Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    BANNED

Default Fixing the terrigen storyline

So since we spend most of our time complaining about what we don't like I've decided we should propose alternatives to the terrigen storyline that fix most issues it has and could leave most sides satisfied.

How to Fix the terrigen storyline
    :

This is long overdue but I finally got it, first of all the problems with the storyline itself:

-The inhumans look like total assholes unless you read their books, and if they look like total douchebags why whould X fans want to read their books?
    -The mutants are one the verge of extiction again and dropping faster than flies
    -Cyclops is dead and literally hitler according to everyone in universe even tough he tried to save the mutants (it's emma but still)
    -Storm is an incompetent leader
    -Any attempts on finding a cure or removing the cloud are 100% ineffective
    -Inhumans give the impression of being genocidal maniacs and monsters, even if they aren't

Overall my problem and I'm sure the problem of many is that X men get the short straw on the storyline while the inhumans thrive, add to the fact that marvel crammed an inhuman storyline in all the X books makes it very difficult for many X fans to not have at least some apathy towards the inhumans in general. Oh and don't get me started on the complex saying that marvel wants to replace X men with inhumans. So that has made the anti inhuman sentiment increase because X men coudln't have any proper storyline because we had this inhuman fart of death haging around in everything.

The new story

During the 8 months gap the terrigen becomes deadly to all non inhumans because of its contact to the earth atmosphere because it's bonded to the nitrogen. The inhumans are keeping that information from everyone to avoid a major panic but they can't control the cloud.

Now into the noddle incident, the cloud is arriving to any city (preferably fictional) so they ask for help because they're unaware of what the clouds can do and they don't wanna risk exposure to an unknown chemical agent , so Cyclops arrives with his team including Magik, vanisher and pixie, the teleporters and the telepaths start working on evacuating the city while Cyclops is trying to stop the mist, then storm and crystal arrive to aid but they're unable to stop it (it's speculated that the terrigen has a mind on its own). The remaing X men along with the inhumans focus their efforts on evacuating the city but they're unable to finish it, some inhumans remain to evacuate the city along with elemental mutants (Mercury, Rockslide) and they realize that the mists are harmful to everyone including mutants. Crystal begs to keep the incident under wraps but in the information era a bunch of teenagers with cellphones are enough to send it to all news stations to create a widespread panic ... Cyclops gives a global message reassuring that the mutants are working to stop the terrigen mist, he uses hijack to broadcast it on all TVs and computers in the world and in front of them with the help of Alchemy turns the mists into ethanol and uses sunfire to burn it and Iceman to make sure fire harms nobody, however there are two cloud left and Alchemy perished and the healers are unable to bring it back.

What happens after is that X men and mutants recieve a wave of appraisal from humans and the international community because of their efforts to stop the terrigen mists that roam the earth, Cyclops is acknowledged as a hero and he compromises to protect humanity as he always has. On the other hand the press has twisted the terrigen storyline and convinced in everyone's head that the Inhumans released the terrigen cloud, the situations causes widespread violence against inhumans, with technology provided to detect them, the governments are threatening to nuke attilan or invade then with all the alien tech they've collected from multiple alien invasions, overall the inhumans are now the ones hated instead of the mutants but there's a reason for that.
    Tensions between x men and Inhumans are escalating, Cyclops unites the X men (storm side,Cyclops side, Magneto side, Cable X force, X teens, X factor ) and they present an united front to negotiate with the inhumans how to address the terrigen problem. Regarding the cloud each side will patrol one cloud but the X men threaten to burn it if it goes near any populated centre, and regarding the inhumans image problem black bolt accepts to "confess" his role in releasing the terrigen cloud in front of the world. That doesn't do much but the X men help the inhumans push their efforts in order to trial black bolt and provide medical help to those human and mutants affected by thc clouds (that's acknowledged in the X books), it helps ease up tensions but the nations are threatening on their own to destroy the cloud or nuke attilan.

Now comes the second wave or research, they figure out that a large amount of Cyclops powers can destroy the terrigens but it takes him a huge effort to burn small amounts. The second incident comes when a second mists comes to a large population centre, in this case new york buy the problem is that the cloud outrun the inhumans and they're unable to track it, the heroes tries to evacuate new york but it's far too many people so Cyclops makes a choice, he overloads his power with the help of MGH and teleports to a mathematical middle of the cloud, unleashes his power in all directions and dies like a hero. The X men take the credit in front of the world for saving new York, mutantkind is much better recived around the world and the X men make a deal with the UN to police the world, they've various teams and are united, Storm is their front and she's the one that made the deal with the UN after Cyclops died, but the decisions are taken among all teams .

On the other hand the inhumans are in danger of losing the last terrigen cloud, Medusa is facing some opossition because she hasn't protected the inhumans enough, they're badly perceived around the world and plenty of nations have attilan on their sights. They can play with the X men hated narrative but focus on their games of thrones stories. They also look more sympathetic and with bolt in prison and they providing help to those affected by terrigen they look responsive and willing to make up for what happened with the terrigen, even mistreated because they've doing a lot to help with the consequences of the terrigen.

