Page 1 of 26 1234511 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Default The All-Encompassing ARKHAM games thread

Batman: Arkham Asylum (2009)
    Batman: Arkham City (2011)
    Batman: Arkham Origins (2012)
    Batman: Arkham Knight (2014)

We had a topic for the Batman: Arkham games in the Batman section of the board and I think it needs another. I've only played Asylum and City and as a massive Batman fan, it was great seeing Batman get the quality in games the character and his universe deserves. Wish Knight was on the Xbox 360/PlayStation 3 like the previous games were.

Astonishing Member

My money is on Arkham Knight being a clone/the brain of the Joker.

Astonishing Member

I'd like to see Arkham Knight's identity take inspiration from Morrison's Three Ghosts of Batman arc.

Quote Originally Posted by Batman Begins 2005 View Post
    I'd like to see Arkham Knight's identity take inspiration from Morrison's Three Ghosts of Batman arc.
    To me Arkham Knight is just a new version of Lock Up.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by jump View Post
    My money is on Arkham Knight being a clone/the brain of the Joker.
    I dont see that happening. If its a character we have seen before, I'd say its someone more akin to a Jason Todd or Hush. I really think it should be a new character to the Batman Universe. Either way, I am very excited for the game. My only nitpick, is that I don't like the new batsuit for the game. It looks too techy, but from what I understand the reason for it is explaned in the game, so I'm not worried about it.

I've really enjoyed this series, but especially City. Orgins had an interesting story, but I kind of suck at fighting and had a much harder time with that in Orgins than City.

Asylum started it all off and was good, but feel like I get more bang for my buck with the larger open worlds to play around in.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by dahllaz View Post
    I've really enjoyed this series, but especially City. Orgins had an interesting story, but I kind of suck at fighting and had a much harder time with that in Orgins than City.

Asylum started it all off and was good, but feel like I get more bang for my buck with the larger open worlds to play around in.
    I have Arkham Asylum ahead of Arkham City preferring the smaller scale, story, predator gameplay and better amount of Riddler trophies. Arkham City's advantages were playable characters (please bring them back for Arkham Knight) and combat. Love both though. Never played Origins.

All-New Member

Asylum was so much fun and its my second favorite in the series, but I prefer the open world style of City and Origins. I think it adds to the feel that you are Batman and all of Gotham is your domain

Quote Originally Posted by DonnyMac27 View Post
    Asylum was so much fun and its my second favorite in the series, but I prefer the open world style of City and Origins. I think it adds to the feel that you are Batman and all of Gotham is your domain
    Overall, did you prefer City or Origins, taking into account everything like combat, movement, atmosphere, voice acting, and whatever else you can think of? I still haven't played Origins and I'm curious. My PS3 will be relegated to Netflix-only duty on our other tv soon so I need to play it and then get a PS4.

Incredible Member

I loved this series. Each of the three had a unique feel, but they all satisfied the same thirst for the formula the first one set up. It was just superbly intuitive and fun and easy to get lost in. It just 'felt right' on so many levels.

Even if it was the exact same game with no Batman (just a generic videogame guy) it would be one of my favourite videogame series of recent years.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingcrimsonprog View Post
    I loved this series. Each of the three had a unique feel, but they all satisfied the same thirst for the formula the first one set up. It was just superbly intuitive and fun and easy to get lost in. It just 'felt right' on so many levels.
    I think City is basically Asylum if its formula was carried out to its logical conclusion. It was the fulfillment of everything Asylum had the potential to be. Origins realizes this and doesn't try to reinvent the wheel. It provides just enough variation on the formula to be enjoyable in its own right. It seems like Knight could be very different from its predecessor and will probably deviate from the formula much more than Origins did.

My ranking goes City, Asylum, Origins, but I think that Asylum's story is the best and that City is the most successful at capturing what it's like to be Batman.
    Russia is cold, why can't Batman have a warm hat?

Spectacular Member swing kinker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jump View Post
    To me Arkham Knight is just a new version of Lock Up.
    I hope it actually is lock up. Seriously underused character

I really hope that Arkham Knight actually IS open-world this round, with lots of places to explore, as opposed to Arkham City which had a whole heap of same-ish streets, and only about four major locations that you could go (if you include the GCPD), which effectively ended up making is even more limited than Arkham Asylum, which let you explore almost everything that there was on the island.

The Arkham Knight himself is probably Jason Todd, if the Jensen Ackles rumor is true, anyway.

I'm surprised by how Scarecrow comes off here, considering how he was in Arkham Asylum.

Oh, and the graphics look out of this world.
    "If you're afraid - don't do it - and if you're doing it - don't be afraid!" - Genghis Khan

Default The All-Encompassing Batman: Arkham Knight Thread

The Official Batman: Arkham Knight Announcement Trailer:

I'm guessing almost everyone is peeing their pants in anticipation, amirite?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "If you're afraid - don't do it - and if you're doing it - don't be afraid!" - Genghis Khan