Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Rachel turned into Ahab's baby momma by Marvel. Disgusting.

Default I cannot accept nu616 Miles Morales

He's a completely new character in all but name, looks and powers. All the awesome stuff that built him up in the UU is gone, his memories have been altered, his origin is lost, his Uncle Ben moment is lost (he even forgot the lesson from it) and most of his cast like Ultimate Jessica Drew, Kate Bishop, Mary Jane, Gwen and the such are mia.

This is not the Miles I became a fan of. It's just Marvel's poor attempt in placing Miles in 616 while dropping everything that helped make him amazing.

In my opinion they failed to remember why Miles was so awesome in their blind push to shove him into nu616 and burning the UU.

Shame as so much of their other media stuff is inspired by UU like those Movies.
    Last edited by Sardorim; 01-15-2016 at 12:21 AM.

Incredible Member Highland Chicken's Avatar

To be fair, his ongoing hasn't dropped yet, so there might be explanations coming.
    On the other hand, Bendis.
    "I can talk to spiders"
    - Kaine Parker

I haven't read any Miles, so I'm kinda commenting blind here. If they have altered the character so much, I wonder why they bothered to bring the Ultimate version over, rather than just make him as the 616 Miles.

Bendis seems like as good an explanation as any though...

Incredible Member

You could wait for the in-story explanation before burning the crosses. All we know is that he gave the Molecule Man a burger and he's now part of nu616. I'm sure the ongoing will reveal more. It will be another thing if it is unsatisfactory though.

BANNED

Did he lose his memories?

Ultimate Member

We don't know what happened yet...

Let's wait for the title to start before we conclude.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Rahul View Post
    You could wait for the in-story explanation before burning the crosses.
    This. First issue hasn't even been released yet. While it would've been nice to have Miles continue in his own universe, I'm excited about the possibilities of having him as a part of the main Marvel U. At the very least, I'll give the book a shot and see how I like it before making a decision on whether it was a good or bad move.

the first issue hasn't even came out yet. we have no idea what all is going on with Miles yet. to leap to such conclusions though...wow. just wow.

Quote Originally Posted by Moriarty View Post
    the first issue hasn't even came out yet. we have no idea what all is going on with Miles yet. to leap to such conclusions though...wow. just wow.
    Blimey, I assumed from first posting that they had been a run of 12 issues where Miles had been written totally out of character.

Mind you..give it time it (being written differently from original personality) happens to any really successful character. Might as well save time by getting the complaint in early.

I don't see why he would need amnesia. No reason to throw out the baby with the bathwater. Glad it is just suspicions. So far.

Miles was a boring character from the beggining, so this changes are not a lost thing to upgrate this pretender.

He was an interesting character before he regularly interacted with Peter Parker's supporting cast, so he should be able to survive the transition.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Astonishing Member Dispenser Of Truth's Avatar

Unless the Avengers book revealed something, we know literally nothing about his circumstances aside from that he changed residences and his mom's alive. This is borderline parody.
    Buh-bye

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sardorim View Post
    He's a completely new character in all but name, looks and powers. All the awesome stuff that built him up in the UU is gone.
    Awesome stuff? You mean the 7 times he beat every villain with just his venom blast and that was it? Because I cant stand him in general. Other than his civilian life, Miles is a bland spider-man

I feel ya: the unreleased comic that nobody has read yet already disappoints me. I hate when that happens.

Now I cant even get my money back for the book I haven't paid for.