Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    I'm curious on who they would use for the main antagonist for the second season. Investigating the company responsible for her powers is the next logical step with how season 1 ended.
    That's what I thought immediately. IGH as the mysterious corporate bad guy, maybe with Nuke as one of the continuing antagonists?

Deleted this post when I realized the question.
    Last edited by Osiris-Rex; 01-17-2016 at 09:00 PM.

I'm not surprised in the slightest. Looking forward to more of Jessica's exploits.
    Somewhere, a nerd cries. I feel nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    I'm curious on who they would use for the main antagonist for the second season. Investigating the company responsible for her powers is the next logical step with how season 1 ended.
    No way they don't spoilers:
    bring back kilgrave
    end of spoilers in some way shape or form

BANNED

Plus they sat up a lot of other kids with similar experiments to Killgrave

Quote Originally Posted by TheVileOne View Post
    We actually don't know for certain that Jessica Jones S2 is even happening before Defenders though.

If it does and they keep it to two a year, that could mean either Defenders in 2018, or Defenders since it's only eight episodes will be a special event for 2017.
    It doesn't matter when JJ2 is. The original deal has already been added to by more Daredevil, which was never in the initial episode count. Also, Defenders contractually has to be 2017. But we could easily have more JJ by the end of the year, or just before it. But Defenders itself is already locked into the schedule. And we know that the deal has been expanded, or else there would be no second season of Daredevil.

Quote Originally Posted by RikWriter View Post
    That's what I thought immediately. IGH as the mysterious corporate bad guy, maybe with Nuke as one of the continuing antagonists?
    Quote Originally Posted by saul_on_the_road_to_damascus View Post
    bring back kilgrave
    Quote Originally Posted by JaggedFel View Post
    Plus they sat up a lot of other kids with similar experiments to Killgrave
    I'm thinking the Power Broker is behind all of these empowerments and will be the main villain next season. Which will also give us an avenue for Hellcat to get empowered before Defenders. And echoes the MGH plot of the comic, though they could just introduce that too.

Quote Originally Posted by Reality View Post
    It doesn't matter when JJ2 is. The original deal has already been added to by more Daredevil, which was never in the initial episode count. Also, Defenders contractually has to be 2017. But we could easily have more JJ by the end of the year, or just before it. But Defenders itself is already locked into the schedule. And we know that the deal has been expanded, or else there would be no second season of Daredevil.
    If they want a new season of Jessica Jones before the end of the year, they have to start soon. That means writing and casting and production. Besides that, Ted Sarandos said they are sticking to two a year for now. That leaves only Daredevil and Luke Cage for this year.

Spectacular Member GUARDIAN_ALPHA-FLIGHT's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheVileOne View Post
    If they want a new season of Jessica Jones before the end of the year, they have to start soon. That means writing and casting and production. Besides that, Ted Sarandos said they are sticking to two a year for now. That leaves only Daredevil and Luke Cage for this year.
    I think as soon as they announced DD season 2, all plans changed. As for Ted's quote on 2 a year, I believe he said that's what they were starting with, not that the refused to do more because clearly that's not the case now. No reason if Marvel and Netflix decide to keep expanding the characters in their own series that Defenders can't be pushed back from the 2017 release date originally announced. Keep in mind also both Netflix and Marvel are known for being very secretive on their projects and the details surrounding them.
    SHSO: Volcanic Lancer Hydra - Fav Hero: Guardian - Currently Most Played: Carnage

Great news. I'm surprised it didn't come earlier. Jessica Jones captured a lot of the same elements that Daredevil captured. It was dark, raw, gritty, and heartfelt. It felt like it had a true place in the MCU. And it was able to build an entire season around Jessica facing just one villain. Given what she's faced in the comics and her relationship with Luke Cage, there's so much potential for more.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

I'm a little surprised so many Netflicks shows are getting second seasons before Defenders. I sort of thought they'd each get one season with a Defenders show sandwiched in between.

Not that I'm complaining. More Jessica the better.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by saul_on_the_road_to_damascus View Post
    bring back kilgrave
    spoilers:
    If Killgrave is still in play then I believe the fetus of his aborted child will play a big role. He used the stem cells from it to amp up his powers. I'm sure someone from IGH will use it to implement Kilgrave's powers to someone else.
    end of spoilers

Spectacular Member

crossing my fingers that we'll get to see a costumed Patsy fighting alongside The Defenders. i'm already planning her spin-off in my head...Sons of the Serpent as the antagonists and maybe a White Tiger introduction and team-up.