Super Moderator

Default X-Men TV Show "Legion" Looks Likely for Series Pickup, Set in Parallel Universe

FX Network CEO says the network is excited about the way the show's developing, but that it won't cross over with the "X-Men" films.

Full article here.

Time for Dissection FlashingSabre's Avatar

I have almost no interest in this if its not connected to the movies.
    Cyclops was right

Fantastic Member SchismOfMadroces's Avatar

Good news that this isn't tied to the movies. No reason there can't be two separate continuities, and that leaves this one free to do its own thing without having to worry about bowing down and being beholden to movie continuity.

The one good thing is that it might mean we'll get tv versions of some X-Men. Other than that, I haven't seen anything yet to make me interested in the show beyond just seeing how it turns out.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by FlashingSabre View Post
    I was just going to say this.

Maybe we will get actual costumes. There is a potential that we could see some of the better lesser known heroes in this. Cannonball, Chamber, Armor...

Mighty Member

I am excited about the show and will definitely keep an eye out for it. I am not too disappointed with the show not being connected to the movies.

A good chunk of the X-Movies are really, really good, but tbh they never made sense as an overarching narrative. It's not the cohesive story MCU, DCCU, or Star Wars have or are aiming for.

Part of me will always wonder what the live-action X-Universe would look like if Marvel had the license or if Marvel/Fox had a Marvel/Sony-type deal. And yes, part of me thinks that we might not have gotten the character depth from First Class and DoFP, but a big part of me also thinks the X-Universe would have been so much cooler overall...

The news about this show and the way the Hellfire show kind of fell apart does nothing to change my mind...

Extraordinary Member Divine Spark's Avatar

This sounds like Ultimate X-Men.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by FlashingSabre View Post
    It says Parallel Universe,so they always could go the xmen movie one,so in a way it's connected.
    Think of the new star trek movies with younger kirk or spock or ultimate marvel and 616 marvel,or the main dc universe and earth 2 like the new flash show or dc comics.

Astonishing Member PretenderNX01's Avatar

I guess with the movies maybe rebooting they don't want to tie it in too closely in case the continuity changes?

I dunno, I hear "Legion" and think "Legion of Superheroes"

I'm still not entirely sold about a series based on Legion. Then again, I said the same thing about the Supergirl show and that completely exceeded my expectations. The difference is that I don't think Fox has been very consistent in handling the X-men movies to say the least. Them doing a TV show sounds like it could make things much worse. And with other shows already crowding the market, I wouldn't be surprised if this just got swallowed up.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Spectacular Member

Regardless of parallel universe -- I'd be very surprised if Hellfire club or Legion ever aired.