Super Moderator

Default REVIEW: She-Hulk, #5

In "She-Hulk" #5 by Charles Soule and Ron Wimberly, She-Hulk and her crack legal team of Angie Huang and Hellcat investigate leads about the Blue File and a mysterious lawsuit that no one remembers.

Full review here.

ArmyBiker

I completely agree with the comments about the new art team creating a JARRINGLY different look. I HATE it!! Bring back Pulido!! While Pulido created some "boxy" moments for this beloved character, she was generally much more curvy and pleasant than this ugly/angular iteration created by Wimberly. She-Hulk now almost has a tranny-vibe for crying out loud. WTH? If Pulido was fired or walked out of the project... KEEP LOOKING because this may kill the series for me. CRIMINY!

BANNED

I like Charles Soule so I tried to stick it out, but I can't. I picked up She-Hulk #5 and was APPALLED at how ugly the art was. That's saying something, because I didn't like Javier Pulido either, but at least his work had style. The new art is ugliness for ugliness sake and I refuse to spend my money on it.

It's like She-Hulk, Black Widow, Captain Marvel etc. are so worried about "fan service" they go miles out of their way to make the star of the book look as plain, or as ugly as possible.

I'm not buying it.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Yeah, what is the deal with that art on Marvel's lead females, esp She Hulk. Don't the artists get that plain Jennifer Walters alter ego as She Hulk is supposed to be more glamorous?
    Last edited by Iron Maiden; 07-11-2014 at 12:54 AM.

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Razor Tiara View Post
    I like Charles Soule so I tried to stick it out, but I can't. I picked up She-Hulk #5 and was APPALLED at how ugly the art was. That's saying something, because I didn't like Javier Pulido either, but at least his work had style. The new art is ugliness for ugliness sake and I refuse to spend my money on it.

It's like She-Hulk, Black Widow, Captain Marvel etc. are so worried about "fan service" they go miles out of their way to make the star of the book look as plain, or as ugly as possible.

I'm not buying it.
    While I like Pulido, I understand how some people might not like his style. But I'm a little confused about your statement about Black Widow and Capt Marvel. The art on those comics are pretty conventional and the female leads are drawn to look attractive in a pretty traditional way.

Bring back Paul Pelletier!

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

I would love to see Pellitier back at Marvel again and She Hulk would be a good choice for him.