Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Mahes View Post
    Well she was in Guardians but the next thing she'll be featured in is Original Sin 5.1-5.4 where it'll be spoilers:
    revealed that she is the daughter of Odin. Thor and Loki will be in it as they discover the hidden 10th realm
    end of spoilers. That will come out next month.
    So does that mean her past history in the Spawn comics is completely erased and she's a relatively new character from scratch in the MU?

Quote Originally Posted by Project Initiative Cascada View Post
    So does that mean her past history in the Spawn comics is completely erased and she's a relatively new character from scratch in the MU?
    Pretty much all redone so that she can fit into the MU better.

All-New Member

Well she was in Guardians but the next thing she'll be featured in is Original Sin 5.1-5.4 where it'll be spoilers:
    revealed that she is the daughter of Odin. Thor and Loki will be in it as they discover the hidden 10th realm
    end of spoilers. That will come out next month.
    WAIT, at the end of the last volume of Journey Into Mystery, last year, Freyja said that she's finally fulfilled the oath to unite the Aesir and the Vanir conceived Odin's true blood heir. As far as I know nothing has been mentioned regarding this since. Could Angela be THAT heir??

All-New Member

Pretty much all redone so that she can fit into the MU better.
    Why would they need her to fit in with monsters university?

Original Sin 5.1-5.4

Quote Originally Posted by Marduk View Post
    WAIT, at the end of the last volume of Journey Into Mystery, last year, Freyja said that she's finally fulfilled the oath to unite the Aesir and the Vanir conceived Odin's true blood heir. As far as I know nothing has been mentioned regarding this since. Could Angela be THAT heir??
    I doubt they put that much thought into it. I hate to be "that guy," but the connections that fans often draw--however logical--are probably not what Marvel is thinking in any given situation.

BANNED

I suppose I see what you mean about about avengers inconsistency. House of M was a work of art while Secret Invasion, while it certainly had its moments, was a bit of a disaster. But Dark Reign was still good, as long as you enjoy the "What If" feel that would naturally accompany a story where ringer villains replace A-List super heroes.

I have to admit, though, GotG hasn't lived up to its full potential in the last year but I can't blame Bendis. It's been sucked into the gravity of the Infinity event (did you skip that one? Almost all of the Guardians all have pretty thick ties to Thanos, which is the whole reason I got into it myself) and a cross-over event with The X-Men. The only thing it's really had to stand on its own with is the Angela story. And even that was the set up for a Thor/Loki story, later down the road. But Bendis still didn't exactly screw the pooch on that one.

Give it a chance. It's a bunch of space-heroes. With a talking Raccoon and Tree among them. How could anybody ever possibly screw that up?
    Oh that made me laugh, I needed that. Bendis has been known to write far better in street level stories. In Guardians, Avengers, and X-men he seems incapable of writing super hero books. The man is either better at Ultimate comics and street level heroes. Its the only aspect of fictions he is in competent.

Why would they need her to fit in with monsters university?
    MU = Marvel Universe....

Interesting preview art. Looks like Thor loses to Angela in their fight.

Extraordinary Member

To be honest, Marvel have used her well.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by THANOSRULES View Post
    There is no easy answer..marvel is stumbling a bit with her and it is showing. Its not too different than things like 'Marvel Boy'/ The Protector, the captain Marvel Saga...sometimes marvel just botches stuff.
    To me: Angela should have stayed in the pages of Spawn. I feel that Neil Gaiman made a very BIG error when he decided to sell that character to Marvel instead of using her himself, after fighting tooth and nail to get her back from Todd McFarlane. I feel that Angela will end up like the Ultraverse Comics: Forever in limbo!!!

I suppose I see what you mean about about avengers inconsistency. House of M was a work of art while Secret Invasion, while it certainly had its moments, was a bit of a disaster. But Dark Reign was still good, as long as you enjoy the "What If" feel that would naturally accompany a story where ringer villains replace A-List super heroes.

I have to admit, though, GotG hasn't lived up to its full potential in the last year but I can't blame Bendis. It's been sucked into the gravity of the Infinity event (did you skip that one? Almost all of the Guardians all have pretty thick ties to Thanos, which is the whole reason I got into it myself) and a cross-over event with The X-Men. The only thing it's really had to stand on its own with is the Angela story. And even that was the set up for a Thor/Loki story, later down the road. But Bendis still didn't exactly screw the pooch on that one.

Give it a chance. It's a bunch of space-heroes. With a talking Raccoon and Tree among them. How could anybody ever possibly screw that up?
    Personally I didnt mind Secret Invasion all that much, it provided some fun of the dumb variety; and yeah Dark Reign was interesting even if it ran for too long IMO. But destroying the Avengers in Dissasembled the way he did just so he could clear the deck for his pet characters, the whole mess around the Sentry leading up to and including Siege, and specially Age of Ultron? Im still sore about spending on that pile of manure. And looking into the run aside from the big events his ongoing books had so much filler in them and 'witty' banter that pretty much all of his stories could have been told in half the issues.

And nope I sure didnt skip Infinity, as Im pulling both of Hickman's Avengers books and I have to say that I loved the heck out of it. But I didnt grab any of the tie ins, I noticed that a couple of the GotG showed up in a panel or two, and I just moved on.

Look, Im all for a space hero themed book heck Im a big Green Lantern fan; but honestly I can't look past the fact that a writer that Im really sick of is charge. On the other hand Ive read that DnA run from a few years back is really good, so if I feel like reading GotG after watching the upcoming movie that'd be my way to go about it via discount TPBs or similar.

Quote Originally Posted by Daymare View Post
    Well Gaiman worked very closely with Marvel to ensure that her backstory remained, including her interactions in her history with everyone but Spawn so she came in as a complete character. Now it is just a matter of what happens to her after the Original Sin tie-in issues. I wish they would not have blown the surprise so early .
    There were subtle things like her seeing specific characters flying through the city and having a reaction, having a very unique reaction to being hit with lightning, but they also had her giving Teen Jean the "knowing eye" during the trial...all in all, the mystery should have lasted longer IMO but it is interesting...
    Now this is interesting, I didnt know to what extent Gaiman laid out the guidelines around Angela in the MU. Is there an interview about it somewhere? Ive googled and couldnt find anything meaty about it...

Quote Originally Posted by Darthfury78 View Post
    To me: Angela should have stayed in the pages of Spawn. I feel that Neil Gaiman made a very BIG error when he decided to sell that character to Marvel instead of using her himself, after fighting tooth and nail to get her back from Todd McFarlane. I feel that Angela will end up like the Ultraverse Comics: Forever in limbo!!!
    Gaiman probably doesnt have the time to use her nowadays, he's mostly working on prose novels instead of comic books. Had he kept her as a creator owned character I'd bet that she likely would have wound up in a drawer somewhere in his office where he keeps the legal contracts, never to be seen again.
    Last edited by Geralt of Rivia; 06-18-2014 at 10:36 AM.

Explaining what Marvel/Disney does is not difficult. Remember this: all decisions now revolve around the movieverse. Where is Angela? Not in the upcoming GoTG movie -> not in the book. They bring their books back into line when movies pop up.