Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cody View Post
    Alright. After having 3 hours sleep I feel a little bit better(better than the lack of sleep from the previous nights anyway). I am dealing with a lot of...financial problems right now and I think I am beginning to take my frustrations out on here..so perhaps it would be wise if I post less often for a little while until I get things straighten out. Sorry to everyone I insulted.
    I don't think anyone is too worried, nothing real bad was said.

Hope your situation works out for the better mate.

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cody View Post
    Alright. After having 3 hours sleep I feel a little bit better(better than the lack of sleep from the previous nights anyway). I am dealing with a lot of...financial problems right now and I think I am beginning to take my frustrations out on here..so perhaps it would be wise if I post less often for a little while until I get things straighten out. Sorry to everyone I insulted.
    Good on you for stepping up like this. And I'm sorry to hear your situation hasn't improved. :(

Hope that changes, and soon.
    Last edited by Sharpandpointies; 01-19-2016 at 11:49 AM.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchist View Post
    As of Secret Wars, Owen surely seems to have taken a huge power up again, and is alive and kicking, which might make the feat less impressive in retrospect, seeing how he clearly isn't dead and operates on a much higher power scale now, which could indicate that he just wasn`t at his a-game back then.
    He wasn't. Post-Retcon Molecule Man was not his former self by ANY stretch of the imagination,
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Not trying to start crap, but prior to the CBR forum reboot, I recall that the Sentry was nigh-unbeatable. It almost seemed like there were so many feats that it seemed like the character had no equal. Is this a case of the Sentry's feats being over-blown or some of his supporters are no longer posting?

At this point, I am thinking Goku takes it quite soundly.
    Find me on Instagram and Twitter - @arfguy
    https://whoaskd.com/

Astonishing Member Captain Morgan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Arfguy View Post
    Not trying to start crap, but prior to the CBR forum reboot, I recall that the Sentry was nigh-unbeatable. It almost seemed like there were so many feats that it seemed like the character had no equal. Is this a case of the Sentry's feats being over-blown or some of his supporters are no longer posting?

At this point, I am thinking Goku takes it quite soundly.
    I think it is more that DBZ got way crazier, personally.

Quote Originally Posted by Arfguy View Post
    Not quite. The problem is that Sentry is not an easy character to use in Rumbles.*

When you put him against a regular Class 100, well, most don't have the oomph necessary to put him down quickly enough before he uses his powers. Doesn't help he comes in with built-in Anti-Flash speed steal so any Rumble with him against some version of the Justice League (and there where lots of those) boils down to, "Is MM there?"

*Neither is Goku for the matter.
    Hazard's Playhouse - Episodic anime reviews and other things. Current Post: Houshin Engi: What was Skipped
    My Fanfiction.Net Profile

Yeah, like Thanos (and Classic Strange and maybe Classic Juggernaut) he falls into the category *Stomps or gets stomped*
    There aren't really many people who are an even match for him.

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchist View Post
    Yeah, like Thanos (and Classic Strange and maybe Classic Juggernaut) he falls into the category *Stomps or gets stomped*
    There aren't really many people who are an even match for him.
    A good therapist could probably beat him.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

The other thing about Sentry is he was sort of however powerful he wanted to be, which makes his low showings very easy to write off as him being unstable.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Morgan View Post
    The other thing about Sentry is he was sort of however powerful he wanted to be, which makes his low showings very easy to write off as him being unstable.
    His high showings could be him being unstable as well.

... He's unstable, y'see.

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    His high showings could be him being unstable as well.

... He's unstable, y'see.
    Well yeah. But his power set literally changed from story to story, not just in scope but in terms of what powers he had and where they were supposed to come from.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Morgan View Post
    Well yeah. But his power set literally changed from story to story, not just in scope but in terms of what powers he had and where they were supposed to come from.
    Which makes sense.

Though a large part of that could be "Bendis did some of the writing".

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    Which makes sense.

Though a large part of that could be "Bendis did some of the writing".
    Why do we blame Bendis for everything wrong in Marvel stories?
    Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Guy1 View Post
    Cody, I am sorry if there was mistake on the shockwaves, but that does not excuse your behavior just now. I am going to have to ask you to leave this thread until further notice. When you have calmed down, we will discuss this again.
    Cody, seriously, you were instructed by a moderator to leave the thread until further notice. You have ignored this twice. Do not post in here again.
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Len Ikari145 View Post
    Why do we blame Bendis for everything wrong in Marvel stories?
    Because his Avengers and GotG are really bad. At least that's my reason. Also, he kills off characters a bit too willy nilly too much for my liking and is horrible with continuity.

He can totally be good, Ultimate Spider-man is great in general, but that's mainly for solo series. He should stay away from team books.