Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Boing Boing Baggies. Baggie_Saiyan's Avatar

Default Robin:SOB #8 Preview.

Haven't seen a thread for this:

http://www.13thdimension.com/exclusi...n-of-batman-8/

Fill in issue. Great. Art looks good mind, might pick it up.
    "Yes...Mondo Cool"- Vegeta.

A fill-in is surprising here, but the timing isn't too bad. At least it's not in the middle of an arc. Guess that the solicited issue for January will be happening next month.

Quote Originally Posted by joybeans View Post
    A fill-in is surprising here, but the timing isn't too bad. At least it's not in the middle of an arc. Guess that the solicited issue for January will be happening next month.
    Gleason didn't pencil the Robin War issue did he? Wonder what he's doing that requires a two month break effectively.

BANNED

This is the second time in 2 months DC introduced a fill in team at the last moment,this is inexcusable. The plot could've at least been something other than "HA you just missed this from the recently concluded arc". Stuff like the former irritate me greatly and it has even driven me to cancel my subscription in the past. Besides Fawkes last issue was poor and this seems incredibly light on story,should've just given us a Talia story instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Baggie_Saiyan View Post
    Gleason didn't pencil the Robin War issue did he? Wonder what he's doing that requires a two month break effectively.
    Quote Originally Posted by darkseidpwns View Post
    This is the second time in 2 months DC introduced a fill in team at the last moment,this is inexcusable. The plot could've at least been something other than "HA you just missed this from the recently concluded arc". Stuff like the former irritate me greatly and it has even driven me to cancel my subscription in the past. Besides Fawkes last issue was poor and this seems incredibly light on story,should've just given us a Talia story instead.
    Turns out Gleason got sick over the holidays, so his work got bumped a month to give him time to catch up.

https://twitter.com/patrick_gleason/...11125869563904

Nothing wrong with a one-and-done story. If it's entertaining, it's entertaining.

D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

looking forward to the issue. As joybeans says if it's entertaining then it's all good. I'd rather let Gleason get the chance to catch up after being sick myself.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG

Turns out Gleason got sick over the holidays, so his work got bumped a month to give him time to catch up.

Nothing wrong with a one-and-done story. If it's entertaining, it's entertaining.
    Ahh, that explains it. Was hoping it was because he had something special planned. Anyway I agree if it's good then no problem but Ray Fawkes /: not a fan of his writing.

While I'm not a huge fan of Fawkes, it is just a one and done story it seems and I don't have a problem with it as long as it's a entertaining. We've had Damian do the bigger stories with the multi issue arc that started the series, and the crossover for Robin War. A one off tale about Damian and "The Bloodless Blade" could be fun before jumping back into the bigger stuff again with Talia, al Ghul family rivals and Bruce's return on the horizon. I wish Gleason was handling it, but what are you going to do, the guy was sick.

Hmm........

Sad news about his health issues, but in such case fill-in is preferable than a skip month, I think.

BANNED

Pleased to hear Gleason is getting well. As far as Fawkes is concerned I've found his inventory issues to be exceptionally thin and shallow.

BANNED

Gleason was sorely missed. I hope this book gets back on track fast.

Quote Originally Posted by darkseidpwns View Post
    Gleason was sorely missed. I hope this book gets back on track fast.
    I actually really liked this issue! Of course gleason was missed (DC's best superhero artist)

The art was colored really nicely, not really a fan of Bachs, but it worked well here.

What was so bad for you?

I was disappointed to see Gleason's name absent from the cover and didn't realize we were getting a fill-in after the Robin War crossover. The story was an unfortunate step backwards. Having another issue set during Damian's atonement after Gleason just wrapped that story up is not great for the book's momentum but at the same time; their hands were somewhat tied. I think Ray Fawkes did fine with what he was given and it was a fun little adventure that feels at home with previous issues. I also really enjoyed Ramon Bachs' artwork and agree that Mat Lopes did a wonderful job on the colors. I didn't expect to like anyone on this title besides Gleason but I was proven wrong. I'm happy to see Damian paired up with Nobody and Goliath again. They're one of my favorite teams in comics right now.

That said, Gleason is still missed here and I hope he's feeling better. I'm excited to see him return and pick his story back up. Goliath (and Damian for that matter, really) in Gotham should be fun!

Was ready to hate, but it was actually okay? I think that Gleason did make a solid premise with atonement and other writers can clearly pitch in. Either way looking forward to Gleason's return.

Having another issue set during Damian's atonement after Gleason just wrapped that story up is not great
    Well it might have been happening in the past and I got the feeling from ending of the first arc that atonement isn't over, its just that returning some of the items resulted in that bad guy getting back in power so now Damian is still returning these artifacts but at the same time will have to fight this new villain.