Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast

Apparently, Gwen has taken over the Comics Code Authority.

This book is becoming really good... cant believe she used to have some hate at the start

Astonishing Member DieHard200904's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PSJ View Post
    This book is becoming really good... cant believe she used to have some hate at the start
    Well, she was viewed as a ripoff of other characters at the time. Either way, I saw her as a joke or parody anyways, and its all good.

Yeah, most of the haters actually haven't read the book and think she's just another Gwen Stacy.

LOVED #18. Hastings is really exploring some fascinating meta terrain, and Gurihiru are clearly having the time of their lives. Loved the first letter in Gwen's P.O.OL.E. - Gwen really is a postmodern superhero, and these past few issues have deftly explored the life of the kind of person (to whom many of us can probably relate) who would find the experience of suddenly waking up in the Marvel universe liberating, rather than terrifying. Great, even thought-provoking stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Yeah, most of the haters actually haven't read the book and think she's just another Gwen Stacy.
    Most people like to comment on books they don't read.
    I read Spider-Gwen, GwenPool, and many others and plenty of times while I'm in the comicbook store(s) I'll hear a false comments from somebody who is making assumptions or hating yet never opened a series I read once or bother looking up facts from far more reliable sources from the internet at least.

I'm really enjoying this current storyline in the series. The writer and artist has done a fantastic job with Gwen Poole.

People might comment badly about many characters that came about within the past 1-10 years but really characters that came from 60 years ago or just yesterday that doesn't matter as much as the writers and artists. How they might of started behind the scenes isn't important as the quality that can be done by writers and artists.

Yeah, so what if Gwen's origins are from a character mash-up variant cover. If she was a bad concept, she wouldn't have made it to 20 issues.

I just discovered this series and I'm loving it. Hilarious. Reminds me a lot more of Harley Quinn then Deadpool, really.

Apparently, Gwen has taken over the Comics Code Authority.
    HA!!!!!! That is a HILARIOUS cover!!!!!!
    It would have made a brilliant main cover or variant in this current arc.

Just read #19. It blew my mind - in a way. Tryin' to process her overlapping timeline... My brain is in some pain. It feels so good.

Someone's going to have to fix her Wikipedia entry after this one. She looks bitchin' in an evil cape. But yeah, someone's going to have to do something to her to literalogically keep her around in the mainstream MU. Her uneditted existence would give Uatu brain trauma too.

Being a devoted Marvel reader, Gwenpool sees IT as Harley Quinn

The art for this one is by Paul Shinn

Astonishing Member

Man, this week's issue was great. And really fun overall. It is a really fun introspecting view of both Gwenpool and comics as a whole.

Love the reconciling between her and umm you know who.

I really liked this week's issue of Gwenpool. I love comics that break the fourth-wall by manipulating the parts that make up a comic like the speech/thought bubbles, text boxes, panel borders and pages.
    “Somewhere, in our darkest night, we made up the story of a man who will never let us down.”

- Grant Morrison on Superman

This week's Gwenpool#20, was a (metatextual) joy to read and satisfying way to end the story arc in this ongoing medium that (intrinsically) can never end for Gwenpool. The art was wonderful. To be honest, at this point, I am lost as to what origin Gwen believes she has and what readers are expected to acknowledge as MU canon.

However, moving forward, having reality altering powers very possibly could prove to be a deal-breaker problem when it comes to selling this book to happy fans. Just ask Kobik.
    20_medium.jpg

Primer:

Weird seeing her in that art style.

Primer:

Weird seeing her in that art style.
    I love this so much. Gwenpool is the one Marvel comic I'm really enjoying.

Did Gwenpool have any adventures that I should check out besides her series, the specials, and #0?
    Valiant- X-O Manowar / Bloodshot Salvation / Ninja-K / Quantum and Woody! / Shadowman / Harbinger Wars II / Brittania
    DC- Justice League / Hal Jordan and the GLC / The Flash / Aquaman / Mera / Mister Miracle / Silencer / The Terrifics
    Other- The Walking Dead / Mighty Morphin Power Rangers / Go Go Power Rangers