Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Time for Dissection FlashingSabre's Avatar

I'm still loving it, and an still holding out hope for the return of 20 something, law abiding superhero Wally West.
    Cyclops was right

BANNED

I miss Garth's curly hair.

I still don't understand how this fits with Donna's very recent birth from clay at the hands of an eeeeevil Amazon witch lady. She shouldn't have any past to be remembering. Plus, she's a man-murdering psychopath, so there's that too.

I really want to love this series being a long-time fan of the original Perez-Wolfman team, but it's just so... bland.

Hopefully with the cut in issue numbers the plot can start to actually advance and the characters can stop being all "-whu? how I know you? me angry! d'urr."

double post somehow

I liked Roy and Donna together in their early Titans day and this was cool to see again.
    However, I prefer Mal Duncan as The Guardian and disappointed they're sticking with the Hornblower/Herald direction.
    "History of the DC Universe" by Wolfman and Perez, when the DCU use to make sense.

Overall im still enjoying this book but I'm really gonna be disappointed if the forgotten Titan is just Don Hall. I don't think anyone will be excited if the mysterious character is just Dove. It would've been a lot more fun to see Dick change back into Nightwing if the New 52 version of the costume wasn't such an eye sore. The blue and black costume with the lines down the arms was one of the best costumes ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Herowatcher View Post
    I liked Roy and Donna together in their early Titans day and this was cool to see again.
    However, I prefer Mal Duncan as The Guardian and disappointed they're sticking with the Hornblower/Herald direction.
    I would have definitely preferred Mal to be The Guardian. The original Herald was one of the worst gimmicks ever. Though Abnett is making it a bit more interesting. Having a person use all types of music as a weapon. Kind of like the Greek mythological character Orpheus. Mal seems to also have an otherworldly singing voice.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    Overall im still enjoying this book but I'm really gonna be disappointed if the forgotten Titan is just Don Hall. I don't think anyone will be excited if the mysterious character is just Dove. It would've been a lot more fun to see Dick change back into Nightwing if the New 52 version of the costume wasn't such an eye sore. The blue and black costume with the lines down the arms was one of the best costumes ever.

I would have definitely preferred Mal to be The Guardian. The original Herald was one of the worst gimmicks ever. Though Abnett is making it a bit more interesting. Having a person use all types of music as a weapon. Kind of like the Greek mythological character Orpheus. Mal seems to also have an otherworldly singing voice.
    I have to agree on the Don part... I don't think anyone but die-hard classic Hawk and Dove fans would be excited about that, plus you'd have 2 Doves at the same time and be ignoring how Don was unressurectable in Blackest Night. SO I have to say I dont think its him. I am however hoping that it turns out to be one of the later NTT core members, like Beast Boy who was also on the first team, or Cyborg whos been around the whole time, if not Wally in some shape or form.

Using soundwaves and vibrations however... there seems to be alot of that going around allready.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravyn View Post
    I still don't understand how this fits with Donna's very recent birth from clay at the hands of an eeeeevil Amazon witch lady. She shouldn't have any past to be remembering. Plus, she's a man-murdering psychopath, so there's that too.

I really want to love this series being a long-time fan of the original Perez-Wolfman team, but it's just so... bland.

Hopefully with the cut in issue numbers the plot can start to actually advance and the characters can stop being all "-whu? how I know you? me angry! d'urr."
    I think in light of this story we have to start looking at the Finch's story as a resurrection, rather than a birth.

Extraordinary Member

Overall im still enjoying this book but I'm really gonna be disappointed if the forgotten Titan is just Don Hall. I don't think anyone will be excited if the mysterious character is just Dove. It would've been a lot more fun to see Dick change back into Nightwing if the New 52 version of the costume wasn't such an eye sore. The blue and black costume with the lines down the arms was one of the best costumes ever
    Ugh, god, I know right. I mean, how could they change it from this:

to this:

I mean, it is soooooooooooooooo different. They changed it from blue to RED, for god's sake!! Is NOTHING sacred????

Quote Originally Posted by Zeeguy91 View Post
    Ugh, god, I know right. I mean, how could they change it from this:

to this:

I mean, it is soooooooooooooooo different. They changed it from blue to RED, for god's sake!! Is NOTHING sacred????
    damn, sarcasm meter overload.

it's not just the red to blue, which on its own is still a step backwards, it's all the pointless lines that plagued many of the New 52 costumes. the blue stripe down the arm to the 2 middle fingers was a super cool look as well.

Extraordinary Member

it's not just the red to blue, which on its own is still a step backwards
    How so? Its blue to red. Not blue to chartreuse.

it's all the pointless lines that plagued many of the New 52 costumes.
    I really don't see too many unnecessary lines on Rightwing's costume. Plus, Nightwing's is one of the few ones where it actually looks good.

the blue stripe down the arm to the 2 middle fingers was a super cool look as well.
    Okay. Point taken. I agree. It doesn't make the current look ugly, though.

it's not just the red to blue, which on its own is still a step backwards, it's all the pointless lines that plagued many of the New 52 costumes. the blue stripe down the arm to the 2 middle fingers was a super cool look as well.
    Nightwing needs the finger stripes and get rid of the blades on the wrist. Those are unnecessary and so are the lines on the boots, neck, and wrists.

He needs the blue, it makes the costume pop and the color has been in his design since it's beginnings.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics