Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by JaggedFel View Post
    Please he is not that recognizable unless you mean Robin is recognizable.

As for Batman Rep isnt that what you have Dick for...I suppose every team needs a lancer ahole type.
    Dude.He co-stared every Batman animation movie since JL:War.If your currently buying Batman product you know who he is
    Last edited by Baseman; 01-18-2016 at 06:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by LoneNecromancer View Post
    There's no Aquaman or Shazam either, as well as GL.

What's with this thread too? Tim fans throwing a fit about the superior character again? I don't even like the animated Damian largely for his awful voice, but he'll probably offer more interesting dynamics than Tim anyhow.
    How on earth is Damian a superior character to Tim Drake who earned his position as Robin by figuring out who Batman was.

Please he is not that recognizable unless you mean Robin is recognizable.
    Robin as an identity is more recognizable than just about every other teen character DC has ever published, and is associated with the Teen Titans. It doesn't matter who is behind the mask. And even if that weren't the case Damian's been in something like two other Batman animated films.
    Last edited by Holt; 01-18-2016 at 06:53 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    Robin as an identity is more recognizable than just about every other teen character DC has ever published, and is associated with the Teen Titans. It doesn't matter who is behind the mask. And even if that weren't the case Damian's been in something like two other Batman animated films.
    And Tim was in an entire season of B:TAS, an entire season of Young Justice, and Batman Beyond: Return of the Joker.

There's really no inherent argument for using one over the other, just personal preference. I'm sure the producers had their reasons for preferring Damian over Tim and they likely had nothing to do with one being a "better" or "superior" character than the other.

BANNED

Tim is irrelevant now Red Robin is not a distinct niche like Nightwing and RedHood. Red Robin aint good enough distance.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Güicho View Post
    Ugh Damian the Scrapy-Sue of the DCU.
    Except he makes money

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    Except he makes money
    So did Scrappy Doo back in the day. Look where he is now :P

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Beorg View Post
    So did Scrappy Doo back in the day. Look where he is now :P
    Does that mean he will be the villain in the batman standalone film lol

Anyway he is this generations robin, with a well selling book, I bet by the time it comes out Damian will be in a guest arc in the new teen titans

So based on certain voice casting reprisals of the JUSTICE LEAGUE, does this movie occur in the THRONE OF ATLANTIS universe and timeline? Have the League and Teen Titans even met yet in The New 52?

Quote Originally Posted by NYCER View Post
    So based on certain voice casting reprisals of the JUSTICE LEAGUE, does this movie occur in the THRONE OF ATLANTIS universe and timeline? Have the League and Teen Titans even met yet in The New 52?
    As to the latter question, nope, but I'm pretty sure this takes place after Thrones of Atlantis chronologically.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rixec View Post
    ...So, we have a team that has Nightwing, Starfire, Raven, Beastboy, and Cyborg... and your first thoughts are to TTG, not the original, awesome, animated Teen Titans from way back? This is a sad day, a very sad day.

And also, Blue Beetle is awesome. And he wasn't "shoved" into season two of YJ, his role evolved naturally because the people making it wanted an alien race that invaded by infiltration rather than open conquest and the Reach fit perfectly into that, and if you're using the Reach you have to use Blue Beetle.
    From the looks of the line-up and character design art style, it looks like it MIGHT take place in that "Young Justice" animated universe from the same-said show a few years back. Or maybe not, I dunno.

BANNED

Unless you've seen the script, you have no idea whether or not he has any reason to be in the film.
    ^This is answered by this:
    Quote Originally Posted by Beorg View Post
    He probably meant that Damian isn't a traditional Titans character.
    Indeed although neither is Blue Beetle although I think he was on the team longer but whatever I get why Beetle is there not sure why Damian is there
    Beetle was a member through some of McKeevers run, which was something like 20-30 issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Baseman View Post
    Recognizable face to bring people in
    More like a recognizable outfit, the monster in it however isn't expected.

Batman is DC's biggest franchise so they wanted to have one of the characters from those movies be one of the leads.
    They already had the 3rd most recognizable member of the family present in the shape of Nightwing.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Damian's also the current Robin in this continuity. It makes sense they would associate him with the Titans, beyond recognizability.
    He's also the current Robin in comics and hasn't ever met the Titans yet, or any other young hero if I am not mistaken, so whats your argument again?

Tim is irrelevant now Red Robin is not a distinct niche like Nightwing and RedHood. Red Robin aint good enough distance.
    Unfortunately this. No one cares about Red Robin. Robin is the identity that is one of the most iconic and well known comic properties and is the reason Damian is getting the big push. He is the current Robin, not Tim. They really should have given Tim a different identity because Red Robin is never going to catch on and is too close to the Robin identity.

BANNED

this is good news but sooner or later they have to make a good DC Cartoon show on a network that they can do it on like Adult Swim. i know its not happening, but it still sucks and downright aggravating that we have only one DC Cartoon show that will make you lose brain cells and it has three seasons i just don't understand that logic. anyway im looking forward to this Justice League vs Teen Titans cartoon.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Char Aznable View Post
    I see the Tim and Damian fans are at war again on Tumblr. It's pretty funny.
    Damian fans didn't complain when Drake was made Robin of the Arkham verse,Tim fans are just jealous,he had plenty of opportunities before Damian showed up but was always overlooked in favor of Dick. BTAS,The Batman,Brave and the Bold etc. Even Beware the Batman went with Katana,Young Justice and Teen Titans too went with Dick. The only significant Drake outing was BTAS and there he was turned in to a poor mans Jason Todd. Drakes time is over now,bury him and consider it mercy,they are pushing the current Robin which makes sense and the fact that they are finally willing to give someone besides Dick a proper go is a first.
    Tim fans still have those toy cartoons to look forward to.

Sam Liu,Miller and Burnett's involvement is a HUGE plus for this movie right now.