Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by Sandman55 View Post
    What exactly is going on in the first page? Loved the issue but couldn't quite figure that out.

Also is Stranegelt a typo?

Definitely one of the best issues of the series. Surprising to see a type on the first page though.
    I didnt' understand the first page either. Any thoughts anyone?

After that thing with Liv, I have a bad feeling that this new, "reborn" Batman is gonna start killing his villains. Maybe not, but I'd just hate it if that's the case.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by tib2d2 View Post
    Yea i just dont know. Seems to be some type of bomb maybe?

CBR got me like.. Maxpower00044's Avatar

It looks like a spotlight turning on. Maybe something to do with the bat symbol?

Actually, after some googling (Strangelet is the word. It's a typo) it's got to do with science. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Strangelet

In other words - I have no clue.
    Last edited by Maxpower00044; 01-21-2016 at 05:29 PM.

This is what i got from that link, strangelet is a hypothetical particle consisting of a bound state of roughly equal numbers of up, down, and strange quarks = Bruce is Bound to the Cowl/ "strange matter hypothesis" = JimBat.

Could this possibly be related to the "Batmanium" that was introduced several issues ago? It's a plotpoint that hasn't come back up yet and it's not very typical of Snyder to introduce something like that without plans for it later.

Mighty Member

The fist page ,it is the "Batmanium" particle machine that was introduced early on that the Powers company was working on. I think it was in the issue where Geri was about to fire Jim form the Batman project.
    Last edited by ZuLuLu; 01-22-2016 at 06:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Baggie_Saiyan View Post
    Did Greg's art feel off to anyone else or is it just me?
    There's one panel on page 10 that looks like it's ripped from a completely different comic, but other than that I though Capullo was as on point as always.

Quote Originally Posted by joybeans View Post
    Ah yes. Add another bean to the "Scott Snyder self-deprecation meta-commentary" counter.

Great issue. Say what you will about Snyder's monologues, but when he's on, he's on. This arc has really been a breath of fresh air, and it's worth getting temporary status quo changes like these just to explore some of the moments that would not happen otherwise.
    Definitely. That Bruce/Joker-conversation was pure dynamite. The one element of this issue that I didn't enjoy was JimBats being swept under the carpet to allow room for everything else, but it's a tiny flaw on a brilliant canvass of kickass.
    As of now:
    All-Star Batman, Batman, Doom Patrol, The Flash, The Fix, The Flintstones, Green Valley, Hadrian's Wall, The Hellblazer, Moonshine, New Super-Man, Suicide Squad, Superman, 'Tec, Unfollow

Nice article about the state of Batman and the latest issue with lots of quotes from Scott and Greg.

“This [story] really matters to me and [artist] Greg [Capullo]. But there’s always a part of you that’s like, ‘What if everybody hates it?’ — and you’re stuck with it for a year.”
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...tainment_pop_b

If you get blocked by the Post paywall, hitting the page via social media (e.g. these Twitter links) should let you in. >> the Post says they shut down the paywall completely for the storm.
    Last edited by heyevaxx; 01-22-2016 at 12:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by tib2d2 View Post
    Yeah, that was the only poor page in the book. All the rest was great stuff. Cover too. I enjoyed Bloom's and Joker's dialogue. The big BOOM misdirection was perfectly placed too. Joker's presence will feel probably even better with hindsight if it is revealed that he still possessed memory of his Joker existence.

I actually dont' remember Liv so some of that drama was lost on me without any reader reminders.

CBR Review.
    Last edited by Bookem Danno; 02-02-2016 at 08:43 AM. Reason: review link added