Super Moderator

Default FX Ceo Says There's "A Scrum of Interest" Around "Y the Last Man" Show

Brian K. Vaughan will have his pick of a partner from a "number of producers and writers" as he brings his classic series to television.

Full article here.

Quote Originally Posted by CBR News View Post
    Brian K. Vaughan will have his pick of a partner from a "number of producers and writers" as he brings his classic series to television.

Full article here.
    Hbo would be better.

Astonishing Member AndrewCrossett's Avatar

Gotta be R rated, and gotta follow the book story (although extra storylines can be added if BKV approves).

Otherwise, not interested. I'm looking for an actual adaptation of the story I liked, not a fanfic like Preacher.

It is insane how long Y: The Last Man has been stuck in development hell. I can't think of too many comics that are more fit for TV. I hope that with BKV holding the rights once more, he can make it happen. Between the Walking Dead and Preacher, the time couldn't be better for Y: The Last Man to succeed.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Fun-Eating Devil The Beast Of Yucca Flats's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by saul_on_the_road_to_damascus View Post
    Hbo would be better.
    Well, The Americans, Justified, Fargo, or Sons Of Anarchy weren't/aren't exactly piddlyshit, be it in terms of prestige or what they can/could depict. At most, a Y on FX couldn't show any frontal nudity or say "****" or "****" (or the variations).

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Beast Of Yucca Flats View Post
    Well, The Americans, Justified, Fargo, or Sons Of Anarchy weren't/aren't exactly piddlyshit, be it in terms of prestige or what they can/could depict. At most, a Y on FX couldn't show any frontal nudity or say "****" or "****" (or the variations).
    Yeah, holy crap the stuff the Sons did...

Would love to see Joss Whedon and Melissa Rosenberg contribute to this in any way.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewCrossett View Post
    Gotta be R rated, and gotta follow the book story (although extra storylines can be added if BKV approves).

Otherwise, not interested. I'm looking for an actual adaptation of the story I liked, not a fanfic like Preacher.
    Why? Other than not being able to show the nudity of the women who cut off their breasts I don't recall anything that would require a R rating.

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    Would love to see Joss Whedon and Melissa Rosenberg contribute to this in any way.
    Whedon isn't outside the realm of possibility. It would be returning the favor from when BKV wrote an arc of the Buffy comic a few years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by JediMindTrick View Post
    Why? Other than not being able to show the nudity of the women who cut off their breasts I don't recall anything that would require a R rating.
    The comic was full of very adult themes. It needs to be on a network that wouldn't be concerned with "family friendliness."

But, of course, this all hinges on the unlikely assumption that a TV show would resemble the comic. It won't. They never do.

Fun-Eating Devil The Beast Of Yucca Flats's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewCrossett View Post
    The comic was full of very adult themes. It needs to be on a network that wouldn't be concerned with "family friendliness."
    The network that's done The Shield and It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia cares about "family friendliness"?
    Last edited by The Beast Of Yucca Flats; 01-18-2016 at 08:44 AM.

If FX can maintain the tone of the story, then good for them. But I won't be watching this unless Vaughan has full creative control.