Page 1 of 16 1234511 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Default Breaking in From The 4th Wall! Gwenpool Appreciation

The_Unbelievable_Gwenpool_1_Cover.jpg
    at first i really had to say "....seriously? this crap is a monthly series now?!" when i discovered this had been announced however as more info surfaced and an interview with the writer popped up on marvel's website i started to become more accepting of gwenpool and her having her own series

for these reasons

1.She's an outsider from the real world who was sucked into the marvel universe somehow
    2.she believes everything is just a dream or some type of virtual reality nonsense so it's like no consequences? right...
    3.The Hopeless Loser Batroc The Leaper will be her mentor(why?...i can only assume its because he sees some of himself in her...somehow?)
    4.She's gonna come off as a psychotic nutbag to the characters around her and i wouldn't be surprised if she actually caught the attention of the punisher with all the bullets blazing(Unlikely but hey anything's possible)

but the best thing is probably

5.Dat Artwork! seriously! just looking at pages of her holiday story online makes me giddy to see what the actual series will look like once it debuts in april

Casual Comics Reader/Fan Londo Bellian's Avatar
    Space Colony "Londenion", Side 1 (in-character)

Gurihiru Studios is just killing it. I became a total fanatic for them after seeing Gurihiru'd Kamala in Gwenpool's Holiday Special.

So moe I'm gonna DIE.
    Genkai nante nai (No limits), Zettai nante nai (No absolutes)

Thank GOD for X'97. Cautious about "From the Ashes". Please no more Blue vs. Orange.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Londo Bellian View Post
    Gurihiru Studios is just killing it. I became a total fanatic for them after seeing Gurihiru'd Kamala in Gwenpool's Holiday Special.

So moe I'm gonna DIE.
    So More Moe...So Much Wow Doge

I'll admit it I was at first spektical. But after reading the holiday special and learning about her history Im pretty excited for her solo.
    "Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else."

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by theilikepie View Post
    I'll admit it I was at first spektical. But after reading the holiday special and learning about her history Im pretty excited for her solo.
    so am i! ^_^

BANNED

Another Gwen-Stacey book. She deserves it cos Spider-Gwen ongoing is the best-selling female ongoing solo from Marvel.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by RLAAMJR. View Post
    Another Gwen-Stacey book. She deserves it cos Spider-Gwen ongoing is the best-selling female ongoing solo from Marvel.
    to be fair though she isn't gwen stacy in the book she's a character named Gwen Poole so while she started as a gwen stacy/deadpool mixture on a variant cover the actual character herself isn't

BANNED

april 2016 solicits revealed today including the solicit for Gwenpool#1

Gwenpool #1
    CHRISTOPHER HASTINGS (W) • GURIHIRU (A/C)
    VARIANT COVER BY FRANCISCO HERRERA
    VARIANT COVER BY STACEY LEE
    hip-hop variant COVER by WOO DAE SHIM
    YOUNG VARIANT COVER BY SKOTTIE YOUNG
    ACTION FIGURE VARIANT COVER BY JOHN TYLER CHRISTOPHER
    VARIANT COVER BY TBA
    BLANK COVER ALSO AVAILABLE
    2015's overnight internet sensation takes center stage in her own ongoing series! Gwen Poole used to be a comic book reader just like you...until she woke up in a world where the characters she read about seemed to be real! But they can't be, right? This must all be fake, or a dream or something, right? And you know what that means...NO CONSEQUENCES! Could Gwenpool truly be Marvel's least responsible and least role-modely character to date? She can if she tries!
    40 PGS./Rated T ...$4.99

Quote Originally Posted by Chrysalis_Changling View Post
    april 2016 solicits revealed today including the solicit for Gwenpool#1

Gwenpool #1
    CHRISTOPHER HASTINGS (W) • GURIHIRU (A/C)
    VARIANT COVER BY FRANCISCO HERRERA
    VARIANT COVER BY STACEY LEE
    hip-hop variant COVER by WOO DAE SHIM
    YOUNG VARIANT COVER BY SKOTTIE YOUNG
    ACTION FIGURE VARIANT COVER BY JOHN TYLER CHRISTOPHER
    VARIANT COVER BY TBA
    BLANK COVER ALSO AVAILABLE
    2015's overnight internet sensation takes center stage in her own ongoing series! Gwen Poole used to be a comic book reader just like you...until she woke up in a world where the characters she read about seemed to be real! But they can't be, right? This must all be fake, or a dream or something, right? And you know what that means...NO CONSEQUENCES! Could Gwenpool truly be Marvel's least responsible and least role-modely character to date? She can if she tries!
    40 PGS./Rated T ...$4.99
    I cant wait till she meets deadpool. Too meta.

If she did read comic books in her own world does that mean she's one of the few people who know about secret wars?
    "Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else."

BANNED

not sure if they'll mention secret wars here

Quote Originally Posted by theilikepie View Post
    I cant wait till she meets deadpool. Too meta.

If she did read comic books in her own world does that mean she's one of the few people who know about secret wars?
    Yeah, I'm thinking this Gwen Poole is one of those things leaking out of Space-Time mentioned elsewhere.

Guru on art, Hastings writing,I'm kinda interested in this.

Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

I'll definitely try it, just not sure I'd be a regular reader of it, wait and see I guess.

Am I the only one who recognizes that this whole "real person in the comic world" concept has been done before in fiction many times? There's Comix Zone for the Sega Genesis, Saban's short-lived Beetleborgs series from the 90s, and also Viewtiful Joe (which is for movies but still the same thing).

To me, this is just Marvel saying "Oh, no, this isn't Gwen Stacy at all, even though she's clearly part of our recent campaign to shove Gwen Stacy into everything. Ain't it clever?"
    She is Kamala Khan... The Magnificent Ms. Marvel!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Myetche View Post
    Am I the only one who recognizes that this whole "real person in the comic world" concept has been done before in fiction many times? There's Comix Zone for the Sega Genesis, Saban's short-lived Beetleborgs series from the 90s, and also Viewtiful Joe (which is for movies but still the same thing).

To me, this is just Marvel saying "Oh, no, this isn't Gwen Stacy at all, even though she's clearly part of our recent campaign to shove Gwen Stacy into everything. Ain't it clever?"
    none of this would have happened if people didn't instantly cling to gwenpool's design and cosplay as her by the hundreds...

marvel just reacted by doing what made sense...giving this character a book a character that people liked the appearance of so much just from a variant cover that they started cosplaying as her at various conventions