Final thoughts
    :
    I think my story tackles most of the failures of the original terrigen storyline, and it can lead to a version of IvX where the inhumans are the underdogs. Also it leaves room for a better status quo for the X men and storm will have plenty of opportunities to act as a decent leader.
    Also thanks for reading

BANNED

You do know that IvX and Ororo's active leadership role is about to come to an end, right?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ZNOP View Post
    You do know that IvX and Ororo's active leadership role is about to come to an end, right?
    This is more or less a replacement for DoX that gives cyclops a good farewell, it leaves room for Storm to be a decent leader and maybe leave when she's at the top

BANNED

Ororo's not going anywhere as she's slated to have a role in the up and coming "ResurrXion" arc directly after Inhumans Vs. X-Men ends -- the defacto leaders of the Blue and Gold teams will now be Jean and Kitty respectively... I'm just saying

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ZNOP View Post
    Ororo's not going anywhere as she's slated to have a role in the up and coming "ResurrXion" arc directly after Inhumans Vs. X-Men ends -- the defacto leaders of the Blue and Gold teams will now be Jean and Kitty respectively... I'm just saying
    This is a fix for the terrigen storyline post DoX and pre resurreXiOn

BANNED

Oh, then let me know when this "fix" to hit the shelves...

Nitrogen is in air, and is far too common. So mutants would have been exposed to nitrogen-terragien mix.

Sulfur is far better, heighten atmospheric sulfur due to recent volcanic activity and pollution(If you want).

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Likewater View Post
    Nitrogen is in air, and is far too common. So mutants would have been exposed to nitrogen-terragien mix.

Sulfur is far better, heighten atmospheric sulfur due to recent volcanic activity and pollution(If you want).
    I prefer the explanation of the terrigen having self consciousness thus the inability to control it

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Likewater View Post

not only that N2(the nitrogen in the air ) in chemicly inert (mostly).

I would change three things
    a) Cyclops is treated like a hero (but I would have kept the death of X twist known only to Emma ,the Cuckoos, Storm and Magik)
    b)tension between the goverment and the inhumans are rising to very uncomfortable levels.
    c) slowly reveal that keyposition among the inhumans (medusa, crystal, some others and the cloud Itself; NOT BLACKBOLT AND NOT MAXIMUS) are controlled/possed by John Sublime.

Astonishing Member ladyofthelake's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by somacula View Post
    So since we spend most of our time complaining about what we don't like I've decided we should propose alternatives to the terrigen storyline that fix most issues it has and could leave most sides satisfied.

How to Fix the terrigen storyline
    :

This is long overdue but I finally got it, first of all the problems with the storyline itself:

-The inhumans look like total assholes unless you read their books, and if they look like total douchebags why whould X fans want to read their books?
    -The mutants are one the verge of extiction again and dropping faster than flies
    -Cyclops is dead and literally hitler according to everyone in universe even tough he tried to save the mutants (it's emma but still)
    -Storm is an incompetent leader
    -Any attempts on finding a cure or removing the cloud are 100% ineffective
    -Inhumans give the impression of being genocidal maniacs and monsters, even if they aren't

Overall my problem and I'm sure the problem of many is that X men get the short straw on the storyline while the inhumans thrive, add to the fact that marvel crammed an inhuman storyline in all the X books makes it very difficult for many X fans to not have at least some apathy towards the inhumans in general. Oh and don't get me started on the complex saying that marvel wants to replace X men with inhumans. So that has made the anti inhuman sentiment increase because X men coudln't have any proper storyline because we had this inhuman fart of death haging around in everything.

The new story

During the 8 months gap the terrigen becomes deadly to all non inhumans because of its contact to the earth atmosphere because it's bonded to the nitrogen. The inhumans are keeping that information from everyone to avoid a major panic but they can't control the cloud.

Now into the noddle incident, the cloud is arriving to any city (preferably fictional) so they ask for help because they're unaware of what the clouds can do and they don't wanna risk exposure to an unknown chemical agent , so Cyclops arrives with his team including Magik, vanisher and pixie, the teleporters and the telepaths start working on evacuating the city while Cyclops is trying to stop the mist, then storm and crystal arrive to aid but they're unable to stop it (it's speculated that the terrigen has a mind on its own). The remaing X men along with the inhumans focus their efforts on evacuating the city but they're unable to finish it, some inhumans remain to evacuate the city along with elemental mutants (Mercury, Rockslide) and they realize that the mists are harmful to everyone including mutants. Crystal begs to keep the incident under wraps but in the information era a bunch of teenagers with cellphones are enough to send it to all news stations to create a widespread panic ... Cyclops gives a global message reassuring that the mutants are working to stop the terrigen mist, he uses hijack to broadcast it on all TVs and computers in the world and in front of them with the help of Alchemy turns the mists into ethanol and uses sunfire to burn it and Iceman to make sure fire harms nobody, however there are two cloud left and Alchemy perished and the healers are unable to bring it back.

