Super Moderator

Default The X-Force Squads that Could Make it to the Movies

With an "X-Force" movie in the works at Fox, CBR looks at the many iterations of Marvel's most extreme X-Men team.

Full article here.

Id rather have peter davids xfactor.

It'll be a Cable led team. Psylocke, Colossus and Deadpool are likely teammembers.

Psylocke is in the past, so she would be out.

My take is something closer to original line-up. If Cannonball stays on the New mutants franchise, I see a 1st XForce more more or less like this:

Cable, Domino, Warpath, X-23 (?), Sunspot, with Deadpool as a villain/ally. And maybe Colossus as a member too, now that he appears on Deadpool movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurt LeBeau View Post
    Psylocke is in the past, so she would be out.

My take is something closer to original line-up. If Cannonball stays on the New mutants franchise, I see a 1st XForce more more or less like this:

Cable, Domino, Warpath, X-23 (?), Sunspot, with Deadpool as a villain/ally. And maybe Colossus as a member too, now that he appears on Deadpool movie.
    Psylocke being in the past is only an issue if they keep clinging to the same continuity that began in 2000, which I seriously hope they let go of at some point. Colossus being Russian and played by a different actor in Deadpool, and that one photo of an awesome comics-accurate New Mutants style suit (for Negasonic Teenage Warhead), gives me hope that that movie might have been made with an eye more towards what future additions to the franchise have in store than what's come before. They're really gonna have to reboot at some point; may as well be at the same point that they'd have to start recasting everyone anyway.

I think your X-Force lineup bets all seem pretty easy to imagine as the eventual movie's choices, although I really hope the New Mutants movie gets Sam AND Bobby (and Dani, Rahne and Illyana. These are the 5 basic New Mutants personality food groups upon which a franchise must be built, I say!)

BANNED

Based on characters introduced so far, I'd say:

Deadpool, Psylocke, and Archangel for certain. If Cable ever gets introduced, he's almost certain to be in it. The fifth member is a tossup. They could bring back Booboo Stewart as Warpath.

While I still want to see X-23 make it into the film verse, I would actually NOT want her to be introduced as part of X-Force. Maybe bring her in for X-Force 2, but only AFTER she's established elsewhere (with Jackman's departure imminent, I'd use Wolv3rine, and rather than recast Logan use her for the Wolverine role instead. Synergy with ANAD!), so they can play with how being on X-Force is so damaging to her.

Ultimate Member

The original team would work the best imho, they'd be the most diverse group not to mention they could give the movie a PG-13 rating and make more money than an R rated version and Deadpool could show up as Cable and Domino's friend or a guy that helped Siryn out years earlier that she'd have a bit of a crush on because of it, while having similar feelings for Warpath, the movie could be them breaking away from the X-men and setting up shop in the southwest, showing that they can make it on their own.

Quote Originally Posted by saul_on_the_road_to_damascus View Post
    Id rather have peter davids xfactor.
    Well, we do have Havok, Quicksilver, and Multiple Man previously in the films. It'd be interesting to have some incarnation of that. Heck, maybe even bring in Polaris as Quicksilver's sister (avoiding any rights issues with MCU that way too!).

The second Peter David version of the Team has some members from X-force and the New Mutants (Richthor, Shatterstar and Siryn). So that might also work.

BANNED

It's extremely unlikely that any comic book lineup will be imported, intact, into the movie (if there ever is a movie, which I'm doubtful of). They're going to mix and match the characters, and likely try to avoid anyone who has played/will play a major role in the actual X-Men movies.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by kalorama View Post
    It's extremely unlikely that any comic book lineup will be imported, intact, into the movie (if there ever is a movie, which I'm doubtful of). They're going to mix and match the characters, and likely try to avoid anyone who has played/will play a major role in the actual X-Men movies.
    Most likely this. It's Fox. I think that if Suicide Squad does well, they will probably move on X-force pretty fast.

I still think the ideal line-up for a Movie would be Cable, Deadpool, Domino, Psylocke and Archangel

Astonishing Member Tazpocalapse's Avatar

It's Fox so it will probably be Young Prof X,Young Magneto,Mystique, and Wolverine.