Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Myetche View Post
    Am I the only one who recognizes that this whole "real person in the comic world" concept has been done before in fiction many times? There's Comix Zone for the Sega Genesis, Saban's short-lived Beetleborgs series from the 90s, and also Viewtiful Joe (which is for movies but still the same thing).

To me, this is just Marvel saying "Oh, no, this isn't Gwen Stacy at all, even though she's clearly part of our recent campaign to shove Gwen Stacy into everything. Ain't it clever?"
    I've never heard of Beetleborgs or Viewtiful Joe, so I still wouldn't mind Marvel doing it this time around.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by jackolover View Post
    I've never heard of Beetleborgs or Viewtiful Joe, so I still wouldn't mind Marvel doing it this time around.
    Big Bad Beetleborgs was a saturday morning show on Foxkids in the 90's and viewtiful joe was a game published by capcom

Quote Originally Posted by Myetche View Post
    Comix Zone for the Sega Genesis
    I

LOVE

COMIX ZONE.

Played it so many times. I love that the whole game plays in like 45 minutes - such an amazing de-stressor.

I'd call it my favorite Sega game of all time if it weren't for the existence of Kid Chameleon.

*cough* *snort* uh, I mean -

Gwenpool! Yeah!

She seems fun.

-Pav, who is cool with goofiness...
    You were Spider-Man then. You and Peter had agreed on it. But he came back right when you started feeling comfortable.
    You know what it means when he comes back

"You're not the better one, Peter. You're just older."
    --------------------
    Closet full of comics? Consider donating to my school! DM for details

I played Comix Zone (fun, creative, and tough as hell!)
    Viewtiful Joe I love as well playing all of his games and having Viewtiful Joe one and two soundtracks. (Henshin A go-go baby!)

Sad both series stopped (Viewtiful Joe 2 was such a fun game plus promised at the end that "one more big threat was left.")

Gwen-Pool's art in the special was wonderful and it was among the better tales (the Hawkeye/Deadpool and the Gwen-Pool tales was the most enjoyable). I also collect all the Gwen Variants covers for fun thus I have her cover as well and I pull Howard the Duck and her tale there was enjoyable (preferred the art on the Christmas special version).

Mostly likely will get her issue one and decide if I will follow or not from that. A fan who thinks she dreaming everything up can be interesting, funny, frightening, and go in any direction.

BANNED

hopefully this book doesn't trip over it's own feet like spider-gwen did

BANNED

GWENPOOL #0
    CHRISTOPHER HASTINGS (W)
    DANILO BEYRUTH & GURIHIRU (A)
    Cover by DANILO BEYRUTH
    VARIANT COVER BY CHRIS BACHALO
    • “Who is Gwenpool, and where did she come from?” Ever since she made a splash in her first cover appearance, those have been the questions on everyone’s lips as they lounge about, sipping from a tropical beverage!
    • Now, get all three of the original Gwenpool backup stories from HOWARD THE DUCK #1-3 featuring Ms. Poole’s first appearance and her battle alongside our favorite private duck in one convenient package!
    • Plus: See Gwen’s first Xmas in the Marvel Universe, and the guy she killed to mark the occasion!
    48 PGS./Rated T+ …$4.99

GWENPOOL #2
    CHRISTOPHER HASTINGS (W) • GURIHIRU (A)
    Cover by STACEY LEE
    VARIANT COVER BY Reilly Brown
    • Gwen finds herself unexpectedly working for a big-deal mercenary outfit...
    • And she takes a gig pitting her head-to-head against THOR!
    • It’s the Goddess of Thunder vs. the Oddest of Wonders!
    32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99

BANNED

it's getting close...whose ready?

Haven't seen a bigger waste of a new character since Hit Monkey. Just kill her off or cancel the title.
    Last edited by mysterio1989; 03-11-2016 at 12:11 PM.

BANNED

seems like this topic got off track fast

You know I still don't get why they made this character in the first place, this weird combo of Spidergwen and Deadpool, however I like the art for the previews I've seen. Maybe I'll code trade the first issue but other then that I really don't see me reading a lot of her unless she meets up with Deadpool.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

BANNED

probably to have a character who can reference weird moments in comics and using her outside knowledge of marvel comics to tackle her enemies

i cant see this lasting past 6 issues tbh. just because people like cosplaying as the character doesn't mean actual fleshed out comics about her will get near the same response. for those interested in this, i hope i'm wrong, but i dont see that as a real possibility.
    Current Pull List:
    DC (Rebirth): All-Star Batman, Aquaman, Batman, Detective Comics, Green Lanterns, Justice League
    Marvel: Amazing Spider-Man, Black Panther, Black Widow, Daredevil, Moon Knight, Ms. Marvel, Power Man and Iron Fist, Spider-Gwen
    Image: The Walking Dead
    Dark Horse: Dept-H

Titles that I wish I could afford to also follow
    All-New All-Different Avengers, Scooby Apocalypse

BANNED

Man they are milking this Deadpool niche to the ground, Marvel thinks a comicbook protagonist version of South Park and the Simspsons is a good media. Why don't they do this sorta meta thing for a character who's actually a slapstick character like Howard the Duck