What happens after is that X men and mutants recieve a wave of appraisal from humans and the international community because of their efforts to stop the terrigen mists that roam the earth, Cyclops is acknowledged as a hero and he compromises to protect humanity as he always has. On the other hand the press has twisted the terrigen storyline and convinced in everyone's head that the Inhumans released the terrigen cloud, the situations causes widespread violence against inhumans, with technology provided to detect them, the governments are threatening to nuke attilan or invade then with all the alien tech they've collected from multiple alien invasions, overall the inhumans are now the ones hated instead of the mutants but there's a reason for that.
    Tensions between x men and Inhumans are escalating, Cyclops unites the X men (storm side,Cyclops side, Magneto side, Cable X force, X teens, X factor ) and they present an united front to negotiate with the inhumans how to address the terrigen problem. Regarding the cloud each side will patrol one cloud but the X men threaten to burn it if it goes near any populated centre, and regarding the inhumans image problem black bolt accepts to "confess" his role in releasing the terrigen cloud in front of the world. That doesn't do much but the X men help the inhumans push their efforts in order to trial black bolt and provide medical help to those human and mutants affected by thc clouds (that's acknowledged in the X books), it helps ease up tensions but the nations are threatening on their own to destroy the cloud or nuke attilan.

Now comes the second wave or research, they figure out that a large amount of Cyclops powers can destroy the terrigens but it takes him a huge effort to burn small amounts. The second incident comes when a second mists comes to a large population centre, in this case new york buy the problem is that the cloud outrun the inhumans and they're unable to track it, the heroes tries to evacuate new york but it's far too many people so Cyclops makes a choice, he overloads his power with the help of MGH and teleports to a mathematical middle of the cloud, unleashes his power in all directions and dies like a hero. The X men take the credit in front of the world for saving new York, mutantkind is much better recived around the world and the X men make a deal with the UN to police the world, they've various teams and are united, Storm is their front and she's the one that made the deal with the UN after Cyclops died, but the decisions are taken among all teams .

On the other hand the inhumans are in danger of losing the last terrigen cloud, Medusa is facing some opossition because she hasn't protected the inhumans enough, they're badly perceived around the world and plenty of nations have attilan on their sights. They can play with the X men hated narrative but focus on their games of thrones stories. They also look more sympathetic and with bolt in prison and they providing help to those affected by terrigen they look responsive and willing to make up for what happened with the terrigen, even mistreated because they've doing a lot to help with the consequences of the terrigen.

Final thoughts
    :
    I think my story tackles most of the failures of the original terrigen storyline, and it can lead to a version of IvX where the inhumans are the underdogs. Also it leaves room for a better status quo for the X men and storm will have plenty of opportunities to act as a decent leader.
    Also thanks for reading
    I like the idea that the mist is sentient in some way. It makes up for the douchery on the side of the Inhumans if they don't have any control of it. How was it released, btw? Is Black Bolt still responsible for that?

The only thing I don't like is that Cyclops dies. Or rather stays dead but again I realize that this is to repair the horrible, terrible, vomit inducing storyline currently being shoved down our throats. I would have Scott resurrect some times later by the Phoenix or a sliver of the Phoenix or by the Phoenix force still being inside Scott.

YAY!!! Story repaired and made a thousand times better!!! This will be the version from now on in my mind!!!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ladyofthelake View Post
    I like the idea that the mist is sentient in some way. It makes up for the douchery on the side of the Inhumans if they don't have any control of it. How was it released, btw? Is Black Bolt still responsible for that?

The only thing I don't like is that Cyclops dies. Or rather stays dead but again I realize that this is to repair the horrible, terrible, vomit inducing storyline currently being shoved down our throats. I would have Scott resurrect some times later by the Phoenix or a sliver of the Phoenix or by the Phoenix force still being inside Scott.

YAY!!! Story repaired and made a thousand times better!!! This will be the version from now on in my mind!!!
    One day I'll write the fanfiction version , my writing skills are terrible so I'll have to take baby steps. Also black bolt accepts the blame here and I tried to give a more heroic end for Cyclops

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ladyofthelake View Post
    Black Bolt (and his brother) was fully aware of the Bomb and what it was built for... But, it was Maximus who armed the Terrigen bomb and Black Bolt detonated it (within Earth's atmosphere) while fighting Thanos.

Last edited by ZNOP; 12-14-2016 at 03:30 PM. Reason: Pic(s) added.

BANNED

Moreover, it was only speculated that the Terrigen clouds were sentient.
    Last edited by ZNOP; 12-14-2016 at 03:30 PM. Reason: Pic(s) added.

BANNED

Yeah great idea to drop a bomb built by a psycho

The truly hypocritical part of the whole Inhumans vs X-men is the way that each manifest their powers. Mutants can be born from both humans AND mutants and manifest their powers naturally when they hit puberty. The Inhumans can control who gets their powers though selective exposure to the Terrigen Crystals/Mists. WHICH they DID in the past! Before the whole Infinity charade, the Terrigen process was tightly regulated and Inhumans selectively bred and exposed specific Inhumans who got their powers. Marvel forgets that not all Inhumans had powers. Karnak for instance started with no powers.