Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    Oh please. I voted this as one of the worst X-Book moments of 2015 and I'm fine with Bobby being confirmed LGBT. I've stated before that the silver lining to how he was outted is that at least other writers are free to move forward with exploration of his sexuality now (since Bendis apparently couldn't be bothered to do any of the heavy lifting). But I still think the scene as written flat out stinks.
    Yeah, basically all of this - especially the heavy lifting bit.

But then Arduinel reads TMNT, so he knows what proper, good writing is suppose to look like.
    Last edited by Beezzi; 01-23-2016 at 05:37 AM.

It's been a pretty awful year for the X-Men. I hope that things improve in 2016 but of the very few X-Books Marvel is publishing I am reading one Uncanny X-Men and while I am liking what Bunn and Land are doing it's still the M-Pox storyline so I am sure if I will stay around.

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    BEST COVER OF 2015
    Last year’s winner was the Cyclops (vol. 3) #7. And this year, as I shut up and let the artwork speak for itself?

The Voters’ Pick for Best Cover of an X-Book in 2015 is…

Storm (vol. 3) #11! (14 points, 4 first place votes)

Congrats to the winners!
    These Stephanie Han covers were breathtaking. I loved all of them (Ibanez'z first cover being my fave of all) but #11 was especially GORGE!

BEST STORY FROM A SINGLE X-TITLE IN 2015
    Last year’s winner: ”Uncanny X-Men vs. S.H.I.E.L.D.”, because watching an intelligence agency get clowned by Dark Beast leaving inside a spacesuit on their own Helicarrier was hilarious. This year…

Second Runner-up…

”Bring the Thunder“ in Storm (vol. 3)! (14 points, 2 first place vote)[/B]

Storm ends up saving an airliner with a U.S. Senator on it from crashing during an attack by terrorists, and determines the person behind the plot is a cyborg arms dealer, Davis Harmon, with ties to Yukio. And once she takes him into custody, she learns that he resurrected Kenji Uedo to kill her and everyone she loves. So Ororo ends up having to fight Kenji’s flesh-crafted goons around the globe, all at once, to save friends scattered in Africa, Manhattan, the Xavier compound, and Mexico at the same time.

And she pulls it off, because she’s f’n Storm.
    Well said!

BEST* ONGOING* X-TITLE OF 2014
    Last Year’s Winner: Uncanny X-Men (vol. 3)

And the winners…
    First Runner-up…

Storm (vol. 3)! (15 points, 3 first place votes)
    There are reasons why Storm won for “Best Hero” of the year. If you’d like to learn more, you should have been reading her regular series, which gave us issue after issue of Storm kicking ass, and even taking time off here and there to go adventuring with Gambit, because when these two have thief hijinks, there’s nothing like it.
    And here is hoping to more Gambit/Storm team ups.

And LOLZ at Uncanny X-Men. Cyclop's "revolution" was a complete utter flop. What started out interesting indeed lulled and comically flatlined miserably.
    Be the change you wish to see in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Rider View Post
    And LOLZ at Uncanny X-Men. Cyclop's "revolution" was a complete utter flop. What started out interesting indeed lulled and comically flatlined miserably.
    Careful throwing that shade. Storm's Extraordinary ain't exactly a winner.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post
    Careful throwing that shade. Storm's Extraordinary ain't exactly a winner.
    We're just getting off the ground with Extraordinary, and what I've read so far has been fairly good thus far IMO. Either way bitter Cyclops fans' opinions = irrelevant.Enjoy the shade .

First Runner-up…

Victor Ibanez! (11 points, 3 first place vote),

Talk about range… Ibanez had Storm arguably looking her best in years while rocking the classic Mohawk look, and at the same time, has the capacity to give us some bizarre and savage monsters on the page, from the cyborg Davis Harmon, to the always freaky-as-hell Kenji Uedo. Definitely deserving of recognition.
    His work Storm, especially that 1st issue cover, was awesome. Has me excited for EXM #6. I'm hoping we get him as a regular in the X-verse.

Second Runner-up…

Greg Pak!(12 points, 3 first place votes)

The man behind Storm (vol. 3), Pak has been a major player at Marvel for years now, and continues to deliver, giving us the best take on the Wind Rider in… well, it’s been awhile. Hopefully, that isn’t the last time he gets a crack at her.
    Ah wish he'd won (all good finalist though). Another writer I think could write the hell out of X-Men.

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Rider View Post
    We're just getting off the ground with Extraordinary, and what I've read so far has been fairly good thus far IMO. Either way bitter Cyclops fans' opinions = irrelevant.Enjoy the shade .
    Bitter? Nah. Honest? Yeah. I actually like Storm, FYI. I dislike Storm fans who feel the need to crap all over other characters to make their 'Goddess' look better. Enjoy Limbo.
    Last edited by nx01a; 01-23-2016 at 11:16 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Bitter? Nah. Honest? Yeah. I actually like Storm, FYI. I dislike Storm fans who feel the need to crap all over other characters to make their 'Goddess' look better. Enjoy Limbo.
    Well, it's much like Cyclops fans. "Oh, oh, all X-Men traitors and Avengers PETS, but our Scott the best x-man, the bravest, most beautiful, clean-shaven, the most pleasant-smelling, etc., etc.")

Cyclops's fail, and the fact that I find it funny and further validated in the voting, is me being honest. The fact you felt so compelled to reply to my opinion and throw shade Storm's way makes your bitterness glaringly obvious. *shrugs* I don't need to do anything to make Storm look better . She does that all on her own. *returns to enjoying the Cyclops less X-Verse*

BANNED

Children, can we please play nice?

Wow people liked Black Vortex? I thought that was terrible

Are we doing one this year?

Uncanny X-Men, OML, and All-New Wolverine in a fight to the death for the Best lists? Because I have a hard time seeing any of the others getting a foot in the door.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by blanchett View Post
    Are we doing one this year?
    Last year there wasn't much voter turnout, maybe these year there's more

Astonishing Member darewithpeace's Avatar

wow feeling bad for the hate to teen jean
    we can be heroes, just for one day