Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Default 2015 X-Book Awards- The Results

2015 X-Books Awards as Voted by the X-Forum- RESULTS!

Here was the original thread with the nominees, that a lot of folks voted in, and there were some votes that came in via Private Message.

The plan, as it stands, is I’m going to go ahead and post a few of these up at a time, over the next few days, and the thread is more than open to discussion of the results, including both the X-Book Award winners, and the X-Razzie categories that are available.

I strongly encourage, though, congratulations for the creators who work on the characters and titles that win, and those that win in the best writer and best artist category, when the time comes. With any luck, some of them may be willing to drop in and thank those who voted for them, and probably tease*that we haven’t seen anything yet, with 2015 already well and under way.

Thank you again to all those who participated in the voting, and thanks to the creators, that have given us all something to vote for!

And… on with the rundown…

FINAL RESULTS:

1/18/2016
    Best Onomatopoeia
    Winner: CRACK

Best Quote
    2nd Runner-up: "I want them to see the Wolverine coming."- X-23
    1st Runner-up:Of course i was &#$% right!” - Inferno's Cyclops

Winner: "To me, my X-Men!"- Storm

Most Bizarre Moment (Rouge Mort Trophy)
    Winner: The Utopians

Most Shocking Moment
    Winner: God Doom breaks Cyclops' neck!

Funniest Moment
    Winner: Gabby the Clone saves fingers

Best Fight/Battle
    2nd Runner-up: Civil War Storm vs. Civil War Iron Man
    1st Runner-up: God Doom vs. Cyclops
    Winner: Martha Johansson vs. Rachel Grey

Best Death:
    2nd Runner-up: Matthew Malloy
    1st Runner-up: Clone X-23_3PAR
    Winner: Cyclops

1/19/2016
    Best Romance/Kiss:
    Winner: Kitty Pryde & Star-Lord

Best Crossover
    2nd Runner-up: Last Days Of...
    1st Runner-up: Black Vortex
    Winner: Secret Wars

Low Point of the Year
    Winner: The Outing of Iceman

High Point of the Year
    Winner: Iceman is Gay

Most Missed Character
    2nd Runner-up: Warpath
    1st Runner-up: Banshee
    Winner: Dani Moonstar

Best Debut Character
    2nd Runner-up: The Endless Summers
    1st Runner-up: Azimuth
    Winner: Bo

Breakthrough Character
    Winner: Sunspot

Best Mutant Appearing Outside an X-book
    2nd Runner-up: Dazzler
    1st Runner-up: Sunspot
    Winner: Rogue

1/20/2016
    Least Favorite Villain(s)
    2nd Runner-up: Luminous
    1st Runner-up: Matthew Malloy
    Winner: Mystique

Best Villain(s)
    2nd Runner-up: Magik (Inferno)
    1st Runner-up: Goblyn Queen (Inferno)
    Winner: Mr. Sinister

Least Favorite Hero
    2nd Runner-up: Beast
    1st Runner-up: Fantomex
    Winner: Teen Jean

Best Hero
    2nd Runner-up: Magneto
    1st Runner-up: Magik
    Winner: Storm

1/21/2016
    Least Favorite Cover
    2nd Runner-up:
    1st Runner-up:
    Winner: *

Best Cover
    2nd Runner-up:
    1st Runner-up:

Best One-Shot
    2nd Runner-up:
    1st Runner-up:

Least Favorite Miniseries
    2nd Runner-up:
    1st Runner-up:

Best Miniseries
    2nd Runner-up:
    1st Runner-up:

1/22/2016
    Least Favorite Story from a Single X-Title
    2nd Runner-up:
    1st Runner-up:

Best Story from a Single X-Title
    2nd Runner-up:
    1st Runner-up:

Least Favorite Ongoing
    2nd Runner-up:
    1st Runner-up:

Best Ongoing
    2nd Runner-up:
    1st Runner-up:

Best Artist
    2nd Runner-up:
    1st Runner-up:

Best Writer:
    2nd Runner-up:
    1st Runner-up:
    Winner:*
    Last edited by worstblogever; 01-20-2016 at 01:20 AM.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

ONOMATOPOIEA OF THE YEAR
    The winner in 2014 was “BAMF!”, mostly because people were just relieved to have Nightcrawler back from the dead. But what about this year?

And the 2015 award winner for what amounts to, “Best Sound Effect” is…

“CRACK!” (12 points, 4 first place votes)

Almost every single vote in this category was for this incredible moment from Secret Wars, where it became very clear that God Doom was indeed almighty, taking down a Phoenix-powered Cyclops without breaking a sweat. I'm sure at some point, Doom's going to eat an optic blast down the line to even things out.
    Last edited by worstblogever; 01-18-2016 at 01:40 PM.

