Default Frank Lucas (American Gangster) VS Don Corleon (Godfather)

1. The two set up shop in the Manhattan, NY. Who is going to build the stronger empire, based on their products and services. Assume both has the resources from before
    2. In a turf gang war, who will come out on top?

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

hmmmmm frank is a bit more ruthless and cutthroat but vito often thought in the long run and mad relationship that would come back to aid him in the end.

sorry. i'm sort of blanking on how vito dealt with drugs and all. stomach meds got my brain going to mush.

Extraordinary Member Iron_Twister's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    hmmmmm frank is a bit more ruthless and cutthroat but vito often thought in the long run and mad relationship that would come back to aid him in the end.

sorry. i'm sort of blanking on how vito dealt with drugs and all. stomach meds got my brain going to mush.
    Hmmm, if I can recall, Vito didn't want to touch the whole deal with drugs in the film, though it was less of a moral thing and more so a pragmatic approach since he didn't want to risk alienating his political connections if they found out he's a part of it. But yes, it's been a while since I've seen the film so maybe I'm wrong.

...Do we add Luca Brasi as part of Vito's group if both sides are allowed their guys, cause book Luca is pretty freaking nuts...

Quote Originally Posted by Iron_Twister View Post
    Hmmm, if I can recall, Vito didn't want to touch the whole deal with drugs in the film, though it was less of a moral thing and more so a pragmatic approach since he didn't want to risk alienating his political connections if they found out he's a part of it. But yes, it's been a while since I've seen the film so maybe I'm wrong.

...Do we add Luca Brasi as part of Vito's group if both sides are allowed their guys, cause book Luca is pretty freaking nuts...
    that's what i was thinking. but like you, i'll have to re-watch it.

don't know about luca brasi. up to the OP.

Yes, Luca is in the fray. So is Clamenza, Sunny and everyone in the Corleon family.

ewww. i dont know if lucas wants some of that.

he could win the drug war but other than that.........

Quote Originally Posted by Iron_Twister View Post

I actually do think Vito was against the use of drugs because, despite everything he does ,he still actually has strong family values and that kind of thing would cheapen him. He did mention it himself. However, what you say also makes a lot of sense. It wouldn't do on the business end for him to get involved with drugs.

Lucas, however, has no such qualms. So, I'm wondering who would be more prolific in the city. Vito or Frank.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuro View Post
    I actually do think Vito was against the use of drugs because, despite everything he does ,he still actually has strong family values and that kind of thing would cheapen him. He did mention it himself. However, what you say also makes a lot of sense. It wouldn't do on the business end for him to get involved with drugs.

Lucas, however, has no such qualms. So, I'm wondering who would be more prolific in the city. Vito or Frank.
    hmmmm i can see vito having someone else under him actually handle the drug shit so he has plausible deniability. but i think he would just let lucas win that one since his brand of coke was pretty damn strong and it would take a lot of resources for his family to not only get coke but coke on the near the same level as his.

anywhere else, vito could crush him.