Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

The way things are going, they're going to have to squeeze a "Luke Cage" season2 in there too...

Based on the IGN report, my guess is we might not see second seasons for Jessica Jones, Luke Cage and probably third Daredevil season until Defenders gets done.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by TheVileOne View Post
    Based on the IGN report, my guess is we might not see second seasons for Jessica Jones, Luke Cage and probably third Daredevil season until Defenders gets done.
    Too long of wait for JJ in my book...Fine for Daredevil and Cage I guess...it be over 2 years for JJ.

Quote Originally Posted by JaggedFel View Post
    Too long of wait for JJ in my book...Fine for Daredevil and Cage I guess...it be over 2 years for JJ.
    Well Defenders is going to be a shorter run, so it might get done quicker. Eight episodes versus 13.

Plus Jessica Jones is supposed to be in Defenders. So technically it's like getting a 1.5 season for all these characters.

Well Defenders is going to be a shorter run, so it might get done quicker. Eight episodes versus 13.

Plus Jessica Jones is supposed to be in Defenders. So technically it's like getting a 1.5 season for all these characters.
    I'm betting she shows up in luke cage and maybe daredevil too.

Quote Originally Posted by saul_on_the_road_to_damascus View Post
    I'm betting she shows up in luke cage and maybe daredevil too.
    I doubt it. Everyone thought Daredevil would show up in Jessica Jones and he didn't. Only Claire Temple showed up, and that was just in one episode. I think the desk sergeant from Daredevil also showed up briefly and one of the other hospital workers.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ms Lola View Post
    Brilliant news. Now, throw out an Elektra rumour along the same lines of Punisher and I'll be set. Thanks in advance.
    I still think Bullseye is going to show up and kill of Elektra.

Also, Kingpin is still alive. He might not appear in season 2, but he's still around and it's clear a lot of people are still loyal to him.

There's also the Hand, which with Elektra being in S2 and the plot dangler around the Black Sky in S1 makes me think they're going to make themselves felt. And Madam Gau is still alive, and, and...

Shou-Lao The Bitch Dragon Iron Fist's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by N'Dare View Post
    I hope this is just an announcement and they wont go to production immediately because DD season 2, Luke Cage will be released in 2016 while Iron Fist, Defenders and maybe DD season 3 in 2017. How will they cope with all these if all they seem to be able to produce is 2 shows per year? Aren't they (i don't even know who this is Marvel/Netflix) contractually tied to release Defenders by 2017?
    They could easily do more than 2 a year, I think it's just Netflix holding back.

What's weird is 2017, because you're looking at the possibly renews of Daredevil season 3, Jessica Jones season 2 is renewed, Luke Cage season 2 and then you have season 1 of Iron Fist and Defenders confirmed for 2017 as well so Netflix will need to drop this 2 a year restriction to keep up with demand.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Fist View Post
    They could easily do more than 2 a year, I think it's just Netflix holding back.

What's weird is 2017, because you're looking at the possibly renews of Daredevil season 3, Jessica Jones season 2 is renewed, Luke Cage season 2 and then you have season 1 of Iron Fist and Defenders confirmed for 2017 as well so Netflix will need to drop this 2 a year restriction to keep up with demand.
    I think they just don't want to get too ahead of themselves. Keep in mind, we don't know much about the terms of the deals for season 2 renewals. The initial deal was for 60 episodes for $200 million. We know they can add second seasons now, but we don't know how they budget those seasons and if they are dipping into that initial deal of $200 million to pay for them or if they are getting extra money.
    Last edited by TheVileOne; 01-17-2016 at 06:46 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by saul_on_the_road_to_damascus View Post
    Not to mention charmed and doll house and nikita
    Also Vampire Diaries, Heroes, Roswell, Alphas, Legend of the Seeker, Being Human (ensemble shows, but multiple of the key, central characters in each are/were women), Tru Calling, Fringe.

I think they just don't want to get too ahead of themselves. Keep in mind, we don't know much about the terms of the deals for season 2 renewals. The initial deal was for 60 episodes for $200 million. We know they can add second seasons know, but we don't know how they budget those seasons and if they are dipping into that initial deal of $200 million to pay for them or if they are getting extra money.
    We know they're getting extra money because they're doing more than 60 episodes now. That deal only applied to the first seasons of Daredevil, Jessica Jones, Luke Cage, Iron Fist and Defenders. Now that we're getting multiple seasons before the first Defenders event, that means the deal has been expanded to include 26 more episodes at least. Which makes it more likely we'll get them more than twice a year, now.

We'll really just have to see where they slot in JJ2 and when they start to film it. I could see it being before Defenders so as to set up Hellcat for the team. I don't think there would really be time for second seasons of Luke Cage and Iron Fist though- it'll be like how Iron Man got a sequel in the first phase of movies, but not everyone did. They also had no main characters crossing over until the second phase. Next Netflix Phase should have a lot more going on, I reckon. Multiple seasons for all! New shows! More crossover! More crazy! It should be great!

Quote Originally Posted by Reality View Post
    We know they're getting extra money because they're doing more than 60 episodes now. That deal only applied to the first seasons of Daredevil, Jessica Jones, Luke Cage, Iron Fist and Defenders. Now that we're getting multiple seasons before the first Defenders event, that means the deal has been expanded to include 26 more episodes at least. Which makes it more likely we'll get them more than twice a year, now.

We'll really just have to see where they slot in JJ2 and when they start to film it. I could see it being before Defenders so as to set up Hellcat for the team. I don't think there would really be time for second seasons of Luke Cage and Iron Fist though- it'll be like how Iron Man got a sequel in the first phase of movies, but not everyone did. They also had no main characters crossing over until the second phase. Next Netflix Phase should have a lot more going on, I reckon. Multiple seasons for all! New shows! More crossover! More crazy! It should be great!
    We actually don't know for certain that Jessica Jones S2 is even happening before Defenders though.

If it does and they keep it to two a year, that could mean either Defenders in 2018, or Defenders since it's only eight episodes will be a special event for 2017.

BANNED

Hopefully the directors that did the last four episodes are doing the whole thing this go around.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by JohnNorthey View Post
    Agreed that this is a good thing. Proof that a show starting a woman with super-powers can work. What was the last female staring super-powered series to get a second series/movie? Wonder Woman? Bionic Woman? Both 70's shows. One could argue Buffy or Xena I suppose but both have been off the air for years.
    Shit, I don't know: iZombie? That show started all the way back in 2015.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

I'm curious on who they would use for the main antagonist for the second season. Investigating the company responsible for her powers is the next logical step with how season 1 ended.