QUOTE OF THE YEAR
    Last year’s winner was Beast fretting while saying “It means Scott Summers was RIGHT!” So… who was quotable this year?

Second Runner-up

"I want them to see the Wolverine coming."- X-23 (7 points, 1 first place vote)

Laura Kinney has taken on the mantle of Wolverine, and she's quickly making it mean something around the Marvel Universe, and for its fans. Quotes like this will do that.

First Runner-up…

“Of course i was &#$% right! - Inferno's Cyclops!* (8 points, 2 first place vote)

It seems like some version of, "________ was RIGHT." makes it into this category every year. This would be the third year in a row that I can recall it (Quentin Quire 2 years ago, Beast last year).

And the 2015 award winner for the quote of the year is…

"To Me, My X-Men!"- Storm (12 points, 4 first place votes)

Sends a tingle up your spine, so see Storm leading like this, doesn't it? And not just because of the residual electrical shock from the lightning. After YEARS of her fans clamoring for the Goddess to take charge, that time is now.
    Last edited by worstblogever; 01-18-2016 at 01:40 PM.

MOST BIZARRE MOMENT OF THE YEAR (a.k.a. the Rouge Mort Trophy)
    Last Year’s Winner was Exodus is working for S.H.I.E.L.D.?!? That was totally out of left field, really. So what moment from 2015 made X-Fans go, “WTF?”

And the 2015 winner of the “Rouge Mort” trophy…

The Utopians Revealed! (15 points, 5 first place votes)

Alright, it was pretty explicitly stated at the end of "AvX" that S.H.I.E.L.D. had scoured the artificial island of Utopia, and it was abandoned completely but was to be observed by the intelligence organization to make sure that no one else came in and tried to swipe any of the technology that was in the place. So finding out that there were still angry, anti-human mutants seething there was a bit of a shock.

And some of them, you can see in their history, they wanted to lurk beneath the notice of humans, and attack if anyone came looking for them. Like Masque, a former Morlock, on the crew. You could believe Random would be down for that, because his motives has always been... well, random.

But how the hell is Boom Boom there, suddenly away from X-Force? How is Madison Jeffries there? Did he take an off-panel breakup with Danger badly? Karma? How is Karma there? She'd been spotted back at the Jean Grey School already. Why would she pack her bags and try and go live back on Utopia as a refugee without anyone noticing? Hell... ELIXIR. The last time we saw Elixir he had been unceremoniously killed off by Siphon in the Death of Wolverine event.

When a team of antagonists appears together without any character motivation to drive them, with what seems like all of the thought put into their assemblage that X-Forum users used to put into their Mutant League teams, that earns them the 2015 Rouge Mort Award win. Seriously, every vote in this category went towards "The Utopians". It was that overwhelming.
    Last edited by worstblogever; 01-18-2016 at 01:39 PM.

MOST SHOCKING MOMENT OF 2015

Last year’s winner was “Xavier and Mystique were married!”… now for this year’s winners…

And the 2015 winner of the “Most Shocking Moment” trophy is…

Dr. Doom kills Cyclops! (10 points, 3 first place votes)

That may have not been the character you thought would end up as fodder to establish the villain's threat level, eh? And he even did it one handed. For that reason, X-fans voted it as the Most Shocking of 20145.

FUNNIEST MOMENT OF 2015
    Last year’s winner was “Emma Frost's Reaction to the Xavier/Darkholme Marriage”.*Because she reacted exactly how the rest of us did. But what won for 2015?

And the winner of the “Funniest Moment of 2015” is…

Gabby the Clone Returns Taskmaster's Fingers! (10 points, 2 first place votes)

X-23 has always shown some socially awkward behavior, what with having been raised to be a killing machine and all that. Well, upon finding several clones of herself without a healing factor in her new series, the Alchemax corporation is trying to recover them, and sent the mercenary Taskmaster to kill them off. He didn't count on the new Wolverine being there, and after a brief fight, he lost a couple digits because he didn't know she was packing adamantium foot claws.

And lo, we found out that Laura Kinney's clones, with similar back history to her, have some of the same quirky thoughts she does. Like how one of them, Gabriel, was nice enough to return Taskmaster's severed fingers in case he plays the piano (and having watched concerto pianists, he can). It was disturbing and sweet at the same time, and therefore hilarious.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    FUNNIEST MOMENT OF 2015
    Last year’s winner was “Emma Frost's Reaction to the Xavier/Darkholme Marriage”.*Because she reacted exactly how the rest of us did. But what won for 2015?

