Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

BEST*ARTIST OF 2014
    Last Year’s Winner: Stuart Immonen

There were so many great artists this year, I feel guilty only recognizing four of the following:

Nominees:
    • Daniel Acuna- (Uncanny Avengers (vol. 2) #1-5)
    • Philip Andrade- (Siege (vol. 2) #1-5)
    • Ario Anindito- (House of M (vol. 2) #3, Wolverines #12, 16)
    • Kris Anka- (Uncanny X-Men (vol. 1) #600, Wolverines #7, 14)
    • Mahmud Asrar- (Uncanny X-Men (vol. 1) #600, All New X-Men (vol. 1) #37-41)
    • Chris Bachalo- (Uncanny X-Men (vol. 1) #600, Uncanny X-Men (vol. 3) #30-35)
    • Mark Bagley – (All New X-Men (vol. 2) #1-3)
    • Al Barrionuevo - (Storm (vol. 3) #9)
    • Elmo Bondoc- (Deadpool vs. Thanos #1-4)
    • Roland Boschi- (X-Men (vol. 4) #23-26)
    • Nick Bradshaw- (Wolverines #1-2)
    • Phil Briones- (Storm (vol. 3) #8)
    • Reilly Brown- (Deadpool & Cable: Split Second #1)
    • Juan Cabal- (Wolverines #17)
    • Andy Clarke- (Wolverines #3-4)
    • Iban Coello- (Age of Apocalypse (vol. 4) #4-5)
    • Paul Davidson- (Magneto (vol. 3) #18-21)
    • Mike Del Mundo- (All New X-Men (vol. 1) #37)
    • Vanessa Del Rey- (Scarlet Witch (vol. 2) #1)
    • Carmine di Giandomenico - (All New X-Factor #19-20, X-Tinction Agenda #1-4)
    • Juan Doe- (Wolverines #8, 15, 17)
    • Salvador Epsin- (Deadpool (vol. 3) #41-44)
    • Marco Failla- (House of M (vol. 2) #1-2, Spider-Man & the X-Men #2-6)
    • Alti Firmansyah - (Star-Lord & Kitty Pryde #1-3)
    • Jorge Fornes - (Amazing X-Men (vol. 2) #15-19)
    • Javier Garron- (Cyclops (vol. 3) #9-12, Inferno #1-5)
    • Mike Hawthorne- (Deadpool (vol. 4) #1-4)
    • Rock He-Kim - (X-Force (vol. 4) #14-15)
    • Victor Ibanez- (Storm (vol. 3) #7-11
    • Stuart Immonen- (Uncanny X-Men (vol. 1) #600)
    • Frazer Irving- (Uncanny X-Men (vol. 1) #600)
    • Scott Koblish- (Deadpool (vol. 3) #40, Deadpool: Tres Punto Uno, X-Men ‘92 #1-4, Deadpool‘s Art of War #4)
    • Ariela Kristiana- (Wolverines #11, 17)
    • Mark Laming- (Uncanny Avengers (vol. 3) Annual #1)
    • Greg Land- (Uncanny X-Men (vol. 4) #1-2)
    • Matteo Lolli- (Deadpool‘s Secret Wars #1-4)
    • David Lopez- (All New Wolverine #1-3)
    • Jonathon Marks- (Wolverines #5, 10, 17)
    • Jason Masters- (Wolverines #6, 13)
    • Ed McGuiness- (Guardians of the Galaxy & X-Men: The Black Vortex Alpha #1, Guardians of the Galaxy & X-Men: The Black Vortex Omega #1)
    • Todd Nauck - (Nightcrawler (vol. 4) #10-12)
    • Peter Nguyen - (Wolverines #9)
    • Mike Norton - (Years of Future Past #1-5)
    • Humberto Ramos- (Extraordinary X-Men #1-5)
    • Esad Ribic- (Secret Wars #1-9)
    • Gerardo Sandoval - (Age of Apocalypse (vol. 4) #3)
    • R.B. Silva- (Spider-Man & the X-Men #4)
    • Andrea Sorrentino- (Old Man Logan #1-5)
    • Ryan Stegman- (Uncanny Avengers(vol. 4) #1-3)
    • Ramon Villalobos- ((E is for Extinction #1-4)
    • Nicole Virella- (Return of the Living Deadpool)
    • Gabriel Hernandez Walta- (Magneto (vol. 3) #14-17)
    • Skottie Young (Giant-Size Little Marvel: AVX #1-4)

Second Runner-up…

Chris Bachalo!* (10 points, 3 first place votes)

For two decades now, Bachalo has been blowing minds, from the point he hit the scene on Age of Apocalypse and the original Generation X, to these days, when he’s been giving the goods on Uncanny X-Men (vol. 3) with his own unduplicated style. There have been years he only drew a single X-book, and he finishes on the medal stand, where he belongs.

