View Poll Results: Which Villain do you want.

Voters
29. You may not vote on this poll
  • Green Goblin (again)

1 3.45%
  • Dr. Octopus (again)

2 6.90%
  • Kraven The Hunter

13 44.83%
  • Vulture

6 20.69%
  • Venom (again)

2 6.90%
  • Chameleon.

4 13.79%
  • Black Cat.

7 24.14%
  • Lizard (Again)

0 0%
  • Electro (Again)

0 0%
  • Sandman (Again)

1 3.45%
  • Carnage

2 6.90%
  • Rhino (Again)

0 0%
  • Hobgoblin.

1 3.45%
  • Shocker.

2 6.90%
  • Other.

7 24.14%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    uh. Care to rephrase?
    Mayday's world lines up very well with the aesthetics of the Sam Raimi Spider-Man films. If a Spider-Verse movie ever happened (which, let's be honest, would be a long-shot), it would make sense if Tobey Maguire appeared as Mayday's father.

Extraordinary Member Doctor Know's Avatar

My top 3

Don't really care who it is. Just want a great Spidey movie for once.

They should pick a villain who hasn't been done in one of the previous films (also- no Goblins and no symbiotes), and who matches the story they're telling with Peter Parker. If it's a generational clash, Vulture makes sense. If Peter has trouble making sense of the world, Mysterio's the ideal choice. If Peter doesn't know who he can trust, Chameleon could work. If a villain with raw power makes thematic sense for the film, Shocker could be the bad guy. If a team of villains is the best threat for Peter's story, the Sinister Syndicate could be effective. As a bonus, it allows for a Superior Foes spinoff and appearances in other media, while differing from the bad guys in the first five films.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    Mayday's world lines up very well with the aesthetics of the Sam Raimi Spider-Man films. If a Spider-Verse movie ever happened (which, let's be honest, would be a long-shot), it would make sense if Tobey Maguire appeared as Mayday's father.
    I think Hypestyle meant that you phrased it so that Mayday would be the daughter of Raimi and Maguire.

BANNED

Something cool and fresh other than the nostalgic villians rouges who to me have been aged poorly and really don't reflect a modern age that automatically touches on how dangerous they can be t Spider-Man, so I say they make up a new villian with a new tie to the Spiderman verse.

Kravens last hunt or bust
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    I'd love to see it but do not think it would work well for the first new movie.

I think Mysterio would be a great choice. Don't think many people would want a goblin or mysterio repeat. A lot of his other villains are too generic. I think Mysterio would be a great choice.

I'd love to see Kraven or a combination of Chameleon and Kraven but I'm not sure if they'd be great to lead off with. Besides that, definitely Mysterio. Scorpion would be interesting also, as his origins was as a anti-Spider-Man bought by JJJ kind of deal.
    ♪ღ♪*•.¸¸¸.•*¨ ¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪ღ♪¸.•*¨ ¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪ღ♪•*

♪ღ♪░NORAH░WINTERS░FOR░SPIDER-WAIFU░♪ღ♪

*•♪ღ♪*•.¸¸¸.•*¨ ¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪¸.•*¨ ¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪ღ♪•«

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Tron View Post
    I'd love to see it but do not think it would work well for the first new movie.
    IDK, this is an already active Spider-Man this time... not another origin story. I think it could work
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Mild-Mannered Reporter BlitheringToot's Avatar

Kraven (with Sean Bean ideally playing the role), Vulture (John Malkovich), Mysterio (Rainn Wilson) and Chameleon (Gary Oldman) all deserve a shot, preferably the former three so Marvel can FINALLY start setting up a proper Sinister Six movie, bringing in Sandman (Dominic Purcell), Electro (Corin Nemec) and Doctor Octopus (Karl Urban on six weeks of the milk-and-cookies diet).

I'd also love to see the Scorpion at some point. I'd be happy with Derek Mears, Will Arnett, Timothy Olyphant or even Vin Diesel playing Mac.
    "What would you prefer? Yellow spandex?" – Scott Summers, 2000

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    I think Kraven's Last Hunt doesn't work as a first film. I think it would work best if we had Kraven as a minor villain for Spidey to trash in a film or two. Almost like a cameo. Then in a sequel, Kraven can return and we can get a KLH type film.

(Which would be one of the darker films Marvel Studios produces.)

Astonishing Member

Mysterio would be my choice.
    Would be great for special effects scenes and could be a way to more villains apearing by being Mysterio illusions.

formerly 'saucemaster' saucemaster's Avatar

Boomerang
    Shocker
    Speed Demon
    Overdrive
    Beetle (Janice Lincoln)
    "we're all some kind of noise. be the good kind"
    . Ms. Marvel . Saga . ASM .

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

Preferably, I'd love it if they went the Spectacular Spider-Man route and have both Norman and Otto appear, but not as villains off the bat. Have them be responsible for the creations of someone like the Vulture. Have the Scorpion and Kraven in the second movie. And finally, Otto turns into Doc Ock in the third. Play it right and Sony could even finally get their Sinister Six.
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.