And the winner of the “Funniest Moment of 2015” is…

Gabby the Clone Returns Taskmaster's Fingers! (10 points, 2 first place votes)

X-23 has always shown some socially awkward behavior, what with having been raised to be a killing machine and all that. Well, upon finding several clones of herself without a healing factor in her new series, the Alchemax corporation is trying to recover them, and sent the mercenary Taskmaster to kill them off. He didn't count on the new Wolverine being there, and after a brief fight, he lost a couple digits because he didn't know she was packing adamantium foot claws.

And lo, we found out that Laura Kinney's clones, with similar back history to her, have some of the same quirky thoughts she does. Like how one of them, Gabriel, was nice enough to return Taskmaster's severed fingers in case he plays the piano (and having watched concerto pianists, he can). It was disturbing and sweet at the same time, and therefore hilarious.
    I don't think that was Tasky's fingers they were talking about, just a random Alchemax mook.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    I don't think that was Tasky's fingers they were talking about, just a random Alchemax mook.
    That doesn't make it any less funny.

BEST FIGHT/BATTLE OF 2015

Last year’s award winner was Hijack & the X-Men vs. Dark Beast & S.H.I.E.L.D.! What took home the prize this year?

Second runner-up

Civil War Storm vs. Civil War Iron Man! (7 points, 2 first place vote)

For whatever moments Storm might not have got the chance to shine in the original Civil War (only getting to weaken Ragnarok for Hercules), this one makes up for it.

First runner-up

Cyclops vs. God Doom! (8 points, 2 first place vote)

We'll not beat a dead horse and keep talking about it, as it's sweeping a lot of categories today.

And the winner of the “Best Battle*of 2015”* is…

Martha Johansson vs. Rachel Grey! (9 points, 2 first place vote)
    An impromptu psychic battle in Spider-Man & the X-Men has won the award for this year, as the underdog brain in a jar, Martha, managed to pull the upset and wipe away the memory of former Phoenix Force bearer, Rachel Grey.

BEST DEATH SCENE OF 2014
    Last year’s winner was Wolverine, obviously, because they had a whole event about it. But whose dirt nap wins in 2015?

Second Runner-up…

Matthew Malloy! (7 points, 1 first place vote)

It can be debated if it counts as a "death" if someone goes back in time to prevent someone is ever conceived... but that's what Tempus did to take down Matthew Malloy. X-Men time-travel shenanigans FTW!

First Runner Up…

Clone X-23_3PAR!(12 points, 3 first place votes)

Normally, when clones die off, it's not a big deal. Especially when they only appear in that single issue. But this one... the twist factor and the implications for Laura Kinney made it a very big deal.

The Most Noted Death of 2015 is…

Cyclops! (17 points, 5 first place votes)
    Again, the award goes to the highest profile X-Man to bite the dust. Cyclops getting snuffed out in Secret Wars is you winner.

BANNED

That doesn't make it any less funny.
    Oh, not saying that. In fact I think it makes it even FUNNIER; Taskmaster you can reasonably believe COULD be a concert pianist if he were so inclined. A random mook? Not so much.

Just sayin' for, y'know, accuracy (like it's Gabrielle, not Gabriel ;-) ).

BANNED

The Most Noted Death of 2015 is…

Cyclops! (17 points, 5 first place votes)
    Again, the award goes to the highest profile X-Man to bite the dust. Cyclops getting snuffed out in Secret Wars is you winner.

Wait!! So, from this am I (we) to infer that the Scott Summers of Earth-616 died at the hands of (???) on Battleworld during the Secret Wars (2015) crossover?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ZNOP View Post

Wait!! So, from this am I (we) to infer that the Scott Summers of Earth-616 died at the hands of (???) on Battleworld during the Secret Wars (2015) crossover?
    Yup, and I totally forgot to vote...
    Anyways to OP, could you use this scan also
    It's good to see cyclops in all his phoenix glory one last time, if I could choose one way to die for Cyke, between offscreen mystery and a fight against an evil tyrant this one takes the cake
    Last edited by somacula; 01-18-2016 at 06:04 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by somacula View Post
    https://encrypted-tbn2.************/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQE2T9J5_-xrMQ0pwIlSnHNWi5_g6OH_IE2T0ZxnaY732jI73epVTtmhqp4
    This link is either invalid or dead.

BANNED

[SIZE="5"]QUOTE OF THE YEAR
    And the 2015 award winner for the quote of the year is…

"To Me, My X-Men!"- Storm (12 points, 4 first place votes)

Sends a tingle up your spine, so see Storm leading like this, doesn't it? And not just because of the residual electrical shock from the lightning. After YEARS of her fans clamoring for the Goddess to take charge, that time is now.

Yes! and that line was used on 3 different comics, all by Storm.