First Runner-up…

Victor Ibanez! (11 points, 3 first place vote),

Talk about range… Ibanez had Storm arguably looking her best in years while rocking the classic Mohawk look, and at the same time, has the capacity to give us some bizarre and savage monsters on the page, from the cyborg Davis Harmon, to the always freaky-as-hell Kenji Uedo. Definitely deserving of recognition.

But your winner this year…

The Voters’ Pick for Best Artist of 2014 is…

Andrea Sorrentino! (12 points, 2 first place votes)

Andrea Sorrentino first started to get noticed working on some of the X-Men Annuals the past few years, and in 2015, he penciled Chapters 4 and 5 of “The Black Vortex”, as well as laying out some gorgeous panels in “Old Man Logan”.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

BEST WRITER OF 2015
    Last Year’s Winner: Simon Spurrier

Nominees
    • Brian Michael Bendis- (All New X-Men #37-41, Uncanny X-Men (vol. 1) #600, Uncanny X-Men (vol. 3) #30-35)
    • Marguerite Bennett - (Years of Future Past #1-5)
    • Chad Bowers- (X-Men ’92 #1-4)
    • Cullen Bunn- (Uncanny X-Men (vol. 4) #1-2, Deadpool’s Secret Wars, House of M (vol. 2), Magneto (vol. 3) #14-21, Return of the Living Deadpool)
    • Chris Burnham- ((E is for Extinction #1-4)
    • Chris Claremont- (Nightcrawler (vol. 4) #10-12)
    • Dennis Culver- ((E is for Extinction #1-4)
    • Peter David – (All New X-Factor #19-20, Deadpool’s Art of War #4)
    • Jerry Duggan - (Deadpool (vol. 3) #40-46, Deadpool (vol. 4) #1-4 , Uncanny Avengers #1-3)
    • Ray Fawkes- (Wolverines #5-20)
    • Kieron Gillen – (Siege (vol. 2) #1-5)
    • Marc Guggenheim – (X-Tinction Agenda #1-4
    • Jonathon Hickman – (Secret Wars #1-9)
    • Dennis Hopeless – (All New X-Men (vol. 2) #1-3, House of M (vol. 2), Inferno #1-5)
    • Sam Humphries – (Star-Lord & Kitty Pryde #1-3, Guardians of the Galaxy & X-Men: The Black Vortex Omega #1, Guardians of the Galaxy & X-Men: The Black Vortex Omega #1, )
    • Elliott Kalan – (Spider-Man & the X-Men #2-6)
    • Craig Kyle (Amazing X-Men (vol. 2) #15-19)
    • John Layman – (Cyclops (vol. 3) #9-12)
    • Jeff Lemire- (Extraordinary X-Men#1-5)
    • Fabian Nicienza - (Age of Apocalypse (vol. 4) #1-5, Deadpool & Cable: Split Second #1)
    • Greg Pak – (Storm (vol. 3) #7-11)
    • Brian Posehn - (Dead pool (vol. 3) #40-46, Deadpool: Tres Punto Uno)
    • Rick Remender – (Uncanny Avengers (vol. 2) #1-5)
    • James Robinson – (Scarlet Witch (vol. 2) #1, Uncanny Avengers (vol. 3) Annual #1)
    • Tim Seeley - (Deadpool vs. Thanos #1-4)
    • Chris Sims- (X-Men ’92 #1-4)
    • Charles Soule - (Wolverines #1-20)
    • Simon Spurrier - ( X-Force (vol. 4) #14-15)
    • Tom Taylor- (All New Wolverine #1-3)
    • G. Willow Wilson – (X-Men (vol. 4)#23-26
    • Chris Yost (Amazing X-Men (vol. 2) #15-19)
    • Skottie Young (Giant-Size Little Marvel: AVX #1-4)

Second Runner-up…

Greg Pak!(12 points, 3 first place votes)

The man behind Storm (vol. 3), Pak has been a major player at Marvel for years now, and continues to deliver, giving us the best take on the Wind Rider in… well, it’s been awhile. Hopefully, that isn’t the last time he gets a crack at her.

First Runner-up…

Simon Spurrier! (13 points, 4 first place votes)
    Simon Spurrier came into this year having won the best X-Writer Award the past two years, and just barely missed out on a three-peat, mostly because his last two issues of X-Force were his entire offering for the year (although they were really, really good). Who passed him for the top spot?

