View Poll Results: Which Villain do you want.

Voters
29. You may not vote on this poll
  • Green Goblin (again)

1 3.45%
  • Dr. Octopus (again)

2 6.90%
  • Kraven The Hunter

13 44.83%
  • Vulture

6 20.69%
  • Venom (again)

2 6.90%
  • Chameleon.

4 13.79%
  • Black Cat.

7 24.14%
  • Lizard (Again)

0 0%
  • Electro (Again)

0 0%
  • Sandman (Again)

1 3.45%
  • Carnage

2 6.90%
  • Rhino (Again)

0 0%
  • Hobgoblin.

1 3.45%
  • Shocker.

2 6.90%
  • Other.

7 24.14%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    The Man Without Fear. Batman#22's Avatar

Default Which Villain do you want in the next Spider-Man movie?

Now that Sony is now sharing the rights with Marvel/Disney, which villain would you like to be in the next movie. Personally I think it's going to be a tough choice because most of the villains have already been put in the first five so I'll make the already used villains as options.
    I plan on dying tonight!!!
    (Punches himself in the nose and cause bleeding)
    ... how about you?

BANNED

While it'll be argued that the older villains get seniority, I'd love to see Mister Negative and his Inner Demons. Maybe include Mysterio.

The Man Without Fear. Batman#22's Avatar

I want Mysterio, Scorpion, and Vulture to make it into a movie one day. Naturally not all at once since SM3 taught us that 3 villains are too many for one film. But just space it out with the new trilogy. Most importantly, they have got to make a Kraven's Last Hunt movie. I would also like a new Doc Ock since we haven't had one in over a decade. I'm getting sick of Goblins, but if they do decide to go that route, I want Green Goblin with Spandex costume and Latex mask. They need to get his appearance right for once.
    I plan on dying tonight!!!
    (Punches himself in the nose and cause bleeding)
    ... how about you?

BANNED

Mysterio isn't one of the options in the poll, but I'm fine with that since the options I would go with are in the poll anyway.

I think they've made it clear that they won't be using a movie that's already appeared on-screen before. Maybe you could go with someone who was only in one movie, though I'm going against the Goblins. Even though Hobgoblin is outside of that and has yet to be in a movie, I'm worried that using Hobgoblin would feel too similar to the Green Goblin to most people. Of the ones that don't have the (Again) qualifier, while I like Carnage, I think his story would either require a repeat of Venom, or as with Hobgoblin, even if you skip Venom, people might think there are only surface similarities. So, I'll leave it at Kraven and Chameleon as my top picks. Chameleon because he's one of Peter's first big villains, and Kraven because he's been rumored, and I'd like them to at least set up Kraven's Last Hunt in some way.

I always thought Morlun would make a good villain for a movie. He's dangerous and can find Spidey everywhere in the world once he makes physical contact with him.

I'd prefer it to be more along the lines of Coming Home than The Other, but with some differences throughout the movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Turlast View Post
    I always thought Morlun would make a good villain for a movie. He's dangerous and can find Spidey everywhere in the world once he makes physical contact with him.

I'd prefer it to be more along the lines of Coming Home than The Other, but with some differences throughout the movie.
    I'd wait for a few years with Morlun.

I wouldn't mind Morlun in a Spider-Verse film, bringing back Tobey Maguire, Kirsten Dunst, Andrew Garfield, Emma Stone (as Spider-Gwen) and maybe introducing a version of Mayday Parker.

It could be done in 2022 as a 20th anniversary thing.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    I'd wait for a few years with Morlun.

I wouldn't mind Morlun in a Spider-Verse film, bringing back Tobey Maguire, Kirsten Dunst, Andrew Garfield, Emma Stone (as Spider-Gwen) and maybe introducing a version of Mayday Parker.

It could be done in 2022 as a 20th anniversary thing.
    I think I've said before that I think Mayday could work as a daughter of Raimi and Maguire's Spider-Man. Mayday's world could easily match the aesthetics of those films.

Anybody but another Goblin...

I quite like the thought of seeing Spider-man swinging through the streets while chasing Vulture in between and over buildings.

Vulture, Mysterio, Chameleon, and Kraven are the biggest classic Rogues who still haven't been done in film so I imagine we'll get through them before we ever get back to the Osborns or Doc Ock.

I wouldn't be surprised if there's a simmering OsCorp plot in the background like in the Amazing films, but not rushed into the Green Goblin like ASM2 did, and I'd expect Marvel Studios would want to do their own takes on Norman and Octavius.

I don't expect to see Venom or Spider-Verse stuff anytime soon.

Most of Spider-Man's villains doesn't have a personal connection to him, which is probably why studios and screenwriters keep going back to the Goblin well. It's also why they'll probably write one of the usual bank robber-type thugs as having some sort of connection to Spider-Man or Peter Parker (á la Doc Ock in Spider-Man 2 or Electro in Amazing Spider-Man 2), and that's honestly not enough to get me excited.

Of the ones that haven't been used yet I think there's most potential in Morlun, but that potential kind of hinges on a well established Spider-Man and his world. Tricky for sure.

I'm not really sure if they can pull something interesting off with this (remember the lousy track record of villains in Marvel Studios movies), but I'd be happy to be proven wrong!
    As of now:
    All-Star Batman, Batman, Doom Patrol, The Flash, The Fix, The Flintstones, Green Valley, Hadrian's Wall, The Hellblazer, Moonshine, New Super-Man, Suicide Squad, Superman, 'Tec, Unfollow

BANNED

Mysterio, Scorpion, Chameleon and Shocker are the ones we haven't seen yet, that I would like to see most, in that order.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    I think I've said before that I think Mayday could work as a daughter of Raimi and Maguire's Spider-Man. Mayday's world could easily match the aesthetics of those films.
    I'm in total agreement with you there.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

No Venom. No Carnage. No sympathetic symbiotes. I'm offended enough as it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    uh. Care to rephrase?