Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default "Jessica Jones" Gets Second Season Renewal from Netflix

The second series from Marvel TV and Netflix's landmark deal is also the second to get a season two pickup.

Full article here.

Spectacular Member

And I just convinced my brother to watch season 1 last night with me. Two episodes and he's hooked. This is great news.
    Current Pull List (updated for ANAD): Star Wars □ Darth Vader □ Lando □ Chewbacca □ Kanan □ uh... alot of ANAD but I still have decided what yet, lol

Cool! Happy to hear it .

Amazing Member

Agreed that this is a good thing. Proof that a show starting a woman with super-powers can work. What was the last female staring super-powered series to get a second series/movie? Wonder Woman? Bionic Woman? Both 70's shows. One could argue Buffy or Xena I suppose but both have been off the air for years.

So the 70s shows serve your point, but the more recent ones don't?

Even if it only got two seasons, I'd add Dark Angel. I remember it being pretty popular before the second season went off the rails.

Quote Originally Posted by tsaimelemoni View Post
    So the 70s shows serve your point, but the more recent ones don't?

Even if it only got two seasons, I'd add Dark Angel. I remember it being pretty popular before the second season went off the rails.
    I actually loved season 2 of dark angel. I wish they had continued it based on that finale

Not comic book-y, but wouldn't shows like "Medium" and "Ghost Whisperer" qualify too? Those are women with powers.

"Witchblade" also got a second season.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    Not comic book-y, but wouldn't shows like "Medium" and "Ghost Whisperer" qualify too? Those are women with powers.
    Not to mention charmed and doll house and nikita

Quote Originally Posted by saul_on_the_road_to_damascus View Post
    Not to mention charmed and doll house and nikita
    Did the latest Nikita have powers? From the other iterations, she was just a spy/assassin.

If we're just talking female leads in sci-fi series, "Orphan Black" would qualify - not super-powered, but they're all clones.

I actually loved season 2 of dark angel. I wish they had continued it based on that finale
    I will say I liked how it ended, and a potential S3 could have been really interesting.

Other note, I don't think Nikita or Dollhouse count, there were no super powers on display. Otherwise I would have offered one of my favorite shows (even if it hasn't necessarily aged well): Alias

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    Did the latest Nikita have powers? From the other iterations, she was just a spy/assassin.

If we're just talking female leads in sci-fi series, "Orphan Black" would qualify - not super-powered, but they're all clones.
    Well she had super spy powers. Like Jason Bourne with lady parts

Astonishing Member chamber-music's Avatar

Great to see the show get another season.

They had abilities on dollhouse. Abilities they didn't regularly have.

They had abilities on dollhouse. Abilities they didn't regularly have.
    But not powers. They didn't get, say, enhanced strength, they got memories/physical capabilities downloaded from other normal people.

Oh damn, wait...as I type this, I'm having a memory of Echo using some kind of mind control....Nvm I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by tsaimelemoni View Post
    But not powers. They didn't get, say, enhanced strength, they got memories/physical capabilities downloaded from other normal people.

Oh damn, wait...as I type this, I'm having a memory of Echo using some kind of mind control....Nvm I guess.
    I don't remember mind control but they had powers as much as chuck had powers on that one show.