The Voters’ Pick for Best Writer of 2015 is…

Cullen Bunn! (17 points, 4 first place votes)
    Who else? We’ve repeatedly mentioned his work on Magneto (vol. 3), and already here in 2016, writing Magneto with a team of badasses in [I]Uncanny X-Men (vol. 4) dealing with the Dark Riders make it pretty clear he knows how to spin a yarn. Taking the X-Men’s antagonists and making them credible protagonists is no small feat, and it’s a refreshing change of pace to see a team willing to compromise their morals without having to have a debate about it.

Between “Shadow Games”, and “Last Days of Magneto”, it’s pretty clear how Cullen Bunn won the Best Writer of the Year for 2015, though.

Wow the turnout is the poorest its ever been. I didn't vote I actually did not enjoy anything X-Men in 2015. I didn't even hate things enough to vote for it in the poor categories.

Thanks for tallying it all up, worstblogever! Seemed like it was a particularly thankless task this year.

Thanks worstblogever I love your summaries.

Glad to see Sunspot get a win this year but I want to see him back in an X-Book now

Quote Originally Posted by somacula View Post
    Yup, and I totally forgot to vote...
    Anyways to OP, could you use this scan also
    It's good to see cyclops in all his phoenix glory one last time, if I could choose one way to die for Cyke, between offscreen mystery and a fight against an evil tyrant this one takes the cake
    Getting drunk on Phoenix power, as usual. Doom did everyone a favour on this one.
    "The means are as important as the end - we have to do this right or not at all.
    Anything less negates every belief we've ever had, every sacrifice we've ever made."

"Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely."

"No justice, no peace."

BANNED

I'm happy to see a lot of Ororo Munroe aka Storm recognitions.

"The problem is not with Bobby being gay but how that happened and" Just an excuse for people who are totally mad about Bobby being gay to complain and say the crap out of it without wanting to be judged because "I don't have a problem with being gay at all, it's just that...". And of course, the Jeen haters who use this to say "See how she's an invasive brat !!! She obligated Bobby to come out!!!11" when it's totally not what she did.

Quote Originally Posted by RLAAMJR. View Post
    I'm happy to see a lot of Ororo Munroe aka Storm recognitions.
    Just on this board a lot of fans Storm. They voted. It's also amazing how the win Republican senator in the Republican state)
    But very few fans of Wolverine. So Old Man Logan and gorgeous Andrea Sorrentino almost nothing is won.
    Last edited by Jumbo; 01-22-2016 at 02:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    "The problem is not with Bobby being gay but how that happened and" Just an excuse for people who are totally mad about Bobby being gay to complain and say the crap out of it without wanting to be judged because "I don't have a problem with being gay at all, it's just that...". And of course, the Jeen haters who use this to say "See how she's an invasive brat !!! She obligated Bobby to come out!!!11" when it's totally not what she did.
    So anyone that does not agree with Bendis' writing style is either a homophobe or a hater? Wow, is your "theory" gonna have trouble applying to me.

Nope, some of us just didn't like how it was written. Over the years this plot has been way better done by nearly every fic writer....well...ever. Actually, this very situation was excellently handled before using the bond between Bobby and Jean as a starting point.

Same two characters, one scene, same situation, just with WAY better writing.

(I posted a link to it when this all started and the "hater" theory was brought up the first time. Really, Bendis wasn't reinventing the wheel with this, he was just terrible at using it.)
    Last edited by Beezzi; 01-22-2016 at 04:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Oh please. I voted this as one of the worst X-Book moments of 2015 and I'm fine with Bobby being confirmed LGBT. I've stated before that the silver lining to how he was outted is that at least other writers are free to move forward with exploration of his sexuality now (since Bendis apparently couldn't be bothered to do any of the heavy lifting). But I still think the scene as written flat out stinks.

BANNED

Hmmmm.. some winners are tagged best of 2014 instead of 2015.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    Oh please. I voted this as one of the worst X-Book moments of 2015 and I'm fine with Bobby being confirmed LGBT. I've stated before that the silver lining to how he was outted is that at least other writers are free to move forward with exploration of his sexuality now (since Bendis apparently couldn't be bothered to do any of the heavy lifting). But I still think the scene as written flat out stinks.
    That's because it does.

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    Wow the turnout is the poorest its ever been. I didn't vote I actually did not enjoy anything X-Men in 2015. I didn't even hate things enough to vote for it in the poor categories.
    Thanks for tallying it all up, worstblogever! Seemed like it was a particularly thankless task this year.
    I think that some of the passion from fans to get them to vote got diminished what with 6-8 months of Secret Wars putting the ongoings on hold.

Next year will likely see turnout back up, I'm about certain of that.

Yeah, basically all of this - especially the heavy lifting bit.

But then Arduinel reads TMNT, so he knows what proper, good writing is suppose to look like.