diana is usually tangling with one of them. Add to that fact that most of them are from public domain and I have very little interest in seeing Diana fight any of them again any time soon. Runner up goes to the new villains such as the First Born, the Morrigan, or the Olympian. Sadly, I'm sick of writers creating new villains for Diana while her classic rogues sit in limbo collecting dust. I'm not saying I never want to see Diana fight a new villain but I don't want to see that anytime soon.
    Last edited by Dr. Poison; 04-21-2016 at 03:50 AM.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

Queen Clea gets my vote, but really I'd love to see any of the original Villainy Inc. members. They were, for all purposes, Wonder Woman's Golden Age rogues gallery, and a lot of them just haven't been used enough. If you manage to at least squeeze in a Blue Snowman cameo... my heart would be yours forever.

Circe's definitely the best, and hasn't had a good story in quite a while. She's a villain that really needs to be elevated to a higher standing in comics, as it's so rare to find a female villain of her power levels. She should, IMO, be Wonder Woman's Darkseid/Thanos/Apocalypse.

Sorry, Doc Poison, I can't *stand* the Queen of Fables!

Amazing Member

[QUOTE=Nyssane;1956538]Queen Clea gets my vote, but really I'd love to see any of the original Villainy Inc. members. They were, for all purposes, Wonder Woman's Golden Age rogues gallery, and a lot of them just haven't been used enough. If you manage to at least squeeze in a Blue Snowman cameo... my heart would be yours forever.

This. Queen Clea definitely. Circe is a great villain (and I have a feeling will feature in the WW movie) but there are many others that need to see the light of day again, as Ms. DeLiz did with Duke of Deception.

Astonishing Member

An Eisner nom? *applause* Congratulations! Well deserved.

Now, fingers crossed in hopes of volume 2.

Quote Originally Posted by RAY DILLON View Post
    Hey, everyone, the next chapter (8.3) is going to be delayed by 2 weeks. Totally my fault. Super sorry about that. After that it will be back to weekly and in the meantime we'll have some neat previews. Can you ever forgive me?
    I buy the hard copy issues, since I'm already behind, I have no problem forgiving the wait. It's worth it.

But, the blonde Hippoltya? That I still do not forgive.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

The Priscilla Rich cameo in #19 (I'm way behind) makes it pretty obvious she's one of the two, right? So pumped if so, she seems cool from her brief appearance. I'm curious to see what she's going to be like in full Cheetah mode. Costume or werebeast?

The other one from that list...considering the setting, I'm guessing an old school Dr. Poison or Baron Bliztkrieg. And Giganta is the only one I can kind of see in an Amazon title.

New chapter is up now!

Also here's a preview of the cover for the final installment:

368694._SX640_QL80_TTD_.jpg

While we're at it, here's the complete collection of covers:

Legend-Of-Wonder-Woman-Cover-Art-Collect.jpg

I was sad to see spoilers:
    Priscilla meet her end... but maybe she can be saved like I assume Phillipus will eventually? Okay, yeah, probably not seeing as what had happened to her. I *loved* seeing Diana immediately ready to fight, even without her powers. Her bravery comes off so well in this series, even when she needs to be saved by a well-timed Pegasus. I wonder if Athena or Aphrodite is speaking through her, and that one of them will become her patron goddess rather than Zeus/the rest of the gods.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    I was sad to see spoilers:
    Priscilla meet her end... but maybe she can be saved like I assume Phillipus will eventually? Okay, yeah, probably not seeing as what had happened to her. I *loved* seeing Diana immediately ready to fight, even without her powers. Her bravery comes off so well in this series, even when she needs to be saved by a well-timed Pegasus. I wonder if Athena or Aphrodite is speaking through her, and that one of them will become her patron goddess rather than Zeus/the rest of the gods.
    end of spoilers
    Surely, you don't think that was the end for Priscilla? This is comics!
    “You see…the rest of them are soldiers. But [Wonder Woman] is an artist.”

I only support the made of clay origin.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Largo161 View Post
    Surely, you don't think that was the end for Priscilla? This is comics!
    If anything, it gives a way for her to return as the Cheetah. Only one more issue. :-( So much to wrap up in so short a time.

Quote Originally Posted by tardisoperator View Post
    If anything, it gives a way for her to return as the Cheetah. Only one more issue. :-( So much to wrap up in so short a time.
    Only one more? For the life of me I can't keep track of how many digital issues there are supposed to be. It does seem there's a lot to wrap up.

I'm pretty sure there's still three more issues?

The whole digital issue/chapter thing is super confusing to a lot of people. Here's how it breaks down in the way we created it:

270 page Graphic Novel

Broken down into:
    9 print issues. 30 pages of story each.

Broken down into:
    27 digital chapters (that they call issues sometimes) 20-pages each, but these are actually only 10 pages of story, cut in half to make 20 pages for the wide screen format. This is why you see the same cover for 3 chapters, then it changes to a new cover for 3 chapters, and so on.

Hope that makes a bit more sense.

So, there are 3 digital chapters left, 3 more weeks of new content.

In print there are 5 issues in stores now.

And you can pre-order the HARDCOVER collection here: http://amzn.to/1YdgP75

Quote Originally Posted by RAY DILLON View Post
    So, there are 3 digital chapters left, 3 more weeks of new content.

In print there are 5 issues in stores now.

And you can pre-order the HARDCOVER collection here: http://amzn.to/1YdgP75

OK, three more, yeah---that's what I had been thinking. I've purchased digital and print versions and will get the hardcover too. I have to support the only version of Wonder Woman out there that I actually recognize as Wonder Woman. Just my opinion.