Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910

Quote Originally Posted by rhyvurg View Post
    The first two were destroying things on impact, the third was supposed to be the final. As in, destroying everything on impact, including Goku and Bills. That didn't happen.
    Again. It didn't finish. Hence why the universe didn't crumble. This is addressed in the episode.

How is it not? Under almost the same circumstances, the shock wave didn't happen. The only difference was the god form. What other possible conclusion could there be?
    Again, the evidence you are using outright shows the shockwaves are not exclusively generated by punching each other in the fist. This is the third time I have to tell you this.

If your argument requires you to keep ignoring on-screen evidence... then it isn't so much of an argument.
    Hazard's Playhouse - Episodic anime reviews and other things. Current Post: Houshin Engi: What was Skipped
    My Fanfiction.Net Profile

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

rhyvurg:

Completely OT, but your avatar's goatee looks like a tiny trenchcoat, which, when combined with its facial expression, makes me have the unsettling feeling that SD-Kratos is about to flash us.

That was not a mental image I needed.
    Hazard's Playhouse - Episodic anime reviews and other things. Current Post: Houshin Engi: What was Skipped

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hazard View Post
    That was not a mental image I needed.
    Honestly, it isn't really that a big difference from what Kratos normally wears.

Again. It didn't finish. Hence why the universe didn't crumble. This is addressed in the episode.
    Yes, because the waves gain power over distance, you said that already. But that still means things near the origin point would remain, meaning it's not a universe level feat.

Again, the evidence you are using outright shows the shockwaves are not exclusively generated by punching each other in the fist. This is the third time I have to tell you this.

If your argument requires you to keep ignoring on-screen evidence... then it isn't so much of an argument.
    But they are still generated that way, but not when someone who isn't a god is involved. Meaning it's not simply raw power, but the nature of that power. Also meaning it absolutely would not happen against Sentry. My argument takes all on screen evidence into account, yours tries to exclude it.

Quote Originally Posted by The Drunkard Kid View Post
    rhyvurg:

Completely OT, but your avatar's goatee looks like a tiny trenchcoat, which, when combined with its facial expression, makes me have the unsettling feeling that SD-Kratos is about to flash us.
    Then it suits me even more than I intended

Yes, because the waves gain power over distance, you said that already. But that still means things near the origin point would remain, meaning it's not a universe level feat.
    No, because the third clash literally hadn't ended. It pretty much goes, "Why hasn't everything ended?" "Because the third clash hasn't ended."

They explain this stuff.

Did you even watch the episode? Because you ignoring stuff that happened in it.

Case in point:

But they are still generated that way, but not when someone who isn't a god is involved. Meaning it's not simply raw power, but the nature of that power. Also meaning it absolutely would not happen against Sentry. My argument takes all on screen evidence into account, yours tries to exclude it.
    Except you keep ignoring entire segments of two god people fighting and not generating the schockwaves.

And conveniently ignore the ways of not generating shockwaves given by the series.

I'm sorry who is excluding things again?
    Last edited by Hazard; 01-28-2016 at 10:37 PM.

No, because the third clash literally hadn't ended. It pretty much goes, "Why hasn't everything ended?" "Because the third clash hasn't ended."

They explain this stuff.

Did you even watch the episode? Because you ignoring stuff that happened in it.
    The third wave was supposed to be the last one. It destroyed nothing. And nothing you say can change that. You have to draw a conclusion from the sequence of events, not change the sequence of events to fit the conclusion you want. The waves build power over time, but this supposedly universe-ending thing couldn't even break glass.

Except you keep ignoring entire segments of two god people fighting and not generating the schockwaves.

And conveniently ignore the ways of not generating shockwaves given by the series.

I'm sorry who is excluding things again?
    I am ignoring nothing. Here. <link removed for being too blatantly correct> Skip to 2:50. Where is the shock wave? There isn't one. The same circumstances as the first two, save the god form. You can't ignore this happened. You can clearly see Goku and Bills are pushing against each other, there is no no-sell like before, that explanation simply will not work, because it didn't happen that time.
    Last edited by rhyvurg; 01-29-2016 at 02:05 PM.

You have to draw a conclusion from the sequence of events
    ... or you can listen to what the characters are saying?

Just a thought. It's called paying attention to the source material.

snip
    First off, don't post stream sites. They aren't allowed so edit that out.

Second, you fail to address why God Goku and Beerus did not generate those shockwaves during the entire first part of their fight or anywhere post nullification.

Third, yeah, it's not like Goku has explicitly shown the ability to clash with Beerus without generating those shockwaves or Beerus has the ability to nullify energy or something. Oh wait!

Dude, I'm serious here. You just returned. Do you really want ignoring feats to be the first thing you do?

When the events of the series contradict the characters, the characters are wrong every time. It's been a while but I remember that just fine. They didn't generate the shock waves because Goku's power was still rising, and they didn't hit each other In. The. Fist. Goku still had the power to fight Bills after losing the god form, but was clearly not negating the impact. I'm not ignoring anything, I'm clarifying a misconception that has been plaguing the internet ever since episode 12 aired. Looking at what actually did and did not happen, it's simply not universe level, and can only happen under specific circumstances. Unless Goku, Bills or Champa is fighting someone with god ki, this effect absolutely will not occur, until and unless it happens in DBS between individuals who aren't gods themselves.

Also I just checked, the rules make no mention of streaming sites.

Maybe Guy1 should settle this before it gets even more heated up.

When the events of the series contradict the characters, the characters are wrong every time.
    They don't. It's explained. You just keep ignoring stuff.

Seriously. Let's break it down.

You said the shockwaves are only generated by god fighters hence why SSJ Goku and Beerus didn't generate them.

Putting aside the fact that SSJ Goku still has god ki and that the show outright notes their clashes still have the potential to destroy the universe, I listed examples of God Fighters failing to produce those shockwaves. Hence, the lack of shockwaves cannot be attributed to just a missing god form.

Then you said they needed to punch each other's fists to generate the shockwaves which was why the shockwaves didn't happen those times. That was blatantly false as well. The example you like to use most often is also the example that shows you are wrong.. To add to that, God Goku and Beerus did in fact punch each other in the fist and didn't generate entropry breaking, interdimensional shockwaves.

So you were demonstratively wrong twice over on that one.

Then, of course, you keep ignoring Goku's ability to negate said shockwaves and Beerus' ability to outright negate energy when judging the feat.

Finally, you keep going on about the third shockwave not ending the universe when it's clearly stated the third clash isn't over. You have not addressed this in any meaningful form beyond repeating the same thing over and over.

Basically, your theory does not stand up to testing.

Would it be easy and convenient if it were true? Yeah, but it does not match up to what's on screen without ignoring a bunch of stuff.

Also I just checked, the rules make no mention of streaming sites.
    The Rumble rules make no mention of it. The overall CBR board frowns on that stuff. It's why manga feats need to be uploaded to a separate image site first. Can't link directly to the scan site.

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchist View Post
    Maybe Guy1 should settle this before it gets even more heated up.
    Honestly, I kind of wanted to settle it without him since I feel bad he has to come for every DB thread, but it looks like it's going to go that way.
    Last edited by Hazard; 01-29-2016 at 03:13 PM.

Thread closed until further notice. Let's cool our heels guys.
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.