Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Default The Sentry vs. Goku

Honest proclamation: I do not know much about either character. The little bits of knowledge I do have is some of the stuff that the Sentry has done in stories like Siege or a few issues in New Avengers. I know basically nothing about Goku.

What I am looking for is what the experts think.

How does this fight fair? Battle ground is the space between two solar systems and no restraints from either character.

Go!
    Find me on Instagram and Twitter - @arfguy
    https://whoaskd.com/

I know more about Goku than I know about the Sentry, but what little I know about The Sentry suggests that he could completely murderstomp Goku IN HIS SLEEP!

Pre DB Super Nonsense, Sentry would have taken it without any difficulty (even taking BoG or Revival of F into consideration).

After DB Super however Goku has more than enough power to knock the Golden Boy out.

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra_Sonic View Post
    I know more about Goku than I know about the Sentry, but what little I know about The Sentry suggests that he could completely murderstomp Goku IN HIS SLEEP!
    A year ago you would have been right. But with DBS out......Sentry is badly outmatched.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluekey View Post
    A year ago you would have been right. But with DBS out......Sentry is badly outmatched.
    In what way? I have not been keeping up with Super, and I would prefer to wait until its stateside release.

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

sadly, i agree. DBS goku is a bit out of bobby's range. he can definatly drop him for the 10 count.

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

In what way? I have not been keeping up with Super, and I would prefer to wait until its stateside release.
    well they expanded bills' overall power, making him strong enough to blow up half a planet by tapping a table.

and then there's the whole "fucking up the universe with their punches" thing. there's more to it than that but i'd rather not go into it myself.

BANNED

Beerus and Goku's fists coliding almost causes the universe to collapse.

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchist View Post
    After DB Super however Goku has more than enough power to knock the Golden Boy out.
    Does he?

The shockwaves specifically become stronger over distance (somehow), so it isn't a useful feat when it comes to the person you're actually hitting.

Quote Originally Posted by Siriel View Post
    Does he?

The shockwaves specifically become stronger over distance (somehow), so it isn't a useful feat when it comes to the person you're actually hitting.
    He could try punching his own fists together from the other end of the arena

But in all seriousness despite the goofy nature of the feat, it's on a scale higher than what Sentry can take unless he knows how to "cancel" it to make the ground zero punch non fatal

Quote Originally Posted by The Dork Knight View Post
    But in all seriousness despite the goofy nature of the feat, it's on a scale higher than what Sentry can take
    Based on what, seeing as the planet they were orbiting wasn't destroyed and that was specifically because the waves become more powerful as they cross distance?

It's only universe-endangering because of the property of becoming stronger as it moves away from them. It's not a relevant feat for punching someone.

For that matter, the claim of universal danger from the later beam war is at best highly dubious, given that no such thing was even mentioned against Golden Freeza despite there being nothing to cancel out that clash.

So either 1) it was hyperbole 2) SSG is massively above SSB, making that series of feat irrelevant for any Goku fight unless he's stated to be in that form in the OP or 3) the universal threat is a ridiculous outlier and thus invalid in Rumbles.
    Last edited by Siriel; 01-17-2016 at 10:56 PM.

Been mod ruled upon . Feat is valid . I guess he was cancelling it somewhat even initially ?In any case Beerus can wreck planets with finger taps . That kind of strength + faster speed = win for Goku

Quote Originally Posted by The Dork Knight View Post
    Been mod ruled upon . Feat is valid .
    Please quote the mod ruling.